February 1, 2015 | 1680 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the actual formula; it really controlls shine and keeps other makeup on. No, what ruined it for me was the irritating packaging. It was hard to get powder on the puff, was messy trying to do it.... packaging sucked...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by healthcrazy23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very good! It controls the shine amazingly and is non irritating. However I wish instead of the weird powder puff it was just loose and we could use a makeup blush brush thing. Other than the annoying packaging, the actual formula/product is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by choshinsei

There's a lot of product in there, but it does an okay job for being a setting powder. I use it on top of my Physician's Formula powder, as I'm trying to see if I can clear up all my pimples that were probably caused by Bare Minerals. But I don't think I would purchase again once I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Simply2Smile

I have combination skin so I needed something that would tone down any oiliness in my T zone. I spotted this and had high hopes for this product because I like the Shine Free Pressed Powder even to this day. Unfortunately, I've only used this twice ever since I bought it almost two years ago. Shortly after applying this (as in a few minutes), my skin started to peel! I thought it may have been caused by something else and I ignorantly used it the following day. Of course, my skin peeled yet again within the next 10 minutes. I'm sure that this is what caused that irritation because this was the only product I applied to my face that day. My skin isn't particularly sensitve to products and so I was extremely surprised. I don't even care if this truely does matify the face anymore, I wouldn't dare lay a finger on this powder again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been purchasing this product for a while now in medium. I will go back and forth from this to Netrogena loose powder. Although I'm not sure why I continue to purchase. I guess I'm just used to it and can't beat the price for the quanity. It's very weird. When it is brand new it works great. I have oily/dry skin. It appears to really reduce shine, however can tend to dry out around my nose and eyebrow area. (Then again I don't always apply moisturizer as I should.) But it doesn't last all day as advertized. After a few hours the shine is back and I need to reapply. Does not reapply very well. 2nd-3rd reapply it starts to appear orange on my skin. The pad wears out quick.

Although it helps reduce shine it does nothing for covering up blemishes. I'm really going to look for a new powder once this one runs out.

PS: The powder is missy, but I haven't came across a loose powder that wasn't somewhat messy so its forgiving. I keep the pad seperate from the actual container.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose I've been buying the wrong "oil control" make up for my face because this powder didn't really do anything for me. I did not like the packaging, it's very messy, the powder puff is very hard to grab, I guess it didn't work on me because i didn't use the powder puff it came with instead I used my own powder brush. Overall it's an okay product, it doesn't smell like anything, it only comes in like two shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite loose powder, and I have tried many! The ingredients list looked promising for my very oily skin, and I was not disappointed. I use either Light or Medium depending on my tan, but they are translucent I can really use either. This sets makeup beautifully (I use WetnWilds tinted moisturizer), smooths over my large pores, and helps keep oilies at bay. Never any cakey look with this powder, just an airbrushed finish! Packaging is kinda plain and ugly, but I still love what's inside!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by southernbelle130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this loose powder does the trick. i keep some at home and one in my purse. it's good at keeping my skin matte and shine free, like it says. it's great 'cause it's so cheap and you get about 20 grams of product, which should last a long time. i also like this stuff 'cause it doesn't clog my pores at all. i do have to admit, the packaging is kind of bulky and awkward, but i dont mind that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by alisha85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Have been using it every day for months. I've got the medium shade and it matches my skin perfectly. Use it over my tinted moisturiser at work during the day and over my good foundation for nights on the town. It's cheap and does the trick!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I got the medium shade because i was sure that it would match perfect and also the light looked waaayyy too light, so i got the med. and it was SO orange! it looked ridiculous like a just faked baked or something which was odd cuz the medium powder really dosnt look THAT tan. Its deceiving lol. So really there's nothing wrong w/ the powder itself just the color i got isn't for light to medium skin. i say if your way light get the light and if your pretty tan get the medium.