October 26, 2014 | 1491 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by thegirlcanthelpit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using drug store make up for years and almost all of them make my skin break out. I recently tried Revlon New Complexion and loved it. It still looked great after a 9 hour shift and did not leave that greasy feeling. This will definitely be my drugstore foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by NaomiOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm in LOVE with this. My only complaint is the color range. In winter I'm the first color, but its kinda weird on my skin. In summer, I'm in the shade 10. Still a little weird on my skin. Anyway, try it. It's worth 10.95.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by wolfiemistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I was curious as to how good it would work. It's actually fairly decent, but I would recommend using a makeup primer before you apply it. Also, I use makeup sponges to apply it instead of the applicator it comes with, simply because I find that it looks smoother.
I actually use a loose powder over it, because it seems to not look as matte as I would like it to. If you want to do this too I warn you, don't use a lot of powder. Also, don't use a lot of the foundation either, you don't need that much for full coverage.
I would definitely recommend this because it's great for covering imperfections, you don't even need a concealer with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pandabear4891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I REALLY loved this product a whole lot, but two weeks after I started using it my face broke out so terribly bad! It made me a sad panda because I liked to texture and the coverage, but I guess it just wasn't meant for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mariasofia

Seriously i love love love this foundation to the max.i never found such a perfect foundation such as this one.well yes,this is my first time ever using a cream foundation.so i dont really know how good is other brand cream foundation.
I read some reviews saying this foundation is 'too much',or cakey.well i tink it depends on how and how much u apply it to ur face.i use foundation brush and it worked perfectly,i do not recommend using the sponge tht comes together with it.
Normally after im all done swiping the foundation on my face,i blot my face with tissue,by doing tht,ull remove oil and shine and ur face will have this glowy look.
And it can work as a concealer as well.i dnt break out with this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jessikad81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For all of us ladies that love this compact so much, I recommend sending revlon a quick email telling them how much you love it and want to put a word in to "NOT DISCONTINUE," seems to me that it's heading that way and it's a huge bummer as I'm a believer with this foundation as I know many of you are. I've already put my email in! Go for it ladies, let's hope they don't get rid of it!!! I will be soooo sad!
Here's the link to send a quick email to revlon-

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by patsommer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely the best foundation I have ever used. It covers very well and makes my skin look smooth and soft. I don't think it ever looks too dewy, but sometimes I will add a little setting powder to my T-zone just in case. (I just ordered Bye Bye Pores by It Cosmetics for this purpose--the reviews on this product are fabulous). My skin is a medium, almost olive shade, and I use #2 (Peach), which matches perfectly to my surprise. I think the other reviewer is correct in saying that the lightest shade is not very light, and Revlon should probably add some more. The only downfall is that because it's a creme compact, it doesn't last long, so it can become quite expensive to use. But that hasn't stopped me from using it. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by halley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I wear it in Warm Beige, but unfortunately, the new complexion line seems to be disappearing..I believe it is being discontinued! Ugh! Started looking for a similar replacement but can't find one as great as this!!! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

<3 This compact!!! One step and you're done! My skin looks dewy and perfect in a matter of seconds. I'm all about stuff that is QUICK. It's about 10 dollars a pop (which can be a bit pricey considering if you use this every day you will probably have to buy a new one every week).

Easy to blend and feels good on the skin. Must buy!

Honestly my favorite foundation along w/ bare minerals. (Although they are completely different.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Niccibot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I rate this a 5 as "emergency makeup" and a low 3 as "everyday makeup".

First why it's a 5: If you have to rush out the door with hardly any time to get ready this will get you looking made up & perfect in less than a minute. Seriously I am horrible about running late & I have gone from makeupless to perfect complexion in less than a minute so it's a lifesaver for people like me. The coverage is excellent, light & creamy, covers under eye circles & big red zits with ease & looks natural with a light sheen that looks dewy not greasy. Blends really easily & doesn't feel heavy. It's become a must have item for my case.

Now why it's a 3: I would not recommend this as an everyday makeup for the following reasons: 1) It's expensive & you end up using a lot with the sponge. If I were to use this everyday I would probably have to replace it 3 times for every 1 time I replace my normal foundation. 2) There are not enough color options. Even the fairest shade is still just a bit too dark for me, I don't look like I'm wearing the wrong shade but I don't feel like it stands up to close scrutiny because it's just too warm to match my tone. 3) If you've got oily spots it slips. It's very easy to blend back to perfect but if you can't check your makeup throughout the day this is an issue. On a hot & humid day this is probably not the best choice.

Just a packaging gripe, I like to change my make up sponge often & I find the bottom compartment is impossible to fit my sponge rounds into & get it to close properly.

So, I think this is the perfect "I gotta look perfect fast" makeup but if you have the time to spare you will probably want to stick with your current fav foundation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No