July 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by teruterugong

Yes it's pretty expensive when you consider the fact that it's basically just water. BUT there's something magical inside (I'm NOT kidding). For some unexplained reason my face started getting kinda red, puffy, and scratchy while on vacation in Macau. I must've been allergic to something, although I have no idea what since I thought I wasn't allergic to anything :(. Thankfully my aunt --who is a religious user of Avene products-- had this with her. I sprayed my face with it and it IMMEDIATELY relieved the awful itchy feeling. After I blotted the water off with a puff and applied Avene's skin recovery cream I spent the rest of the night in bliss. My face was still kinda red and puffy the next day. It took about three days of day and night usage but my skin was back to normal if not brighter looking than before. When I got home I bought both the thermal water and recovery cream immediately. I highly recommend this product for anyone with skin problems!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on good reviews and I wasn't disappointed - I love it!

I bought this during a rare British summer heatwave when my skin was having it's usual monthly freakout. We're talking oily and dry with pimples, blackheads and flaky patches.

I liberally sprayed this all over my face post-cleansing, and let it sit for a while before blotting my skin with a cotton disk. It didn't transform the look of my skin there and then, but it felt AMAZING and the next day my redness had greatly reduced and the texture of my skin was looking better. In just 3 days my breakout had almost gone.

Fast-forward a few days and I get sunburn on my back. One spray with this magic water and the next morning it's almost gone.

Just buy a bottle and try it. It's really, really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I'm writing a review for canned water. After all, I think bottled water is a marketing rip-off and I drink Los Angeles tap water filtered through my refrigerator. Nevertheless, my skin loves this stuff, and a light spray after I've applied my daily shellac makes my skin look airbrushed. There's some element in this Avene water that's not present in tap water. Don't know what it is and don't know why, but I'm going to keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is a guilty pleasure of mine - it's difficult for me to justify buying a freaking expensive spray can of water but I love using it after cleansing my face as a toner

However my FAVOURITE use for this product is to set my makeup! I hate the thought of having cakey looking makeup and so I use this product as the last step in my routine (not a heavy makeup wearer though)

- moisturizer
- BB cream
- concealer
- blush
- mascara
- a FINE MISTING of thermal water!!

After that my face looks dewy and the makeup kind of 'settles in' and I don't have pancake face.
Also I love that it comes in different sizes so perfect for travelling....nothing beats getting off the plane and having some of this stashed in your carry-on, you will feel crazy rejuvenated after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Suzie1717

I have been using the thermal water for a few years now and have occasionally switched to other brands but always came back to this one. The Avene thermal spring water is really soothing and calms down the redness on my face. After spraying it on, I let it soak in for half a minute before gently patting. It doesn't irritate my eczema at all and instead makes my skin feel bouncy and glowy.

I spritz it on after I wash my face in the AM and PM and also after working out for a refreshing feel! While I was in Asia, I bought a pack of facial sheet masks that was designed for the Avene thermal water and used it whenever I was out in the sun for more than I should have ( I'm on Retin-A Micro and shouldn't really be exposed to the sun) and after I peel off the mask my face would be completely calmed down with absolutely no redness where the mask was on my face! My face always feels extremely bouncy and supple after using it this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by AireApparent

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Forget it being a Mineral Water -- it's more like a MIRACLE Water! The Avene skincare line has totally transformed my complexion. I went from dull and uneven to translucent and glowing in one short month. I have had strangers tell me they thought I was 35 -- I'm 58! Honestly. I have tried just about every product out there, from Creme de la Mer and La Prairie to Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown and NOTHING can compare to Avene.

I think one of the key points is that I totally quit using tap water on my face and neck. I only use the Thermal Mineral Water. I spray all over, then apply the Extremely Gentle No Rinse Cleansing Lotion. But I prefer to spray again with the Avene Water and remove all residue with a cotton pad. Then I do a light spray and pat lightly to absorb.

In the morning, after cleansing, I apply a light layer of the Soothing Water Serum, followed by Hydrance Optimale Rich SPF 25 Hydrating Cream. At night, I use Serenage Serum and Serenage Nutri-redensifying Night Cream. To treat my previously troublesome neck area, I add a light layer of Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream for good measure.

I only have one question: Avene, where have you been my whole life?

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this a week ago and my skin looks more refreshed and hydrated. I spray this frequently when I am just sitting around in my room. It makes my skin more supple and helps calm my eczema. It doesn't irritate it at all. It is soothing. I will buy the smaller one so I can carry it around to refresh my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

My right hand was noticeably soft after spraying the Avene Thermal Spring Waters, while my unsprayed left hand was squeaky and leather-like which led me to a conclusion that Avene Thermal Spring Water is not a waste of money after all and delivers all that its distributors claim. So i decided it would perfectly treat my face well and better than chemically derived harsh products. It has been humid and hot, i got some breakouts here and there that tap water only seems to dry out more. I did my Manuka UMF15 Honey Facial Mask and finished off with the Avene thermal spray and my skin wonderfully cleared up in as little as 2 days where as prior to that i was dealing with this unwanted breakouts for five days. I got more than a couple back up bottles. Yes its that good! Feel free to visit by http://www.vividsavvy.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My derm recommended this to me because I was on Roccutane and had dry, red flaky skin. now my skin has recovered and is combination, but i still use this regularly, 2 x a day. Once after a shower and once before my makeup. This helps to sooth the skin and is great when you are having red spots. Get the largest bottles for good value. I have also tried LRP and Vichy sprays but I prefer the fine mist of Avene. I think it spreads out better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I've been getting into French beauty products lately, purely because a lot of them come in sleek packaging and often cater for dry and senstive skin, which is what I have. I wasn't 100% sure what exactly Avene Thermal Spring water was going to do for me, but it was on offer so I decided to try it. Firstly, I love the fact it comes in a can, it is convenient to store, use and makes it more refreshing when you spray it on the face. It reminded me a little bit of Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic, which I also love. What this product seems to do is act as a little bit of an uplift for dry, irritated or sensitive skin. I like to use it right after I have washed my face, just before applying a moisturiser. It seems to make my skin less tight and was good on the sensitive skin around my eyes, because they become a little bit irritated around the time I remove my eye make up. I also love how multi-purpose the product is, you can use it all over the body for anything like sunburn, razor burn, to cool down, rashes, facial redness, irritations, pretty much anywhere you would need it. The reason I would only give this product a three is because it is basically an expensive water. Whilst it definitely benefits sensitive skin sufferers it doesn't get rid of dry skin areas, it hasn't got any anti-aging or toning properties as far as I am aware, it really doesn't do much other than calm irritation. However, having said that, I would still buy it again as it is very refreshing for the skin.