August 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been purchasing this product for a while now in medium. I will go back and forth from this to Netrogena loose powder. Although I'm not sure why I continue to purchase. I guess I'm just used to it and can't beat the price for the quanity. It's very weird. When it is brand new it works great. I have oily/dry skin. It appears to really reduce shine, however can tend to dry out around my nose and eyebrow area. (Then again I don't always apply moisturizer as I should.) But it doesn't last all day as advertized. After a few hours the shine is back and I need to reapply. Does not reapply very well. 2nd-3rd reapply it starts to appear orange on my skin. The pad wears out quick.

Although it helps reduce shine it does nothing for covering up blemishes. I'm really going to look for a new powder once this one runs out.

PS: The powder is missy, but I haven't came across a loose powder that wasn't somewhat messy so its forgiving. I keep the pad seperate from the actual container.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose I've been buying the wrong "oil control" make up for my face because this powder didn't really do anything for me. I did not like the packaging, it's very messy, the powder puff is very hard to grab, I guess it didn't work on me because i didn't use the powder puff it came with instead I used my own powder brush. Overall it's an okay product, it doesn't smell like anything, it only comes in like two shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite loose powder, and I have tried many! The ingredients list looked promising for my very oily skin, and I was not disappointed. I use either Light or Medium depending on my tan, but they are translucent I can really use either. This sets makeup beautifully (I use WetnWilds tinted moisturizer), smooths over my large pores, and helps keep oilies at bay. Never any cakey look with this powder, just an airbrushed finish! Packaging is kinda plain and ugly, but I still love what's inside!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by southernbelle130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this loose powder does the trick. i keep some at home and one in my purse. it's good at keeping my skin matte and shine free, like it says. it's great 'cause it's so cheap and you get about 20 grams of product, which should last a long time. i also like this stuff 'cause it doesn't clog my pores at all. i do have to admit, the packaging is kind of bulky and awkward, but i dont mind that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by alisha85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Have been using it every day for months. I've got the medium shade and it matches my skin perfectly. Use it over my tinted moisturiser at work during the day and over my good foundation for nights on the town. It's cheap and does the trick!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I got the medium shade because i was sure that it would match perfect and also the light looked waaayyy too light, so i got the med. and it was SO orange! it looked ridiculous like a just faked baked or something which was odd cuz the medium powder really dosnt look THAT tan. Its deceiving lol. So really there's nothing wrong w/ the powder itself just the color i got isn't for light to medium skin. i say if your way light get the light and if your pretty tan get the medium.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by JordysBeautySpot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For $30 i wouldn'd purchase this again. I picked it up quickly because i knew i needed i new finishing veil and it turned out it was $30. I was fine with it until i tried out the actual product and it was horrible. The packaging is so annoying because it has a sifter which makes everything so much messier than it has to be. I feel it leaves a white cast over my face even though i got the one in medium which is super dark and i don't have any dark skinned in me and only have NC25 skin. So i don't understand how it makes me skin appear lighter when the product is so much darker...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by andmx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product but I do prefer a different brand but this will do if it's all I have on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by yaddira209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this powder it gives me a matte finish and keeps the shine under control i hate the jar it comes with but it goes perfectly with Revlon color stay gives me flawless face and it last all day also u can take it any where it fits perfectly in your make up bag only thing i recommend is to buff the powder in with the sponge thingy it comes with than use a brush to even it around your face keeps the oil under control and controls smudging

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is actually a pretty good loose powder, especially for the amount you get for the price--it's a huge jar. The packaging is kind of cheap, so while it's perfectly functional you wouldn't be able to bring it with you everywhere. It has some glitter, but I don't notice any on my skin when I wear it, and it's also very translucent so it's not going to tint your skin. The reason I like it is because it sets my foundation just fine to make it last, but without appearing too powdery and obvious.