OPI Bubble Bath

formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DBP)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This nail polish takes way too long to achieve a colour that is opaque. Was it even designed to bring colour? Idk. What good is a nail polish that takes 3 coats just to be visible? Also, this chips on me after a day or so. I will use this as the french pink for a manicure and that's it. I am not going to sit here wasting my time applying 3-4 coats to achieve a colour. Honestly OPI, not a fan. Won't be re-purchasing. You need to make this colour stronger.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Like others have mentioned on this site, I have been pining over Giada De Laurentiis' nails for quite some time. On her cooking show, her nail color always look very clean, natural, and elegant. After a little google search, I found out that she uses OPI Bubble Bath. I was so excited because OPI is my absolute favorite brand of nail polish.

I went to amazon and paid $7.40 (originally $8.50!) and I am SO happy with the results! My nails look very similar to Giada's and I have received many compliments on them already! My new HG! Thanks OPI!

on 6/27/2012 2:02:00 PM

I absolutely love OPI nail polishes in general, but this one is an exception. It is very sheer and takes at least 4 coats to become completely opaque. By this point, the polish is so thick that it peels off after a few days. It is very streaky too. Not impressed with this product and would not reccommend it.

on 6/26/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am a girl who LOVES neutrals on hands, and bright colors on toes.

I've heard so many great things about this nail polish so I had to try it, and I have to say this is now my HG

I have fair skin, NC20. This color is like Wow to me even though its simple. It looks effortlessly sexy, clean, polished. The color is those light pinks you see in the magazines. I love how there is no shimmer, as shimmer can make me look like a little girl.

Guys tell me this is a classic color, and they love it!!!!!

I often get swayed by the tons of reviews by Caucasian/fair-skinned girls. Not saying this is anyone's fault!! They're the majority of cosmetics users in the Northern US (I think) and are just sharing their reviews to help others. But Bubble Bath looks horrible on my NC30ish (hands are darker) yellow-toned skin. Ugh. And it was so streaky! I've had good luck with OPI, but not with this one. Go for Essie Mademoiselle for a similar color. BB is slightly whiter. I love the name. Such a shame it isn't (in my opinion anyway) a true neutral. It has a pale cast to it that can be really unflattering to darker or warmer skin.

I'm reviewing the Gelcolor that I had applied at a salon.

Perfect MNBB color; subtle, shiny baby pink; no frost or shimmer.

I've had it on for a week with no sign of wear, even at tips. I even accidentally grated a nail while cooking, and the polish stayed intact on the rest of the nail. (A regular manicure lasts me 2-3 days at MOST before it chips or lifts).

Definitely worth the money if in fact it does last two weeks. Will update.

on 4/27/2012 12:03:00 PM

This is a really light color but you can get opacity with 3 coats. I think its worth the effort. The finish kind of does remind me of bubble bath or that glossy look of bubbles. This is a favorite of mine and if I am in a mood for a very light not in your face polish, this color is the one I like to wear. Its beautiful. Application is smooth just like I said before its just light so you need a few coats.

on 4/14/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Classic, clean, and glossy! Sweet on its own, and perfect to be paired with a French manicure (I posted a picture with OPI Alpine Snow for the tips!) LOVE!
EDIT: The best neutral I've ever used. It's the most gorgeously subtly milky pink that is so feminine! HG:)

on 4/1/2012 4:08:00 PM

Bubble Bath is a sheer delicate pink color. If you like a manicure that is soft and subtle this would be a great choice. I didn't have any problem with application or chipping. It did take a bit longer to dry than most other OPI polishes. I did get the mini bottle of this color which doesn't come with the pro-wide brush. I think with sheers the wider brush really does help with even application. If I would buy this one again I would get the standard sized bottle.

on 3/10/2012 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Got this from the "Best of the Best" pack.

Its perfect for: Subtle, super glossy/shiny nails with just a touch of hue. Everyday career nails, natural nails.

Its okay for: Pink nails. but you may need more than one coat.

Its not good for: loud manicures, someone who wants a bold statement color.

I love this color. So shiny!!!! and to me "bubble bath" is a great name..its a squeaky shiny coat with a shimmer of color like translucent pink bath water.

Popular Polishes