MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My new favorite eyeshadow for a bronzy look. I love this damn color! It's so pretty for spring/ summer especially with all these new bright lippies taking over this is perfect to keep the eye natural but helping it too stand out on its own at the same time without looking like to much. Im nc45 mix with nc 50 and i wear this as a lid color with nothing else or with texture in the crease blended out with my 224 lightly and this makes beautiful smokey eyes and some blacktrack to line my eyes with lots of mascara and it's just so seductive. Mulch doesn't create a harsh look that some browns can, thats why i do this as a lid color mainly and even for those days i want to keep it
soft, this on my lid packed on with my 239 with some mascara, with coppertone blush and some viva glam v lip gloss and I'm good to go! Pls try this if you haven't. Highly recommended.

The name 'Mulch' leaves a lot to be desired, which is a shame as this eyeshadow is incredible. I use this most days in my crease to create some subtle shading and also when I'm going out to create a gorgeous smoky eye. It really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is gorgeous on brown or hazel eyes. Its shimmery, nicley pigmented and a little goes a long way. I use it as a liner atop my lash line then blend out. Beautiful. I agree with one of the reviewers as far as the name, it does indeed leave something to be desired.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mulch is a nice shimmery soft brown, great for crease. pigmentation is good and texture is smooth. it's easy to apply and blend, making it very workable. the color is nothing fabulous though, just a basic shimmry brown.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

NO NO NO! I realize I'm in the minority here, but this is the one and only MAC eyeshadow that I absolutely HATE! I guess I should preface this by saying that I literally put my makeup through the wringer and put a premium on staying power. Having said that, one day after becoming quite upset and crying, I looked like I had been beaten up! It was as if the beautiful pigment of the eyeshadow had washed away and I was left with this muddy looking residue on my face. Surprising as I've never had this happen with any of my other MAC eyeshadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mulch is a BEAUTIFUL crease color. It lasts forever on my super oily lids (probably because it's already in the crease area...) and the shadow is extremely pigmented. Color payoff is great on its own, even with just one swipe and no primer. I usually pair it with my Urban Decay Half Baked Eyeshadow, and together, they look amazing on my brown eyes. I would definitely buy this again. And again. And again. :)

One of my favourites from MAC. A beautiful crease colour that works with any look!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite Mac eyeshadows. It goes on really nice and a little goes a long way. It is also very easy to apply.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

4.5 rating if I could because I have to pack it on to get the deepness I want for a smokey eye. I had been using MAC shadestick in Gentle Lentil to create a smokey bronze look and a MAC artist recommended Mulch as the powder dupe. For a smokey daytime look, I wear this on the lid, Tempting in the crease (sometimes BB Bronze in the crease for more deep richness) and Shroom as a highlight with black/brown liner. Gorgeous! I'm fair-medium Asian with yellow undertones and dk brown eyes.

This is a gorgeous unique brown, a veluxe pearl which means just the right amount of luster. I have been using this shade on a regular basis to create different eye looks for over 2 years, and I'm not sick of it yet. I'm sure by the other reviews (and the amount of reviews) it is obvious to see how wonderful this is. You won't be disappointed if you add this to your stash.

Top Rated MAC Products