July 30, 2014 | 1802 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by citywalks

Worrying to see people refer to this as a toner, as it is an exfoliater. Keeps my skin looking radiant and smoother. Good work

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by antisheep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

After three years using this product on and off I think I have to finally bite the bullet and admit it... this is THE make or break part of my skincare routine.

I really didn't want it to be because I have had very limited success with other aspects of Clinique and because I wanted to be able to drop a step from my skincare... but alas, it's not to be.

I have mostly dry/normal skin so when I went to the clinique counter years ago and they recommended I take something that smelt like this and put it on my face I considered getting their head checked, however it's amazing. Out of the clinique three step for me this is the only part that can't be duped elsewhere!

Within minutes of using this my skin looks perked up. Two days later my skin feels so much more in balance. I don't feel like I'm oily at all but nor do I feel that my skin is pruning up.

Probably the best thing about this though? It makes inexpensive moisturisers much more effective at what they do. I used to purchase clinique, origins etc moisturisers but due to life getting in the way I no longer have the luxury. But used in combo with my Nivea Q10 Night Cream, my skin feels amazing afterwards whereas I was previously having issues getting the moisturiser to sink in on particularly hot days.

Right now I'm only using this at night as I'm worried that this may be a bit intense at the minute for me but I will have a part of this range in my program even if I have to change numbers with the season or with age.

I would urge you not to be put off by the smell or the tingling feeling, this is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received a free sample pack of the 3 step system from sephora. This product definitely helped with oil control on my forehead and nose, but it absolutely burned my skin in the sensitive areas around my mouth and chin after 3 days of use. I'm still dealing with flaky red patches a week after I stopped using it. If you have sensitive skin, beware. I switched to the mild toner, but even that seems to be drying me out too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I first used this when I was 20, and liked that it insured that my face was clean of all traces of dirt, oil, and makeup morning and night. I did use this as part of the 3-step skin care treatment Clinique offers. However, I'm not sure if it's because I was using 2/Dry-Combo instead of 3/Oily-Combo—I highly doubt it—but I found that this product leaves a slightly burning sensation on my skin probably due to the amount of alcohol this contains. In fact this happens to contain a couple of known irritants in their ingredients, including menthol and witch hazel. I am a Clinique fan girl; I love nearly everything I've tried from Clinique. But this is the one product I could never recommend even to those with resilient skin like I thought I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have really mixed feelings about this toner. One the one hand it is full of alcohol and smells like your skin will dissolve when using it. On the other hand, it makes my skin look incredibly clear. No breakouts, no large pores, just perfect clear skin. I decided to use it once a day and use a milder version in the morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is FULL of alcohol and smells like tequila. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin or anyone who doesn't want to strip their skins natural moisture barrier. There are way more gentle toners out there...some are alcohol free. Try maybe Biotherm or even just use Thayers Witch Hazel. If you find your skin prone to redness the clinique toner will just make it worse! Clinique has such a hype about being fragrance free! But it's really not that great....read the ingredients there's nothing good in their stuff EXCEPT the new even better eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by shelleykate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is such a great toner; it leaves my skin feeling so clean and tight without drying it out in the slightest, and it makes my makeup apply super smooth c: It is pretty pricey, but I only have to use the tiniest amount so the amount of time it lasts makes it entirely worth it. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 2beccax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG toner! I bought the full size recently after trying and loving the sample. It really cleans your skin, and leaves a tingling sensation which makes you feel really clean and fresh. It makes my moisturiser apply like a dream. Can not reccomend enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautyObsessedBecca

I bought this product since I had been having problems with my annoying dry yet hint skin. The lady who sold me this problem product told me that it would help my makeup go on better without the patchy dry look that I usually had when applying my foundation. I was so pleased within the first week because she was right! My makeup looked great! She also told me that the product could possibly break me out but that I should stick with it for the best results. Well after another week I broke out, terribly. My skin isn't that sensitive but I do get acne off and on. This "amazing" product soon turned into my worst nightmare! I was to the point of tears thanks to the burning and itching I experienced! Excuse me, still experiencing! Fortunately for me my dad is a doctor and had some mupirocin ointment for me to put on which helped tremendously. If this happens to you I would also recommend taking hydro codon (if that's how you spell it) for the pain. After a few days your skin should clear up. Maybe if I stuck with it the redness would have eventually faded but to be honest it's just not worth it. That's the bottom line!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by theinfinitepet

I bought this clarifying lotion with a Clinique face wash and lotion. I was told that it was a 3-step process to be done 2x a day, and that this was less drying than most other exfoliants. Unfortunately, this was not true. After a few days of using these products together, once in the morning and once at night, my combination skin had blotches of dry spots and was red in parts. After I stopped using this clarifying lotion, my skin was dramatically less dry.