November 29, 2014 | 1519 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 6:43:00 AM More reviews by ratmist

I have sensitive skin and eyes; I wear contacts every day. This makeup remover is anything but gentle. The only way to get it to work is to use a lot of the product on a cotton ball and hold it on your eyelids for around five seconds. You have to use a lot of the product to get it to work properly, and inevitably it ends up on your eyeballs. It BURRRRRRRRRNS! Horrible product, never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Carolyn103070

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I am not the only one....this junk doesn't do squat and my eyes were burning and my eyelids were red and swollen. Horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I got this a freebie with a purchase of a L'Oreal haircolour product. Otherwise, I would seriously be p'offed if I had to pay for this unless 'makeup remover'. It did nothing what-so-ever for removing my mascara, eyeliner nor eyeshadow. It did, however sting my eyes!!

So much for "Gentle" Eye makeup remover! yeah right!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by sugarberrylove

L'oreal is a good makeup brand in general. I love their eyeliners and mascaras so I decided to try their makeup remover. However, it was terrible! It didn't take off the makeup... instead, it smeared my makeup further more so I had to keep scrubbing it off! By the time I got some of my eye makeup off, my lids were irritated and red. I had to even use vaseline to get the rest off! The makeup remover is seriously made of water and smelly fragrance. It doesn't do anything! It's even worse than soap and water. It is just a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

unimpressive! i was never too concerned about owning a quality eye make up remover until i started a new job and began to wear a more eye make up on a daily basis for work. i've been trying this to remove kohl eyeliner and shadow, so i havent even put it to work on mascara, and yet i find it just doesnt do a good job of removing anything! i feel like im just wiping the makeup around rather than removing it, plus it leaves my eye lids very red and irritated looking. in an emergency i used some baby wipes to take off my eye makeup and they did a far better job than this stuff! i'll have to start searching for a better alternative...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gentle Waterproof Eye and Lip Makeup Remover is my HG. I ran out of it last weekend and it was out of stock in 3 places. So I picked this one instead. HUGE MISTAKE! Holy crap how terrible can this stuff be!? It barely removes eye shadow. Mascara and eye liner you ask? Forget it. It won't cleanse them. It's like a bottle of blue water.Nothing else!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by xoxo__MOOfin

this stuff is absolute crap! I was wearing maybelline full 'n' soft in waterproof, and it smudges under my eyes midday sometimes, proving that it itself is not very waterproof. However, this remover did nothing except make a few flakes fall out. flakes! I ended up using my trusty baby oil.

don't buy it!!!

edit.//
I later realized this remover works quite well to clean up smudges under the eye. Also, this also works slightly for l'oreal voluminous slightly-it makes it flake off, but still not completely off. I now use it just to clean up smudges and eyeshadow and other makeup that's not waterproof. it also works fairly well when removing eyeliner and cleaning up liquid eyeliner messes. props for that!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by peacheyl

This stuff is pretty much crap. It boasts that it removes waterproof eyemakeup, but it doesn't. This stuff leave my eyes all tired and sore because I literally have to scrub it over my lids with a cotton ball to remove the makeup (which still doesn't even come off all the way), and it leaves a greasy film that is really hard to wash off with the light face soap I use for my sensitive skin. I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by KellieH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, i'll start by saying I use this in the UK and have done for a few years now, I love it, it's cheap, it does a great job removing my often heavy eye make up (I don't wear waterproof mascara, but its removed budge proof eyeliners etc) and I will continue to purchase unless something amazing comes along.

So...I was really surprised by the negative reviews on here...UNTIL...
my bottle of UK 'L'oreal Gentle eye make-up remover' ran out whilst I was here in the USA, and I went to purchase a bottle to replace it. I have remarked to myself in the past at the dramatically different packaging and wondered if it was the same product, I bought some and the first thing I noticed was a different stronger smell...sort of like soapy roses or something. I used it and oh my god the stinging...I have NEVER had stinging with the UK version, my eyes started to water, and the removal aspect was harder work. I just HATE this stuff!!!

So moral of the story, love the UK version, hate the US version...and that doesn't happen very often!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by flirtyhuni80

Well....I ran out of my Mary Kay eye makeup remover and decided to run to Walgreens for a quick, cheap replacement. Never ever again! First I got way to much on the cotton ball due to the enormous opening on the bottle, then it about burned my eyes out of my head, AND it didn't remove my mascar or eyeliner, just kind of smudged it around =( No more for me!! I fell back to my good ol' cold cream until I can get more of my MK.