Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought this mascara, it used to clump if I tried to put a few layers of it. However, after the formula dried out a bit (a couple of weeks later) it worked beautifully. This can really lengthen the lashes. Like REALLY! And adds a decent amount of volume too. It doesn't smudge much and isn't flaky even when I fall asleep with it (I know. Bad habit). Lasts all day quite nicely.

What I dislike is the brush. I can't get it to the lashes on the corners of the eyes easily. Applying it to the lower lashes is also hazardous, specially when the formula is still runny.

A tip: I find that putting warm water on my fingers and then rubbing my lashes lightly is the most effective way to remove this mascara.

That being said, I recommend it to people with short, sparse lashes who want (read need) lots of length!

on 11/24/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my HG mascara for about 2 years now. It makes my wimpy lashes thick and separated with just a few swipes. The brush isn't small but it's not ridiculously huge and doesn't make a mess on my lids. I've never had a non waterproof mascara hold a curl so well either. It doesn't clump, flake or smudge, and most importantly it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes...even when I wear contacts. It doesn't wash off as easily as most non waterproof mascaras, but it removes easily with eye makeup remover. I'm constantly trying out new mascaras, but so far nothing has compared to this, and I always have a tube of it in my makeup case. Love!!

on 11/22/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

because the falsies gives me the false eye effect, comparing it to others is hard. this didn't give me much volume, not much length... very average. wears well, but other than that im not impressed with the results . not bad, but not worth praising.

on 11/19/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Basically this is the Platonic ideal of mascara: dark, volumizing, rarely flaky, easy on, easy off. I'm on my third tube and we are going to live happily ever after, the end.

This is over all the BEST mascara I've ever owned. Doesn't clump up ur lashes. It makes them longer, stronger and very dark. 10/10 THE BEST.

on 11/18/2014 8:42:00 AM

This has been my go to mascara for about two years now. I have naturally super long lashes so it gives the perfect amount of volume by keeping them separated. One tube lasts awhile too!

on 11/17/2014 6:57:00 PM

A decent mascara. I have this in 2 colors. Wears nicely throughout the day. No smudging or flaking. It's not too wet. Can be a touch difficult to remove, and this is not even the waterproof formula. Gives nice volume, but can be a touch clumpy. But is easy to work with and can get it not to clump. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry nor does it bother my eyes. Just a pretty decent mascara.

on 11/17/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This mascara does not give length or a ton of volume. All I notice is that my lashes look a tiny bit fuller and darker. Also the brush on this thing is as stiff as all get out.
I am not going to lie, if you are to rough, it can be uncomfortable to apply this stuff.
With that being said, it does a GREAT job of combing through my lashes and seperating them perfectly.
If you ar going for longgg and thick black lashes, this mascara will not give you that. It's just the truth.
However, it is nice for those days that you want to pull off a natural no makeup look.

on 11/14/2014 6:34:00 PM

Clumps up my lashes like nothing else. Very disappointed with this mascara, I was expecting better.

on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Another top notch mascara made by Maybelline. I have worn Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara for years, and recently purchased The Rocket Volum' Express on a whim - color brownish black.

Rocket Volum' Express separates and lengthens my short upper lashes. Never knew my lashes could look so lush.

When I swipe the wand on the mascara container opening to remove excess product, do not have a lot of excess remaining at the top of the container opening, which is a plus because one won't have excess mascara overcoating and clumping on lashes.

Reviewers have mentioned this isn't an easy mascara to remove. It might not be the easiest, but it isn't impossible. I gently rub a cotton ball with baby oil on it over eyelashes, and then proceed with Albolene makeup remover over face and lashes.

Highly recommend this mascara.

Video Reviews & Tutorials