Hands down the best foundation I have so far.
My shade is in 855 soft honey. I was never fond of foundation since they tend to show my dry patches. But this foundation is the best. Does not oxidize on my face and matches with my yellow undertone. Not too runny or thick.
I will definitely buy this again c:
For now, it's HG territory. I wear 805 "Ivory." I love how smooth it goes on. It is opaque enough to wear as concealer under the eyes. Setting powder keeps it in place. It doesn't oxidize on me. I am a strange minty-yellow tone (cool yellow) and Ivory is not too far off (rather neutral yellow). I now live in fear that it will of course be discontinued because apparently ALL MU companies watch my purchasing habits and kill off any product I like or need! *sniff*
I am also experimenting with contouring. I purchased the darkest color in this 3 in 1 foundation, which is called "Soft Sable" and is 375 and I am using it as contouring under Wet N' Wild Coverall fair. So far, I love this combination - looks fantastic but am having to learn to control the application because sometimes I put too much Soft Sable on and I get really bronzy cheeks (too bronzy).
For Comparison: I wear "Cool Bone" in Estee Lauder Double Wear but it is too peach. Old Revlon Colorstay Ivory was too pink and Colorstay Buff was too...Buff?
And here I am again... Stuck with another foundation that I'll never use because it turns orange in about an hour after application. Loved the buildable coverage but being fair skinned, I have yet to find the perfect foundation.
As someone with fair skin, it's quite difficult to find a product in it's lightest ivory shade that doesn't turn orange throughout the day, this was no exception. Has good, even coverage but found no shade that would match my skin. Since the foundation I regularly use is quite light, I sometimes use this on top to make the colour a bit darker, but overall it's not my favourite Cover Girl product.
This foundation didn't work for me at all.
The consistency is nice.
It's not runny and not super thick either.
Coverage is light to medium. The problem is that it didn't blend into my skin at all. It just sat on top of my skin and made it look dry and cracked. I tried to apply it, on several occasions, with different brushes and a damp beauty blender, but the finish was still the same which is dry.
The best thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. I will not rebuy
did not enjoy the foundation. was too pink therefore it didnt cover my acne scars even with layers of it.
I tried this foundation after watching itsjudystime on YouTube who I adore a lot, and when I also read a lot of good review here ... I was basically looking for a new reasonable foundation, after years of using revlon colorstay and after the company changing the formula I hated looking so heavy through I needed full coverage and believe me i went through mostly high end brands, so my choice was Estée Lauder double wear new formula or this .foundation ... I love the way it blends ,the coverage is medium and build able .i had to use bronzer to get the right shade but after few hours it oxidizes and makes me look darker... I wonder if it's only me or anyone going through the same problem? I won't repurchase this foundation, I am still hunting for my HD foundation ....
I would never of thought I would own a CG foundation again after bad experiences I had with a few foundations from them. I just figured CG foundation wasn't for me. Their Clean foundation line was a bust (for me) and years ago, I tried their whipped foundation.. broke me out TERRIBLY. The color was always off, the coverage was mediocre at best, and it just always looked cake-y on me. But then I had a YOLO moment at CVS and decided to try Outlast Stay Fab. OMG SO GLAD I DID! I'm really impressed! The color is spot on - the coverage is a thumbs up - and overall I'm really enjoying this foundation! Sorry for giving up on you, CG! ;)
This foundation oxidized on my skin and made me look orange! It also broke me out immediately. It did nothing to keep oil at bay. I would not recommend.
I can't believe the amount of positive reviews! This foundation was far from anything worth raving about. Here's why.
- The pump packaging is nice, even though the lid does get dirty.
- Coverage is okay- about medium.
- Oh my god. The color. Ummm does Covergirl think that human skin tones are a bright pinkish red because I don't think so. I was horrified every time I looked in a mirror while I was in the sunlight. My skin was as pink as a peach. I tried several different shades to no avail. Those with yellow-beige undertones beware- although I think the shades are even too pink for those with pink undertones.
- It oxidizes badly. Starts off pink, and after an hour the color turns very orange. So you are stuck with an orange/pink face. It's literally the worst.
- The lasting power is below average. I have very oily skin and I see oil seeping through and separating the foundation after 30 minutes.
- DEFINITELY not transfer resistant. This stuff gets all over my clothes, hands, and when I wipe my nose with tissues, the foundation comes right off.
- Not waterproof. I remember I put in eye drops and watched in horror as my tear left a streak of my bare naked skin down my cheek. I also was wearing this foundation in rain and it absolutely melted off.
- It accentuates my pores a lot. It doesn't accentuate blemishes that badly but my pores are as noticeable as ever with this foundation.
- Looks very cakey and mask like, even with light application. I've tried my beauty blender, elf powder brush, sigma f80, real techniques expert face brush, and all have resulted in cake city.
All in all, the main reason why I would never purchase this foundation again or recommend it to anyone is because of the color selection. A much better drugstore option is Revlon Colorstay which does pretty much everything that this foundation can't do.