July 31, 2014 | 1337 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

One of my favourite palettes. $37 after taxes in Canada but good quality for the price. I use this more than the full sized naked palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by solidcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette, so versatile and so good for travel. I can use this by itself or with other palettes. The shades blend together and on my skin beautifully. The darkest one is a good eye liner, and the more neutral shades are awesome for blending and building. The light shimmery shade is what I wear on my brow bone when I'm going out at night, and sometimes even in the day.

Matte and natural enough to wear to work, the gym (unfortunately I feel as though I should have even the tiniest bit of makeup on to avoid scaring everybody), or wherever you want to appear as if you are wearing minimal makeup. Definitely smart to have in your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Little work horse palette of goodness how well you perform and partner with every other palette I own.

Great crease and blending neutral colours, I'm happy there are 4 lighter colours to work with and Venus is great for using with bright colour popping eye shadows and palettes. Foxy and W.O.S are great base colours... If I'm feeling lazy I will often just use Naked 2 as a brow colour - I think Faint would be good for darker brows too.

Nice compact little palette to pack for trips. No fallout - yay! If I was too lose you my little beauty you would certainly be worthy of replacement. I bought mine from BeautyBay.

Happy to have this and would recommend to others as worthwhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A nice, but very dupable shadow palette. With 6 shades- 3 light, 2 medium, and one dark.

The lightest is Venus-a satiny off white shade similar to MAC Mylar. The second is Foxy-a soft cream, similar is MAC Brule. The third is Walk of Shame-a soft pink, could be duped with MAC Yogurt. Next is Naked 2-extremely similar to MAC Omega. Followed by Faint- (which goes on a lot lighter than it looks a soft, blending shade) that looks like MAC Charcoal Brown. Lastly, Crave a decent, basic black shadow. Similar to any other black on the market.

Now, this palette has pros and cons....but I want to first start with the cons. In my opinion, there should be two light, two mid tone and two dark shadows, for variety purposes. Walk of Shame should be pulled, and replaced with another midtone, or even dark shade. Maybe a nice deep purple like MAC Sketch...or even a deep brown since Faint is more of a blending shade (At least on me as a NC30). Also, why not one matte and one satin for each light, mid tone and dark? I know they wanted to do something to counteract the frostiness of the other naked palettes, but the still could add SOME texture variety to this palette. I feel like this palette on its own is a great "basic" as the name states, but you need more than this to complete a full, everyday look....unless you want extremely natural. I feel like with a few adjustments this could be a great palette, but it just falls a lil bit short.

The pros to this is definitely the price. $28 for 6 shadows in a convenient carrying case. No spot for a brush (another con I guess) but nice mirror and the case is very sturdy. 3 shadows are about the size of one full sized MAC shadow...so there are two "full sized" amounts of product. Each MAC shadow is $16, so essentially $32 of product, for $28. If you want something to add to your other Naked palettes, or just a decent matte, basic palette this is worth the investment. Though, if you're darker than a NC42/NW35....you may want to pass...I don't know if any of the shades would show up well enough to justify buying it. If you are lighter and want some easy to throw on, work friendly mattes...you may want to give this a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Popcornpaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

it has a very well color variety

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by jaaaals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank God I received this as a gift because I don't think I'd be willing to pay that much for a 6-color palette. But daaaaaamn do I love this palette! I feel like it's worth it though for that price. I think this palette is literally all you'd need for a daily bases neutral eye. You can all jazz it up for the evening as well since there's a shimmery and black color included. I think these colors are very convenient and very blendable too. If I were to go on a vacation, this palette is all I'd need since there's a nice sized mirror. I love it! Just buy it, you'll definitely reach for it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lushjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this palette! It has 5 matte eyeshadows and one light shimmery one.
The eyeshadows are amazing quality, and last all day with a base underneath!
I personally only wear matte eyeshadows as I find them to be the most natural and pretty looking ;)!
If you love matte eyeshadows, this is the palette for you (also amazing for traveling!), if you prefer shimmery shades, maybe skip it ;)!
I also think the price point is reasonable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off: hi, my name is Danielle, and I'm an Urban Decay junkie. That addressed, I have the worst kind of love-hate relationship with this specific palette, because I use the blasted thing almost every day...but only three out of six shades. Faint and Crave have all the power and pigmentation of chalk dust, and I haven't even acknowledged Foxy (my Naked2 palette told me all I needed to know about that yellow monster). However, Walk of Shame is seriously my Holy Grail blending shade, and I'm quite happy with Naked2 as a transition colour. So what it boils down to is, I paid a bomb for that pair, plus the lovely and talented highlighting shade Venus. Still cost less than three UD singles, but still...Walk of Shame is really the only one in there that gets me flailing like a fangirl. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by dancer4544

This product is actually quite amazing and the eyeshadow quality is good because of the creamy and bold texture.. the only thing that bothers me is the Price!! I mean I know this is a good product and I mean the brand urban decay cosmetics is a high end brand but for 5 eyeshades for $40.00 is a little much! But, otherwise I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

This eyeshadow palette is just... wow! I absolutely adore it! With it, you can create natural, neutral or a little bit more complete look! I also love that they're all mate (the first one, Venus, looks a little bit me glittery, but again, it's really natural) It is perfect for me since I don't wear a lot of glittery eyeshadow. There are six colors which is enough for a “basic” palette. I think that yes, the price is high, BUT since the product is so fabulous it's okay to pay a little bit more.