Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Love this loose powder. been using it for years. HG loose powder. I use this in light and it is the perfect shade. There is no shimmer or shine with this powder. Good for long wear. Keeps the foundation looking matte and wearable. i like how this shade is yellow based and gives my skin a more natural finish. I've tried powders from loreal, covergirl and rimmel but they were just too pink. This also glides on very smooth. I use the ecotools powder brush. It sets foundation well and last 4-6 hours. Its my HG. hope maybelline doesnt discontinue this. I always buy again, cause Maybelline always discontinues it if doesn't sell well. they discontinued the shine free pressed powder, but please do not discontinue the loose powder, i will go into a rage if they do.

Maybelline please DO NOT DISCONTINUE!!!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product works good!! It helps with shine. The con of this product is that it tends to get messy and the powder puff is flimsy. I use a makeup sponge instead. After I apply the loose powder, I use their shine free pressed powder. Then, I use a makeup brush to blend everything in. And the results are decent.

on 8/9/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the actual formula; it really controlls shine and keeps other makeup on. No, what ruined it for me was the irritating packaging. It was hard to get powder on the puff, was messy trying to do it.... packaging sucked...

This is very good! It controls the shine amazingly and is non irritating. However I wish instead of the weird powder puff it was just loose and we could use a makeup blush brush thing. Other than the annoying packaging, the actual formula/product is great.

on 6/25/2010 3:07:00 PM

There's a lot of product in there, but it does an okay job for being a setting powder. I use it on top of my Physician's Formula powder, as I'm trying to see if I can clear up all my pimples that were probably caused by Bare Minerals. But I don't think I would purchase again once I run out.

on 6/17/2010 11:43:00 PM

I have combination skin so I needed something that would tone down any oiliness in my T zone. I spotted this and had high hopes for this product because I like the Shine Free Pressed Powder even to this day. Unfortunately, I've only used this twice ever since I bought it almost two years ago. Shortly after applying this (as in a few minutes), my skin started to peel! I thought it may have been caused by something else and I ignorantly used it the following day. Of course, my skin peeled yet again within the next 10 minutes. I'm sure that this is what caused that irritation because this was the only product I applied to my face that day. My skin isn't particularly sensitve to products and so I was extremely surprised. I don't even care if this truely does matify the face anymore, I wouldn't dare lay a finger on this powder again!

on 5/31/2010 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been purchasing this product for a while now in medium. I will go back and forth from this to Netrogena loose powder. Although I'm not sure why I continue to purchase. I guess I'm just used to it and can't beat the price for the quanity. It's very weird. When it is brand new it works great. I have oily/dry skin. It appears to really reduce shine, however can tend to dry out around my nose and eyebrow area. (Then again I don't always apply moisturizer as I should.) But it doesn't last all day as advertized. After a few hours the shine is back and I need to reapply. Does not reapply very well. 2nd-3rd reapply it starts to appear orange on my skin. The pad wears out quick.

Although it helps reduce shine it does nothing for covering up blemishes. I'm really going to look for a new powder once this one runs out.

PS: The powder is missy, but I haven't came across a loose powder that wasn't somewhat messy so its forgiving. I keep the pad seperate from the actual container.

on 5/25/2010 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I suppose I've been buying the wrong "oil control" make up for my face because this powder didn't really do anything for me. I did not like the packaging, it's very messy, the powder puff is very hard to grab, I guess it didn't work on me because i didn't use the powder puff it came with instead I used my own powder brush. Overall it's an okay product, it doesn't smell like anything, it only comes in like two shades.

on 5/23/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my favorite loose powder, and I have tried many! The ingredients list looked promising for my very oily skin, and I was not disappointed. I use either Light or Medium depending on my tan, but they are translucent I can really use either. This sets makeup beautifully (I use WetnWilds tinted moisturizer), smooths over my large pores, and helps keep oilies at bay. Never any cakey look with this powder, just an airbrushed finish! Packaging is kinda plain and ugly, but I still love what's inside!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this loose powder does the trick. i keep some at home and one in my purse. it's good at keeping my skin matte and shine free, like it says. it's great 'cause it's so cheap and you get about 20 grams of product, which should last a long time. i also like this stuff 'cause it doesn't clog my pores at all. i do have to admit, the packaging is kind of bulky and awkward, but i dont mind that much.

Recommended for Normal Skin