July 31, 2014 | 1320 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is my favourite perfume for Fall/Winter. It was a nice change from my usual sweet, fruity scents. This one comes off as woodsy but still feminine. I don't really small the licorice in it (which is a good thing since I don't like it) but I can definitely smell the floral notes and musk. This is not going to come off the same on everyone, but for me it was a winner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much. I love woody oriental type frangrances but this scent was a no go. On first spray I get a strong hit of fruit and ivy. After a little while I smelled my wrist and I still get the fruit but also a strong musk. It almost smells like I had two different scents on my wrist, it's a little schizophrenic. The final dry down is a wonderful anise, tonka bean and musk scent. If the first spray smelled like the final dry down, I would totally love this. But it's not worth the hour or two it takes to get to it. The bottle is wonderful though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my lord. My mother and I had heard a lot about the complex licorice, vanilla, green ivy and violet notes and sought it out to try. We sprayed it on both our wrists and waited a few minutes, both sniffed and and our eyes met. What? I said, Do you smell what I smell? She said that can't be synthetic rubber and some sort of chemical smell? And I said is it SPERMIDAL CONDOMS?? YES! She cried, thats it, how disgusting! So thats what the advertising meant when it called this the "My First Time Fragrance"! It seems to be a simple 2-note perfume, first the "condom accord" then dries down to a sour peppery musk. No sweetness, no green notes or licorice ect. Just spermicidal condoms and cheap old musk. Didn't last long it faded quickly thank god. To sum up, I'd rather smell like a wet dog or a piece of cheese than this. Fragrances REALLY seem to be a matter of opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Im not sure yet!!! like I wanted to love it because all of the reviews , and if I read through the notes in this one I would be completely and utterly in love with it However it doesn t transferr dthose scents into my skin I really wished to love it !!

this itīs what is smells to me:

at first it is like very green, grassy ... then slowly it turns into rotting wet leaves. very very musky and then BAM ... like dirt! yeah that it is what I smell !!! soil or wet dirt, when you hold wet dirt in your hand that is precisely what I get..... then slowly I can smell a bit of vanilla somewhere??? no licorice on me NOTHING... very very musky again a bit of dirt , in the end I can smell the powdery dry down with some more dirt, not precisely sweet as others mention, I plainly get powder, musk and dirt..... If I could describe it better it smells ike the sweater you put inside your drawer for over a year and then you pull out and has that very peculiar scent of old clothing??? I really want to like it I will wear it and see if I get complimented in any way..... I so unhappy now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Unique and beautiful. I am really turned off by overly sweet (singers turned perfumers) scents. This is so not one of those. It is more complex and mature.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I never would have guessed that I would take a liking to a licorice based scent, but this proved me wrong. The tonka, ivy, licorice and vanilla are the most stand out notes. I love the woodsy feel. I would say this is the "wood nymph" of my fragrance collection. A wonderful fall & winter scent. The licorice note is very provocative. Love how sexy this makes me feel. Very vampish. Not one for the PTO meetings thats for sure!

"Lolita Lempicka fragrance is based on licorice. Beautiful anise note is a perfect match to licorice and violet. The intensive green ivy note is fresh and optimistic. The almond is in harmony with woodsy iris and sweet vanilla, united with heliotrope and Tonka"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a fun, sweet perfume to wear during the day. This smelled great on paper, with an anise-rootbeer note and some synthetic but still good-smelling fruits and flowers. The anise lasted well through the drydown, which kept it from getting too sickly sweet, with a clean woody base. On my skin though, the top notes disappeared in about 10 minutes, leaving just a mild fruity patchouli base that was a little too sour on my skin. Adorable bottle, and I usually couldn't care less about bottles.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so ready to fall in love with this perfume having read all of its raving reviews. I tried it on during two occasions at the mall, giving it a chance to develop for three hours or so. During the entirety of the test periods, it was just cloyingly, sickenly sweet on me! The spiciness added a nice edge but only seemed to augment the overwhelming effect of the sweetness. The perfume simply did not suit me and my body chemistry :( The pillage was quite weak as well--I could still smell the test of Hanae Mori on my right wrist at the end of the day, whereas Lolita Lempicka seemed to have dissipated within two hours of shopping.

The bottle is absolutely beautiful, though. Also, the scent is definitely unique, but given its popularity I wouldn't trust keeping it as a signature scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

gorgeous bottle, very fairytale I LOVE the scent of this, immediate burst of anise, followed by slightly powdery violet which lasts well into the dry down with a hint of vanilla musk. Long lasting, could smell this the day after! However more than one spritz gives me a headache, so i spray my wrists then rub my neck. It's up there as one of my favourites. I love how it's not as readily available so i don't know anyone who uses this !