April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mariasofia

Seriously i love love love this foundation to the max.i never found such a perfect foundation such as this one.well yes,this is my first time ever using a cream foundation.so i dont really know how good is other brand cream foundation.
I read some reviews saying this foundation is 'too much',or cakey.well i tink it depends on how and how much u apply it to ur face.i use foundation brush and it worked perfectly,i do not recommend using the sponge tht comes together with it.
Normally after im all done swiping the foundation on my face,i blot my face with tissue,by doing tht,ull remove oil and shine and ur face will have this glowy look.
And it can work as a concealer as well.i dnt break out with this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jessikad81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For all of us ladies that love this compact so much, I recommend sending revlon a quick email telling them how much you love it and want to put a word in to "NOT DISCONTINUE," seems to me that it's heading that way and it's a huge bummer as I'm a believer with this foundation as I know many of you are. I've already put my email in! Go for it ladies, let's hope they don't get rid of it!!! I will be soooo sad!
Here's the link to send a quick email to revlon-

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by patsommer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely the best foundation I have ever used. It covers very well and makes my skin look smooth and soft. I don't think it ever looks too dewy, but sometimes I will add a little setting powder to my T-zone just in case. (I just ordered Bye Bye Pores by It Cosmetics for this purpose--the reviews on this product are fabulous). My skin is a medium, almost olive shade, and I use #2 (Peach), which matches perfectly to my surprise. I think the other reviewer is correct in saying that the lightest shade is not very light, and Revlon should probably add some more. The only downfall is that because it's a creme compact, it doesn't last long, so it can become quite expensive to use. But that hasn't stopped me from using it. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by halley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I wear it in Warm Beige, but unfortunately, the new complexion line seems to be disappearing..I believe it is being discontinued! Ugh! Started looking for a similar replacement but can't find one as great as this!!! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

<3 This compact!!! One step and you're done! My skin looks dewy and perfect in a matter of seconds. I'm all about stuff that is QUICK. It's about 10 dollars a pop (which can be a bit pricey considering if you use this every day you will probably have to buy a new one every week).

Easy to blend and feels good on the skin. Must buy!

Honestly my favorite foundation along w/ bare minerals. (Although they are completely different.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Niccibot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I rate this a 5 as "emergency makeup" and a low 3 as "everyday makeup".

First why it's a 5: If you have to rush out the door with hardly any time to get ready this will get you looking made up & perfect in less than a minute. Seriously I am horrible about running late & I have gone from makeupless to perfect complexion in less than a minute so it's a lifesaver for people like me. The coverage is excellent, light & creamy, covers under eye circles & big red zits with ease & looks natural with a light sheen that looks dewy not greasy. Blends really easily & doesn't feel heavy. It's become a must have item for my case.

Now why it's a 3: I would not recommend this as an everyday makeup for the following reasons: 1) It's expensive & you end up using a lot with the sponge. If I were to use this everyday I would probably have to replace it 3 times for every 1 time I replace my normal foundation. 2) There are not enough color options. Even the fairest shade is still just a bit too dark for me, I don't look like I'm wearing the wrong shade but I don't feel like it stands up to close scrutiny because it's just too warm to match my tone. 3) If you've got oily spots it slips. It's very easy to blend back to perfect but if you can't check your makeup throughout the day this is an issue. On a hot & humid day this is probably not the best choice.

Just a packaging gripe, I like to change my make up sponge often & I find the bottom compartment is impossible to fit my sponge rounds into & get it to close properly.

So, I think this is the perfect "I gotta look perfect fast" makeup but if you have the time to spare you will probably want to stick with your current fav foundation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by smashvanweeda

I liked the coverage of this foundation. I like its conveniency the most because it is really convenient to apply with a sponge and not have to worry about pouring it out of tube, or squirting it on your hand and applying it with a brush like I usually do with other foundations. It lasts fairly well through out the day. Price is pretty fair compared to other brands. It ran out really fast for me though. I think it lasted maybe 2 weeks. I have acne scars that I tried to cover up so perhaps I used too much. The color matched me very well after blending. I'd buy it again, I just wish it wouldn't run out so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing. I cannot live without this stuff. I have combination skin that is drier in the winter and oily in the summer and i have redness and acne scars that wont go away so i use a heavy coverage foundation like this one and it had made such a difference in the way i look, my friends and family always ask how my face looks so flawless all the time because they know about my acne scars but this stuff just covers it all !! I would suggest using a good primer before applying this & use a stippling brush like the MAC 130 which is what i use. I also set it lightly with my Maybelline dream matte powder and i'm set for the day. This stays on all day until i take it off. I have never had problems with smudging or caking whatsoever. I would never waste a penny on any other foundation because this is a dream for me, i love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

I bought this a while ago, but have not been using it as much as I planned to. I liked the idea of one step makeup, so I gave it a try. It is an OK product. It definetly does not dry you out, but if you have a patch of dry skin it will make it even more obvious. I actually liked the packaging and think that it is very convinient how it's quite compact and the sponge is separated from the product. You will have to touch this up though and set it with powder a few times throughout the day (at least once for sure if you want your make up looking good). I also think that the coverage is not very good no matter how much you cake it on! Also, as expected from drugstore products, there is a minimal colour selection, so I accidentally got one too dark for me (02 tender peach) because it was the second lightest one and I thought it would work, so I had to apply very little and blend it a lot. And if you are planning on wearing it for a long time (over 10 hours) then it could very well break you out because I do believe that it is oil based (companies will ALWAYS advertise it on the product if it is oil free). It broke me out really badly once after wearing it for over 14 hours :( I am not rebuying this, but you could try it if you don't have acne prone skin and are looking for a reasonably priced drugstore product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Mommy2Jake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like the color match for my fair skin, plus the product did not blend well. I have combination skin and this product broke me out. I often felt oily and had to touch up with powder frequently while wearing this product. It does not provide a natural look either, so if you want to look like you are not wearing make-up, this is not the product for you.