Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 AM

I don't generally write reviews but this one definitely deserves one.. in a bad way. I got a sample of this in my Topbox and I finally got around to trying it out. First of all, it says its for dry combination skin which is absolutely what I have (esp with the dry Canadian weather at the moment). I honestly thought it would be similar to my Shiseido pureness toner but... it absolutely was not. It seriously stung my face, my face felt like it was on fire. I then looked at the label and it says "flammable", that leads me to believe that it must contain some alcohol in it. Why in the world would you put alcohol in a skin product for dry skin? That doesn't make any sense to me. I probably wouldn't buy it and my skin is a bit happier now that I have my night cream on.

on 1/26/2013 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received a sample of this through topbox. I have dry, sensitive skin. I was willing to try it as I sometimes get oily on my nose.

The smell combined with the large FLAMMABLE warning was worrying. I only used this on my nose, and it BURNS. I haven't actually had a bad reaction or breakouts, so I'm willing to get through the bottle. I don't want to use this anywhere else on my face though.

on 1/11/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Why don't you just use battery acid on your face If your willing to use this...???This product I'd too aggressive and harsh on the skin. This or any of the other Clarifying Toners is definitely not for sensitive skin of any kind. They claim it exfoliates the skin, well that's definitely the truth. It's basically a freakin chemical peel. It's annoying when people say I use Clinique because its hypo allergenic. I've got news for you sister, most brands are and all are dermatologist tested. Hypo Allergenic doesn't mean your skin will not react to it, it actually means that is is made in a facility free of dust and bacteria. It's just a great marketing tool.

on 12/28/2012 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am really a Clinique Type 3, but I use this some in winter. It works as well as the #3 Lotion in dry weather. My skin doesn't react to it in any negative way. It does tingle when you put it on, but that tells you it's working. Once the humidity gets high again I go back to Clarifying Lotion #3.

on 12/27/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used this toner for years!
I had combination skin when I was younger which was acne prone, and even though alcohol dries out the skin and inflames the spots, I found this was great keeping the oil and sebum at bay.
Now that I am a little older and my skin is more normal than combination, I still love to use this. I love seeing the product pick up all the dirt and residue on the cotton ball. It's very refreshing.
I only use this in the evening though, never twice a day, concentrating on the T zones only.
If this product is too drying for you, try using it only once daily after the day has ended. Using it in your morning routine may strip all the oil your skin naturally produces and dry out the skin too much. I will definitely use this product for years to come.

on 12/20/2012 4:47:00 PM

I've been using this for years, along with the clinque mild cleanser and DDMG. This toner is unbelievably refreshing, soothing, and gets rid of any makeup, oil, or dirt left behind that your cleanser didn't get. It leaves a very tingly, clean feeling. I feel like it brings my skin back to neutral, back to comfort when I have a breakout (dry patches, acne, etc), it works on any and all problems I have. It is NOT excessively harsh as many people like to claim. I have some of the most sensitive, picky, easily-irritated skin, and this works great for me. When i stop using it, my skin freaks out ! I'll never stop using this.

on 12/8/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this toner! Clinique products are amazing are they are the only thing that dosent make me break out. after i wash my face, i apply this toner and it cleans the areas that my cleanser didn't reach. My pores feels really clean and therefore it prevents blemishes. Only downside to this is that it contains alcohol & its quite pricey but if it works then i'm willing to pay! definetly recommend!

on 12/1/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It has a lot of irritating ingredients in it. It is very harsh on one's skin. As, every time I used it, it would provide a lot of stinging to my skin.

Please do not use this stuff! As it is totally not worth it.

on 11/16/2012 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I started out with the 3-step, I was advised to use it twice a day. But in the last year I noticed that I was breaking out regularly, despite my routine, and it was actually worse the more I tried to remedy it.
I realised - I was breaking out due to over cleansing. Now I only use this lotion once a day, in the evening. My skin's never been better.

on 11/16/2012 7:37:00 AM

I will not go without this product. I don't use this everyday(I did for a while but it's a bit too harsh for me),but if I get pimple or whiteheads, I would soak a cotton pad and use this as a mini mask, just on the affected area. also, if I just cleared some blackheads and clogged pores, I would use this to soak as well. I think this helps to reduce inflammation and tightens the pore and clears away any micro remaining gunks out of them, so that those things won't come back.

I always get the biggest bottle and if they have the bottle with the pump, I would get that. if you love these clarifying lotions, you really should get the pump bottle. it makes your life so much easier.