Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

on 10/16/2012 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great value. Goes on even, about 3 coats and you have a salon gel-like coverage. I have 6 bottles of this. Good it comes in little sizes as it gives you time to actually use it before it goes tacky. In my opinion, rimmel is the best go to nail polish

on 8/28/2012 7:42:00 AM

the biggest part of my collection has to be Rimmels 60 sec Nail polish.

~Variety is the spice of life~
I have this in the following colours:
Fast and Fuschia, Purple Reign, Coralicious, Rapid Ruby, Black Out and Blue my mind.
I think that this is the best selection of nail varnishes available on the high street at the moment, if you are going out and have new clothes you are sure to find a perfect colour match in this range - there are absolutely loads and the colours are really bright and vibrant.
~Not a lot of bottle~
The bottle holds a little less than the standard 10ml bottles, offering just 8ml but the cost is usually between 3 & 4 depending where you shop so i think this is good value for money. Superdrug tends to have sporadic 3 for 2 offers on so look out for these.
The bottle is round and transparent enabling you to clearly see the actual colour of the vanish and the lid stands tall and black like a Grenadier Guards Hat.

~Whats the product like?~
The polish itself is of a medium consistency (not too runny, not too thick) and so applies easily, without smudging. The brush is quite small but 'fans out' well meaning that you can cover your whole nail in 2 swipes. I find that one coat is enough if wearing for the day or a night out but you may wish to apply a second coat if you are aiming to get a few days out of it.
The polish does dry quickly and obviously it depends on how thick you have applied the polish but I find that you need more than 60 seconds even for just one coat, but not much more..maybe a minute and half?
The finished result looks great. These polishes are beautiful bright colours that seem to reflect the light and so have a lovely shiny finish. I do love these however I find that they do chip quite easy and although I have tried to top up where it has chipped this just makes it look bumpy and cheap so I have to take it all off and either start again or submit to naked nails.
~Having it off~
Comes off easy with (and without :( ) nail polish remover and does not leave any stains on your nails.

I have had to give it 4 stars as I just love the collection as a whole owing to the large range available but wouldnt rate the quality of the product alone.

on 3/24/2012 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I had 809 Blue Me Away and it stained my fingers, the formula and colour was absolute crap and looked like a disaster against my asian, yellow toned skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Often the most expensive product is not the best one. We've been blessed with Rimmel's nailpolishes. I've tried all the luxury ranges and Rimmel still beats them hands down on quality, look, longevity, range and ease of use. Go Rimmel...

on 3/12/2012 2:24:00 PM

I love Rimmel nail polishes. I have this in black and a dark purple. Lasts a long time.

on 3/1/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love these 60 second nail polishes by rimmel! Dry very quickly and last whole week! Beautiful colors, I have only 2 colors now, but I have to buy more of them. :D

worht it!

on 2/20/2012 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG of "quick dry" nail polish, hands down! Love the wide & curved Xpress brush too - makes painting nails extra fast. 10/10!

on 1/15/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm generally quite impatient when it comes to nail polishes and end up smudging my nails when painted so i'm always on the lookout for quick-drying polishes. This has to be one of my favourite brands to buy for nail polish, its cheap and the colour range is great. It dries so fast! My only downside is i need to put on about 2-3 coats to achieve a good coverage. However i will still continue to buy!

on 1/14/2012 11:09:00 PM

I have this polish in Desert Beauty (which I think they might have discontinued). HG nail polish! I've gotten so many compliments on this color, and I've been really disappointed that I haven't been able to find another for backup when I use up my current bottle. It does dry pretty fast and lasts a decent time with a topcoat.

Decent colour range (Green With Envy is the shade I like most, but Disco Ball, Silver Bullet, Pompous and some others are good) and a nice brush. Small bottles, and I notice they dry up relatively quickly, but they're reasonably cheap here. They will chip pretty quickly but combined with base and top coat or used in nail art they're fine, I wore Rose Libertine in a manicure for over a week with no chipping at all. On their own, though, they come off easily. Application and consistency are pretty good, however, and they do dry quickly. For a drugstore brand they're good, but Revlon is better (accordingly also slightly pricier, but they have bigger bottles). The major downside for me is Rimmel testing on animals.