September 19, 2014 | 1817 users online

Fragrances - Lady Gaga - Fame

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I really dislike this. Smells like a new car. I dont know how else to describe it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This actually smells nice, surprisingly.. I tested it on my wrist @ Sephora but I wouldn't buy it for myself. It's not a fragrance I'm tempted to wear regularly. On me it develops warm & creamy, honey-sweet & berry-scented but quite sophisticated, not teenage youthful. It has depth & is actually very sensual & not cloying or heavy. For me, 1 spritz on the wrist wafts close to the skin & throws no overbearing sillage, so I appreciate its lightness despite being a scary-looking black liquid. I had to make sure none sprayed on my clothes.

Personally, I hate the claw-like cap of the packaging (bottle is fine) & I especially dislike the magazine ad. I could see myself wearing this for an evening out, but I don't like it enough to buy it. It doesn't have special appeal to me. I'm just happy it's not gross the way I secretly expected it to be. It appears that for Gaga the essence of 'fame' translates into something sweet & embracing (the opposite of what I think fame really is) - is that the effect she's trying to evoke?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Fame has a powdery, settled sweet scent. I personally don't smell apricot although it is listed in there. It's a safe scent, nothing pushing it to the extra mile. I got it mostly because I love Lady Gaga and considered it a Collecters Item that I occasionally use. The liquid indeed looks opaque and black, however, when held up to the sun, it looks like a dark, murky purple that can (with difficulty) be seen through. The bottle on a matter of opinion is classy and art inspired. Only the 100 ml bottle comes with a metal gold claw that is removed from the top of the bottle. The 50ml and 30ml have plastic gold claws. All bottle sizes are glass. Definitely smell it yourselves before purchasing. Suitable for all ages. The sweet scent may be too strong for some. I personally prefer muskier scents

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jennymeb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell, but I do not think I will redeem .. too sweet

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by coleman823

I love this scent. However, the fragrance fades too soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Ktraven

Pros:
-Nice yet unique scent
-Unique and beautiful design
-Specific top and base notes in the scent

Cons:
-Not too long-lasting
-Not completely invisible

Price:
Although it was originally $79 for the 3.4 oz edp, I went to Macy's and got a 3.4 oz edp, 1 oz edp, set of fake nails, and a bag for $64.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by sultaria

First of all, I would like to say that I am very surprised with the amount of negative reviews this product received. Did Lady Gaga's "Fame" fall short of the hype it acquired before its release? Most certainly. Is it an amazingly unique fragrance with extreme complexity destined to live in the "Classics" hall of fame? Certainly not. However, this doesn't make it a "bad" fragrance by any means, and anyone expecting anything extremely bold from a celebrity scent in general will find themselves terribly disappointed. And this, my friends, is what you will find reflected in most of these negative reviews.

I initially got a whiff of Lady Gaga's "Fame" when it first launched at Sephora. I heard about all the hype surrounding it, loud claims stating that it will have notes of "blood" and "semen" in it. However, knowing that the market of mass produced celebrity scents usually shys away from creating extremely bold acquired-taste fragrances, I smelled it with the same neutral mindset I give to unfamiliar fragrances. And immediately upon smelling it, I knew it deserved a place in my perfume collection. Not because it smelled of something extraordinary, but simply because to me it was an extremely pleasant scent. I got warm notes of apricot, sweet fruit tarts, fresh grapes and some toned-down florals. While people are claiming on them it smelled "synthetic", on my skin the scent was somewhat reminiscent of a fresh baked peach pie served with a nice fruit cocktail. It is not an overwhelming head-ache inducing fragrance, but you will not like it if you are not attracted to fruity floral scents, in which case you should not even consider buying it because this is exactly what it is (as mentioned in previous reviews).

I did not buy the fragrance when it first came out, seeing as I found it to be too expensive. However, when I found a box set of this on sale at Macy's for $64, I could not resist considering buying it. At that moment, for me the draw was between a $138 single bottle of Chanel Allure and this box set. What made me decide on this "lesser" fragrance instead was actually my boyfriend. I let him smell Chanel Allure on me and he told me that this perfume was too strong and head-ache inducing for his liking. But he loved the way Fame smelled on me, so I decided "why not"? I bought the box set, which included a shower gel, a roller ball, and a full 3.4 oz bottle of this EDP all for around $70 if you include the tax, which is a pretty good deal.

And I am glad I bought this set. To me, this is a casual everyday fragrance that I just love smelling on myself. I would give it 5 stars if the lasting power was better, but alas unfortunately it fades greatly within two hours. This smells more "fruity" than "floral". In a way, it kind of reminds me of DKNY's red delicious, which is another scent I really like. I do not find it to be a "juvenile" scent, and think that a woman any age could probably pull it off, given they like fruity smelling fragrances. I paired this fragrance with my Cabotine EDT and the smell was simply wonderful, reminding me of a grape vineyard.

All in all this is a decent good smelling perfume. It is not unique or amazing or a signature scent, but it smells delicious, and I would certainly recommend buying it if you like fruity perfumes and recommend staying away from it if you are only drawn to classics like Chanel No. 5. Because if you are expecting anything even remotely resembling a classic, you will be greatly disappointed. However, if you intend on getting a casual fun everyday fragrance with a neutral mindset and no great expectations, you may just find yourself liking it, just like I did.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Stela5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sweet and very, very nice. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Jowalters

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

. The soap turned my face cloth black, I found black spots in the shower and on the bathtub. It was the soap, thankfully it did not stain the tile or tub. And I had at first thought the biggest problem was holding on to an egg shaped soap when it was wet.
Took the soap out of the bathroom at that point.

The perfume, did not last at all on me. After a couple of hours the scent was gone.
As for what it smelled like. Well, I liked the smell, but thought I could pick up something similar at Walgreens, for a lot less money.

In fact I noticed that when I sprayed it on me, it was a bit grayish, then the color would fade. But I still would not spray it on light colored clothes.

Maybe, Maybe I would buy another roller ball when the one I have runs out of scent. But that is a big maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Aquamarine94

My good friend is a humongous fan of Lady Gaga and recieved this as a birthday present. Now I do like Lady Gaga, but I was initially skeptical by how her perfume may turn out. So she let me try it and WOW! I really love this scent, and the only other perfume I would buy is "Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds". The price is a little bit too much for me, which is a turn off but I can probably find it off Ebay for a better price.

For now I only have a sample size, but I will buy the full size one day (hopefully 3.5 oz)!