November 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is my HG mascara it add length and volume without looking fake. It adds a really nice natural look. If you go for more a voluminous, false lash, thicker effect you won't like this mascara as much, but if you go for more of a natural, subtle look you will fall in love with this mascara. Great inexpensive product from the drugstore, absolutely recommend this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Life is too short for mediocre mascara and this is one. It does nothing great and is a bare basics kind of product. It doesn't lengthen or volumize much, just gives your lashes a more polished and "done" look which is pretty damn boring. I want longer, fuller, flutterier lashes and this puts me to sleep. It smudges, too. Bah! The only thing I like about this is the brush which I can use to brush out clumps in other mascaras. Ok, so yeah, it doesn't clump but I'd rather have a little clumping and more oomph to my eyes that this snoozefest that takes the curl right out of my lashes.

Edited July 15, 2014:
I've had this tube for several weeks now and here's what I've discovered:

1) It gets better with age. The formula is wet so it actually performs better after it's been sitting around and drying out for at least a month. It doesn't weigh my lashes down as much as when it was fresh and if I apply multiple coats before it completely dries I'm able to get slightly fatter lashes without droop.

2) Don't wiggle the brush as you pull it through your lashes, just sweep it straight through from base to tip. Wiggling encourages droop probably because it deposits more formula onto the individual hairs, thus weighing them down. This mascara doesn't clump anyway so applying straight won't mean you'll have to brush it through like with other clumpier mascaras.

I'm a bit happier with Clump Crusher after these two revelations but it still doesn't impress me as a fab product. I'm not changing my ratings nor recommending anyone run out to buy it. It's merely ok and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must've gotten a weird one because the results I've found are almost opposite to most of the other reviews here. I promise I haven't bought the wrong mascara or anything though.
First of all, when I use it, it isn't completely non-clumping as many people have said it is. It does clump but, if I'm honest, only very slightly and I can fix that up by using a lash comb while it's kind of half-dry.
A lot of other people have said that it gives very natural results and doesn't add too much volume or length, but the results I've found disagree. This mascara adds quite a lot of volume for me and lengthens my lashes impressively. However, it really doesn't hold a curl for me which is super annoying because long, thick lashes really don't look good when they're pointing straight down. The formula is very buildable and because of its generally non-clumping nature, it can still look good with several coats. With that being said, if I'm going to use it I only still apply two or three coats and it seems to add a load of volume just like that. Despite the volume it gives, my lashes still feel pretty soft; definitely not crispy or dry.
I've had this mascara for a few months now and I've probably used it about twenty times - not a whole lot for the amount of time I've owned it, but I've got other mascaras that I prefer to this as they're capable of holding a curl after I've used eyelash curlers.
I like to use this sometimes when I know I'm not going to have to have it on for too long as I did not purchase the water-resistant version. That being said, this definitely doesn't smudge crazily or anything like that, it's just that I have eyes that are sometimes incredibly watery and are sometimes alright. I can't always predict what's going to happen so I like to stick with water-resistant or waterproof mascaras in general.

By the way, this retails for $17.95 in Australia but I got it on sale for $10 at Priceline a while ago.
I don't think I'll repurchase this when (or if, as I've found that I've been using it less and less recently) I finish it because the curl factor is just very important to me. I'm also not entirely sure if I did get an odd one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by katmint

I think this is a great everyday mascara. It looks natural and it really doesn't clump. I also really love that it's easy to remove! I find that this never smudges, and just comes off when I wash my face at night. It's not the most volumising mascara I've used, but I don't want that during the day anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by spooji

It barely smudges, but the formula is rather dry and it doesn't do too much volumizing. Great for everyday and there are minimal clumps. Overall it does its job, but it does seem to make my lashes droop a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For an every day mascara this is AMAZING. I don't usually buy commercials that claim many things, but this does exactly what it claims. There are ZERO clumps when I use this. The formula is rather dry but it words wonders for every day.

I am still able to get volume and length, however it wouldn't be enough for night time use for me. For that I usually use the volume orange tube mascara or l'oreal voluminous carbon black (which clumps A LOT but provides tons of volume)

Overall amazing for every day use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this mascara doesn't do anything crazy to your eyelashes - in other words, it neither lengthens nor curl your lashes to the extreme. it gives your lashes natural soft look.

the clumping does occur, however, comparing to another brand of mascara that I opened on the same date, clumping is minimal.

I purchased water resistant mascara and I am starting understand why CoverGirl is marketing it as water resistant rather than waterproof.
while i understand that most "waterproof" mascara aren't really waterproof, but this mascara comes off far too easily with water....

overall, i'd still purchase this mascara because i go after natural "no make up" makeup looks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was not impressed. I feel like this is just a very basic mascara to darken the lashes, that's about it. There is no volume, even with 2 coats. My lashes were very "thin" looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is okay, not great. It is good in the way that it doesn't go clumpy for me, but my usual mascara (Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion) doesn't either. I really dislike the curved wand, it just makes it a bit hard to apply neatly without getting any mascara anywhere else. For me it doesn't apply enough mascara to my lashes with one coat, or even two really. It is probably better for those who like a very natural "no makeup" kind of look. It isn't horrible, but I will be going back to the Last Blast Fusion when I run out of this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

There are better drugstore mascaras. Formula is okay, buildable. The original Lash Blast works better for that, though (no clumping with original Lb for me, which I've repurchased a few times). The brush is a bit annoying--but using the rounded side first, then the curved side, works best for me. On its own it's quite natural looking, but lengthening.

It's a good layering mascara. I have tried it layered on top of Maybelline the Falsies. This gave a beautiful thick, false lash look as you might get from a very good HE mascara.