Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 5/12/2014 10:38:00 PM

Got this as a sample, or I never would have tried it. Read the ingredients list. It's water and nitrogen. And the nitrogen is to make it work in an aerosol can, not a part of the actual product. I can make gallons of this product for pennies with a Brita filter and a small bottle with a sprayer from the dollar store.

It "soothes" skin because of the temperature, not the "product". The fine mist and the force of the spray means that, by the time it hits your skin, the temperature of the water is cooler than your skin, which is why it feels "refreshing" and helps with redness. I can see where this *might* have some effect for those who live in areas with hard water, or where there's a lot of calcium, salt or other gunk in their tap water by making the skin "moist" (read: wet) without all the crap that's normally in their water. Do yourself a favour and get an inexpensive filter pitcher. Costs about the same as a bottle of this junk and will last for months.

Again, cheap bottle with a fine mist + filtered or bottled water is what this is. Hat goes off to Avene for managing to get people to pay a several thousand percent markup on water. The placebo effect at it's finest.

on 4/29/2014 10:35:00 AM

Amazingly, I feel this works! I was skeptical of water in a can but it's very soothing, helps redness and is moisturising.
It's a little on the expensive side but it lasts a long time and is effective, so worth it in my humble opinion.
I use it before moisturiser, after moisturising, and after applying face makeup but before applying mascara. It definitely leaves my skin feeling less tight than it usually does.

on 4/24/2014 12:34:00 PM

I onlu used this for two days but the results were so great I had to write a review. I have super hypersensitive skin that reacts to everything including cerave cleanser. I got this in hopes of calming my skin and calm down it did... I used it brfore I put my moisturizer on and after and my redness that I had for years has subsided by 70%. My skin feels super hydrated and overall it looks healthy!!! Definite HG. Cannot live without this item!!

on 4/20/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I paid 10 euros for the bottle which included a little bottle on the side for promotion.
So far I'm really happy with it. I was also skeptical at first but having used it recently on a road trip it's won me over. I am not sure if you are allowed to take it on the airplane but would definitely give it a go!

on 4/19/2014 5:20:00 PM

This really does soothe irritation and redness and helps with a variety of problems. I used this water to recover from laser, to quell itchy skin, and to reduce razor burn in my armpits. This is a great tool to keep in your arsenal.

on 4/14/2014 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! It's my second bottle. I used to be sceptical about water in a bottle, it turns out it is a miracle water ❤️ I use it for hydration, before and after I apply make up. I use it in the office. I got compliment for my facialist, she told me that my face look radiant and moist after I use this. But my love begins when I got huge erythema or redness around my cheek, it is soo itchy and hurt so I stop all the cream I'm only use this. I sprayed it on my face for several time at night, and in the morning it's gone. I use to buy evian but it does nothing for me. right now I'm using Avene and it's safe to say that it's a holy grail product for me ❤️

on 4/10/2014 4:00:00 PM

I bought this for a specific reason: when I am having my special days my skin feels extremely dehydrated and sensitive and it gets very itchy. I can't believe how this calmed it down from the first time I used it. I have received comments on how my skin looks bright and lovely and it's all because of this thermal water! It was love at first spray!

on 4/9/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Adore this product, my mother bought this for me as I have sensitive and blemish prone skin.
It is so moisturising, my skin is definitely healthier and looking calm and nourished. Will be buying this again when it runs out. Oh and it lasts ages :)

on 3/11/2014 12:03:00 AM

I used to have my doubts on this product, dismissing it just another water spray. However, recently I had a bad bout of adult acne and begun to experience sudden rashes and hyperpigmentation, with angry red patches on my skin. I'll just spray the thermal water generously on my face and repeat a couple of times at intervals and the red patches will magically disappear! Also great for a bit of wake-me-up in the morning for the makeup-less days. I also use it after I put on my makeup.

Packaging-wise, I love that it comes in a small bottle which is great for travelling!

on 2/27/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like Avene's products and I use a lot of them. I do like this Thermal Water. It does refresh and relieve dryness so well especially when I stay in hotels. If my skin could speak, then it would be like "ahhh...yeah" after I spray this to my face after cleansing. Having said that I'm not quite sure how to use this to "set makeup" like many reviewers have suggested. I tried and my makeup looked like a mess. Moreoever, it just doesn't make sense to me to spray water to newly, perfectly applied makeup. This is mineral water and doesn't contain any ingredients or chemicals that will "set makeup".....?? Anyways, I do like this product and I will use it if my skin is cracked; however for now I cannot put this product in good use in my current skincare regime since I have found a very good, very mild cleansing routine.

Popular Face Skincare Products