Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/8/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this foundation even though I've been using it for about 2 years! This product is THE main foundation that I use - I buy it in either medium beige or natural beige, depending on what's available (my shade seems to sell out fast). The cheapest I ever got this was at Wal-Mart for about $14 CDN and the most expensive was at Shoppers Drug Mart for about $20 CDN. I LOVE the consistency - not too thin, not too thick - and it gives a great, smooth coverage for my oily, acne-prone, discoloured skin. I like the fact that it comes in a compact (means less mess and convenience) but the sponges that it comes with is just okay - I prefer a thicker, more absorbent sponge (like the ones at MAC). I use this everyday and it doesn't cause me any acne but at the same time, it doesn't really prevent oiliness (which I have a problem with)... that's why I have to use a translucent pressed powder over this foundation to control the oil.

In general, I am in love with this product - I don't see myself trying anything else! However, I think it oxidizes or something very quickly - I use this everyday (it will last me about 1 1/2 months) and when I only have a couple of uses left, the foundation appears darker on my skin. Perhaps the packaging could be changed - to make it more "airtight" or something to prevent the product from darkening so fast.

on 10/4/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this in tender peach since the buff in almay tlc was too light for my light olive skin. I applied first with a sponge and it covered none of my blemishes. I then used a concealer brush on spots and it gave medium coverage but looked unatural. It didn't feel like I had makeup on for 3 hours then my skin started to feel dry and I use a good moisturizer,cerave. The finish is satiny and I looked shiny in pictures but my skin was dry. This would be good for someone with normal to oily cleaer skin who wants a satin finish, I prefer more matte. The color was actually very forgiving if blended well and would probably work for a lot people with fair skin.
Update: I tried this again applying lightly with a foundation brush and I love the finish. It's natural and covers brown spots well. also lasted all day with no problems.

on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been continually purchasing this thick compact make up for over 10 years. This is my go-to foundation for special occassions or evenings. I consider it to be full coverage so I don't wear it as my everyday make up... but this looks so awesome with a dressier face. I find that it stays relatively moist on my skin- I have never had an issue with it becoming dry or cakey, but it is more of a matte finish foundation. It is a bit on the thick side- I use a very light hand when applying it, so perhaps that it why I haven't had any issues with it. I think it makes my skin look smooth, slighlty moist and almost flawless. I use the lightest shade on my super fair skin- in the packaging the shade looks like it'd be a touch dark for me- but when I smooth it on, it blends in nicely. I love the silky feel of this stuff. I will continue to repurchase this probably forever!

on 8/31/2011 10:54:00 AM

I used to really love this foundation. I still use it, just not as much. I do like it to cover redness on my cheeks and sometimes in other areas. It can settle into dry patches and looks cakey though. But if your skin isnt dry, like mine is, it can look natural and nice. It looks absolutly terrible under the eyes though, like chaulky and weird. I said I would buy it again, but i'm actually not sure if I would since I could probably find something much better than this for not that much more price wise.

I wanted a foundation that was more suitable for the summer. I need more coverage than a tinted moisturizer gives because I have a pretty uneven skin-tone. So I saw this while I was going to grab my favorite heavy-duty foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and decided to try it out. I love it! It's so hard for me to find good drugstore foundations because many brands don't carry light enough shades for my skin-tone but Revlon does. This foundation will give you whatever coverage you desire.

I have been using drug store make up for years and almost all of them make my skin break out. I recently tried Revlon New Complexion and loved it. It still looked great after a 9 hour shift and did not leave that greasy feeling. This will definitely be my drugstore foundation!

on 8/4/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm in LOVE with this. My only complaint is the color range. In winter I'm the first color, but its kinda weird on my skin. In summer, I'm in the shade 10. Still a little weird on my skin. Anyway, try it. It's worth 10.95.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this on a whim because I was curious as to how good it would work. It's actually fairly decent, but I would recommend using a makeup primer before you apply it. Also, I use makeup sponges to apply it instead of the applicator it comes with, simply because I find that it looks smoother.
I actually use a loose powder over it, because it seems to not look as matte as I would like it to. If you want to do this too I warn you, don't use a lot of powder. Also, don't use a lot of the foundation either, you don't need that much for full coverage.
I would definitely recommend this because it's great for covering imperfections, you don't even need a concealer with this.

on 7/18/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY loved this product a whole lot, but two weeks after I started using it my face broke out so terribly bad! It made me a sad panda because I liked to texture and the coverage, but I guess it just wasn't meant for me...

on 5/24/2011 1:25:00 PM

Seriously i love love love this foundation to the max.i never found such a perfect foundation such as this one.well yes,this is my first time ever using a cream foundation.so i dont really know how good is other brand cream foundation.
I read some reviews saying this foundation is 'too much',or cakey.well i tink it depends on how and how much u apply it to ur face.i use foundation brush and it worked perfectly,i do not recommend using the sponge tht comes together with it.
Normally after im all done swiping the foundation on my face,i blot my face with tissue,by doing tht,ull remove oil and shine and ur face will have this glowy look.
And it can work as a concealer as well.i dnt break out with this foundation