Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

3.9

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caranuba Wax, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides May Contain: Ultramarine, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/15/2014 2:25:00 PM

I had been looking for a BROWN mascara..not black/brown, not blackened brown, just plain BROWN..Someone suggested one of the CG ones and when I went to the store, I saw they had pictures of 4 of the CG mascaras near the CG display. I was looking for a daytime/everyday/work-place-safe type of mascara..I did not care about length, but wanted some fullness..not crazy-fullness, but SOME...Anyhoo, Clump Crusher looked like it might fit the bill..

Now, in the past, I have been disappointed in CG in general..their products tend to make me break out, have reactions, not last, turn funny colors on me, make my eyes water, you name it..in general I dislike CG products..So it was with some apprehension that I picked this up..(really wish there were more brown mascaras out there..) I must say, it was not bad..in fact, I was pretty pleased with it..It lasted all day, did not flake or smudge, and did not clump, as promised.

However, for me there is very little volume with this. My eyelashes are by no means thin, but this somehow made them look kind of thin..whereas I was actually hoping for a little bit of fullness..It did remove easily, which I was glad.

So all in all it is okay. I would have given it four stars, but really not only is there no fullness, it somehow makes my eyelashes appear thinner. And there to me is no mascara yet that I have tried that is worth 5 stars. Back in the day I would have given the Loreal Voluminous 5 stars, but something about that formula changed and..well, off to review that one, too..lol

All in all, regarding the Clump Crusher...I don't know if I would buy it again..I *will* use it until I find a better brown-mascara, though..so I do not hate it....had it given some volume or fullness, I would purchase it again.....so because MUA requires a buy Again response...I am gonna say..no....doubtful, anyway....

on 11/14/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love it! I have naturally full lashes and this gives me an awesome amount of thickening and lengthening for both day and night looks without being clumpy. I honestly never realized how much of a difference it would make to my overall look to use a mascara that thickens yet doesn't clump up. I also like that it doesn't smudge/give me raccoon eyes throughout the day yet it's easy enough to take off with makeup remover or coconut oil.

All my past mascaras have either only lengthened or given me a lot of clumps along if they had any thickening power, from L'oreal Voluminous to Benefit They're Real to Estee Lauder Double Wear I've never wanted to repurchase a mascara, so I might have just found my holy grail!

on 11/7/2014 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After using this mascara for several months, it grows on me more and more. Pros: A very appealing blackish brown color that looks great with my auburn hair. A super smooth finish that is not "furry" at all and looks natural. Good wear time with minimal smearing or color transfer even at the end of the day. The slightly curved wand works well to quickly and evenly apply the product.

Cons: I hate the huge tube. The trend in mascaras has been toward these monster tubes, although I don't think you're getting more product. They just take up a lot of room in my makeup organizer. Not really a con, but I would consider this more of a work or daytime mascara (as opposed to a glam/night mascara). This won't give you uber lashes, but it will definitely define your lashes well.

I use this most days. Recently I reached for my L'Oreal Voluminous instead, just to see what the difference was. I like the Clump Crusher much better. Voluminous gives my lashes a "furry" appearance that I don't like. Clump Crusher is smooth.

on 11/7/2014 8:11:00 AM

Love this! This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras but, I don't use it by its self. I use this over other mascaras if they are looking to clumpy. It separates my lashes with just one coat. I have repurchased and plan to repurchase again.

Awesome!! Works as a eye lash comb so it separates my lashes well and I Like that. I use Another mascara and then apply the lash blast right away when my lashes are still wet, seems to work better then if you let them dry.

on 10/25/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
-REALLY separates your lashes for a natural effect with 1 coat (awesome for short lashes)
-buildable for dramatic effect
-holds a curl pretty well

Cons:
-flakes and smudges after 3 hours (even with WP version)
-waterproof version comes off with water or tears
-bad for people with oily skin or oily eyelids

Overall I would get it again (but not any time soon) because it does separate my lashes very well, but covergirl needs to make the waterproof version cryproof.

on 10/25/2014 8:49:00 PM

i used to love cover girl mascaras, but now they just don't work for me. this clump crusher mascara is the latest of many fails for me. i found the formula to be dry, flaky, and did nothing for my lashes. it didn't volumize, it didn't lengthen, it didn't define, it didn't even darken my lashes. and to add insult to injury, it left clumps on my lashes, which completely contradicts its name "clump crusher." i tried using this multiple times... on its own, over other mascaras, under other mascaras... nothing worked. i finally gave up and tossed this in the trash and won't ever buy again.

on 10/23/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Overall, this mascara is great, however it's not holy grail in my standards. Personally, I prefer mascaras that gives both volume and length and the Clump Crusher gives awesome length. The wet formula mascara is awesome for everyday use or as a first coat for a volumizing mascara which how I use it. The clump-free claims definitely hits the nose as I can put three, even four coats of it without seeing any clumps, however the volume is still not there. After using it for about a month and looking at other reviews (of course on MakeupAlley), my holy grail search ended with the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It gives me everything that I have been looking for in a mascara! Because the Voluminous has a thicker consistency, I sometimes use the Clump Crusher as the first coat and a coat or two of the Voluminous mascara and wow! It gives the illusion of false lashes!

on 10/22/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my daily mascara! It's what I'm usually wearing if you catch me during the day, at work, on weekends...

This is for several reasons:
1) it really does not clump.
2) It is extremely build-able, so be patient and keep wiggling and stroking upwards.
3) It comes in BROWN! Not black-brown, not glam brown, actual brown. Perfect for work or days where you'll be outside in natural light a lot.
4) It stays on.

While brown is my go-to, I also have it in "very black" which I love using when I want a little more oomph. I rebuy and rebuy tubes of Clump Crusher brown mascara.

on 10/17/2014 11:50:00 AM

I really like this product. The packaging is nice and the wand is awesome at separating and combing through my lashes. The ONLY problem I found with this is that it starts to flake off after only a few hours. I'm still trying to find a good mascara that won't flake. I might buy this again if I haven't found one that doesn't flake.

Popular Mascaras