April 18, 2014 | 1577 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a fun, sweet perfume to wear during the day. This smelled great on paper, with an anise-rootbeer note and some synthetic but still good-smelling fruits and flowers. The anise lasted well through the drydown, which kept it from getting too sickly sweet, with a clean woody base. On my skin though, the top notes disappeared in about 10 minutes, leaving just a mild fruity patchouli base that was a little too sour on my skin. Adorable bottle, and I usually couldn't care less about bottles.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so ready to fall in love with this perfume having read all of its raving reviews. I tried it on during two occasions at the mall, giving it a chance to develop for three hours or so. During the entirety of the test periods, it was just cloyingly, sickenly sweet on me! The spiciness added a nice edge but only seemed to augment the overwhelming effect of the sweetness. The perfume simply did not suit me and my body chemistry :( The pillage was quite weak as well--I could still smell the test of Hanae Mori on my right wrist at the end of the day, whereas Lolita Lempicka seemed to have dissipated within two hours of shopping.

The bottle is absolutely beautiful, though. Also, the scent is definitely unique, but given its popularity I wouldn't trust keeping it as a signature scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

gorgeous bottle, very fairytale I LOVE the scent of this, immediate burst of anise, followed by slightly powdery violet which lasts well into the dry down with a hint of vanilla musk. Long lasting, could smell this the day after! However more than one spritz gives me a headache, so i spray my wrists then rub my neck. It's up there as one of my favourites. I love how it's not as readily available so i don't know anyone who uses this !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Recieved this in a swap. Thank goodness I didnt pay for it. Yuck. This is like a gourmand fragrance gone rancid. The Licorice and Anis are way to prominent. Spicy but not in a good way. Its a very complicated scent that just doesnt agree with my skin. Definitly wont be going out to buy a bottle. Would like to swap the one I have.

*Edit* Im changing it to a 4 because I have become oddly obsessed with this. It has grown on me and now I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down my all time favorite perfume, but I wish I could change the perfume dispenser since it isn't very good. The packaging is really beautiful and the scent is perfect for a night out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thepinkhedgehog

I really wanted to love this as the bottle is adorable and it's quite reasonably priced, plus not the most common scent but it is horrible. The dry down is ok but spraying it gave me a terrible headache and it's really sickly sweet. One spray and I gave it away. Personally I like florals and floriental scents, this was far too sickly for me but would suit Anna Sui/Britney fans

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend loved this and for some reason I loved it in the store. I just tried it again. however, and something just isn't right. It smells of like.... musky baby powder. That's the best way to describe it. My husband thought it was okay but something about it just did not agree on my skin, I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kaiousei

This fragrance has the most gorgeous bottle and the best thing is it sprays from the stem of the apple! Very cute :D
The scent is gorgeous. It has a kind of strong initial scent that is a little spicy, but dries down to a lovely musk with a more sensual vanilla.
It lasts a long time and lingers vanilla, so when you're in the mood to smell a little warm yet fresh, this is definitely the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by recklessrei

I love this perfume but I don't use it much.

It's incredibly complex with a basket of spicey-musky smells (notes include liquorice, anise, vanilla and violet). Very recognisable and will get noticed and complimented. A few people really dislike the anise notes but that's just personal preference.

The packaging feels a bit cheap, the actual bottle is quite nice but the stick nozzle is not user friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lolita Lempicka is definitely sweet. But unlike many other perfumes, the sweetness here isn't foodie nor floral and I don't find it to be a necessarily girlish scent.

As so many others have mentioned, the licorice/anise note is very prominent here. But don't think candy licorice, rather it's the star anise straight out of the spice cabinet - spicy (in a peppery way), musty, and with a peculiar sharpness. The heavy ivy note in the beginning also adds a rather intense (imo) greenness. There is a sweetness to the beginning as well but it's obviously separate from the ivy and licorice. It's as if someone put a bowl of sugared water beside the anise and the ivy and then you took a deep inhale..... Separate, but together. I find the overall result is a somewhat medicinal (but not necessarily in a bad way) opening; perhaps a bit too sharply green for my own personal taste but still nice enough.

The middle is where the ivy fades a great deal and seems to be replaced by a woodiness. It's still quite green but the vanilla starts to creep out and the sweetness from the vanilla seems to mix in with the other notes and the sugar tempers the sharpness a bit. The spicyness of the opening licorice remains and combines very well with the sweet. The notes also get a bit more powdery but not intensely so. Personally I'm not very fond of powdery scents but Lolita doesn't get bad enough that I find it unappealing.

The greenness is mostly completely gone in the base. I find the base to be the sweetest part of the entire fragrance. The powderiness from earlier fades a great deal and the scent warms quite a bit and loses the forest-y part of it from earlier. Lolita becomes quite honey-like with bits of spicy chocolate/vanilla and there are the barest, barest hints to something else (licorice, greens). For those of you who don't really like sweet scents though, it's still alright, the base I find to be very very faint and fleeting. You have to concentrate to smell it. The musk does peek out a bit as well, but less so on my skin (on clothes though, it's a different story - the muskiness and peppery aspects are much more prominent and it's much more unisex/mens aftershave kind of scent). The base isn't exactly as warm and inviting as I would like, but then, Lolita's not really a "comforting" fragrance so it makes sense.

Longevity is decent, about 8ish hours or so. And as so many others have said, the bottle's beautifully adorable. I haven't had any issues with the spray top yet but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see exactly where you've got the opening nozzle turned if you're not paying attention.

Overall, a decent frag. I like it, but it can get a bit sharp for me at times - it might rate a bit higher if the vanilla notes came out more for me and the ivy was toned down just a little-little bit. I find the advertisements to be a fair representation of the perfume - all dark greens and woods but with a sweet dryad at the heart of it all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No