Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl, Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT Violet (CI 60730)

on 2/25/2013 7:42:00 PM

The name of the product is misleading, as it's not actually a lotion, but a toner. That being said, for me, it's great. Yes, it's a little drying, but most toners are to some degree, and I find this to be far less so than others I've used. This stuff must have some serious cleaning power. I use a wipe to take off most of my makeup at night, use a mild exfoliator, then a cleanser, then this toner followed by moisturizer. Even after the wipe, exfoliation and cleansing, when using this on a white cottonball all over my face, it still comes away with a little bit of dirt that has managed to cling on.

Recently I had a small breakout beginning on my forehead, but a couple days of using this toned it right down and now, a couple more days later, it's almost completely gone.

The only thing this lost points for is the price. Like all Clinique products, it's a little pricey. If I find this on sale, I would definitely buy it again.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Irritated skin, caused breakouts & red blotches, never again.

jeepers creepers
how does this product sell and for what purpose? its just ghastly.

Oh clever clever Clinique-

By using the 'labcoat' approach you have convinced people to apply something that smells like paint thinner on their faces.
Their skin will become unbalanced, irritated and dehydrated and they will feel compelled to buy other Clinique products to rectify the skin imbalances.

gawd awful product. steer clear. the worst of the worst.

if you must use it - keep your matches and lighters far away or have a fire extinguisher at hand.

on 2/13/2013 10:28:00 AM

I don't get why people gave negative reviews on this one! This is my all time favorite toner hands down. First of all, I don't use this in the morning since it's not necessary for me. Although it is drying a little, this will definitely eliminate the makeup residues from your pores thoroughly if you use this at night after cleansing your face in the bathroom. I found myself coming back to this toner after exploring all the different kinds out there. I personally believe toner is used to get rid of all the excess makeup that the regular cleansers couldn't clean out. If you're looking for a moisturizing toner, then why do you use toner in the first place? Toners are generally drying a little to different extents. Use moisturizer to lock in moisture, not toner.

on 2/5/2013 12:08:00 AM

I do have to agree with most people on this that if you do have very sensitive skin i would not put this near your face because of the alcohol level and witch hazel in it. Yet i found i took a liking to this product after a couple uses because it cleared p all the gunk on my face that my cleanser left behind. I use is maybe 2-3 times a week once a day once a week on my whole face and twice on my t-zone i just loved how it quickly it cleared p my blackheads and he odd breakout just dab some on a cotton ball dab on the area and then used a mild moisturizer and my skin has never looked or felt better. Theres lots of good and bad reviews of this product, i dnt think id buy this again it is a bit pricey but if you use it on rare occasion a little goes a long way and will last a lot longer

on 1/28/2013 6:35:00 AM

I had a horrendous experience with Clinique products, considering that their toners would NOT balance out my combination skin, and would rather flare up my already flared up dry patches. The smell was horrendous, and it was interesting and rather disheartening to read on the back of the bottle that it is, indeed, flammable. Considering that liquids are generally flammable at 40% alcohol, you'll see why this toner is a definite no go. Why anyone would put this on their face is beyond me.

My sister uses hers as nail polish remover, let that sink in for a second.

on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 AM

I don't generally write reviews but this one definitely deserves one.. in a bad way. I got a sample of this in my Topbox and I finally got around to trying it out. First of all, it says its for dry combination skin which is absolutely what I have (esp with the dry Canadian weather at the moment). I honestly thought it would be similar to my Shiseido pureness toner but... it absolutely was not. It seriously stung my face, my face felt like it was on fire. I then looked at the label and it says "flammable", that leads me to believe that it must contain some alcohol in it. Why in the world would you put alcohol in a skin product for dry skin? That doesn't make any sense to me. I probably wouldn't buy it and my skin is a bit happier now that I have my night cream on.

on 1/26/2013 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received a sample of this through topbox. I have dry, sensitive skin. I was willing to try it as I sometimes get oily on my nose.

The smell combined with the large FLAMMABLE warning was worrying. I only used this on my nose, and it BURNS. I haven't actually had a bad reaction or breakouts, so I'm willing to get through the bottle. I don't want to use this anywhere else on my face though.

on 1/11/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Why don't you just use battery acid on your face If your willing to use this...???This product I'd too aggressive and harsh on the skin. This or any of the other Clarifying Toners is definitely not for sensitive skin of any kind. They claim it exfoliates the skin, well that's definitely the truth. It's basically a freakin chemical peel. It's annoying when people say I use Clinique because its hypo allergenic. I've got news for you sister, most brands are and all are dermatologist tested. Hypo Allergenic doesn't mean your skin will not react to it, it actually means that is is made in a facility free of dust and bacteria. It's just a great marketing tool.

on 12/28/2012 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am really a Clinique Type 3, but I use this some in winter. It works as well as the #3 Lotion in dry weather. My skin doesn't react to it in any negative way. It does tingle when you put it on, but that tells you it's working. Once the humidity gets high again I go back to Clarifying Lotion #3.