L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 2/21/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mostly wanted to write this because a couple of other people commented saying that this foundation has sparkles and it does NOT. It's sparkle free. The regular true match in pour bottle has tiny gold sparkles, which I normally hate. But since the W2 is a perfect match for me, I've been using it for 10 years anyway. I wish I'd found the Lumi sooner because it looks way better on me. If you have oily/acne prone skin you don't want tiny sparkles illuminating every large pore or blemish, and making you look even shinier then you already are! For some reason since in's called "Lumi" I thought it would have even more glitter. Other than that, except for the smaller shade selection, they are very close to the same. It is a pretty dewy finish but I set it with powder. It looks very natural. Very pleased. So glad I tried it anyway :)
Update: My skin is much too oily for this makeup :( A couple hours later I look like an oil slick.

on 2/21/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a lovely foundation. It's rare I give a foundation a full five stars because I have dry skin (so things tend to last), my skin is virtually flawless, and I'm young. All of these things mean that pretty much any foundation looks good as long as I research it and make sure it won't make dry patches stand out too badly, and stand-outs are far and few. This foundation is one of those few standouts. The formula is not very runny or thick and it is quite smooth. It goes on quite smooth and blends easily and evenly. It looks amazing, too. The coverage is medium-buildable with a radiant finish. However, I don't think only dry skinned people can use this. I think all skin types will love this. It lasts all day, and while most foundations do on me, I think this will on most people. Honestly the only fault I can find with it is that the packaging is kind of bulky, but I would never fault the product for that. One of the best foundations I've come across, I definitely recommend it.

on 2/18/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation for my lighter make up days. Its gives a nice luminous finish without looking too oily or shiny. I set my foundation with a powder for the most part anyways but I love this because it layers nicely without looking cakey or like "too much". It has a light - medium coverage that is easily buildable. It doesnt last as long as I would like to to even though I do wear a primer, set it with a powder, and spray a setting spray over it. When it starts to wear it usually starts fading on my upper lip and around my nose.. which is a super bummer because I dont like to carry my makeup around with me for touch ups unless its a lippie. The price is a little high for a drug store foundation but it is one of my favorites when it comes to foundations. The formula is pretty runny compared to other foundations I own. The packaging is perfect, a glass bottle with a pump! A pump is always a plus!

on 2/11/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo/oily skin but I really wanted to try this foundation because I already liked the regular true match. I love this foundation! In fact, I choose this one far more often then I choose the regular true match. I have 20+ foundations, and this one is definitely in my top 5. It makes my skin look beautiful and healthy. It has light-medium coverage, but is decently buildable. It's never caked up on me and doesn't seperate on my face like the regular true catch tends to after 4 or 5 hours. If I wear a primer underneath this foundation will usually last for a solid 7-8 hours before fading becomes an issue. It doesn't do a perfect job of concealing my acne scars, but I have concealer for that. I also really love that this foundation comes with a pump. My regular true match has to be poured out into my hand which I hate. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and I'm really liking it!

I have pretty normal skin with some redness in my cheeks, around my nose, and on my chin. i apply the shade Creamy Natural with my fingers to start and finish off with a dap Real Techniques beauty sponge. The formula of this foundation is liquidy, smooth, and very easily blended with good coverage. I'd say medium coverage but very buildable.

What I like best about this foundation is its finish. it gives sort of a dewy look without looking glittery, shimmery, or oily. It lasts almost all day in work and that's with a finishing powder and rosewater facial spray to finish.

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation and will absolutely purchase this again.

on 1/28/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Excellent, affordable everyday foundation for dry skinned girls.

If you are like me, and have dry, dull skin, the 'lumi' effect in this foundation will do wonders to brighten up your face and add that sun kissed, dewy appearance.

I apply this with a beauty blender, on top of my usual moisturiser and primer. Love it!

on 1/26/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Went on smooth and looked very nice. (Used my elf flat top powder brush)
Used two pumps and the coverage was nice. I really liked how it looked on the skin.
I did not notice any sparkles indoors.
Outside I could see a sparkle or two nothing outrageous.
Two hours later I did notice some shine that seemed almost metallic. I opted to blot lightly. By 5 hours it started to slip around on my skin a bit and that metallic look was back. The makeup had worn off my spots, chin,and my nose and my complexion looked tired.
By 7 hours I was quite surprised to see it looked like the foundation was gone!
Yikes I could see every mark and blemish.
I think this would be best for dry skin.
Or a quick run to the store. Definitely not a work day.
Wish this would have worked better as the coverage and look at first was quite nice.

I used shade w3. It looked a tad dark on the back of my hand but ended up being just a little too light when applied.
In photos whoa it looked very pale, ashy, and terrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Coarse

Sparkles -Eeeek yikes! Pump- Yes! Overall, not bad foundation. Lasting time about 6 hrs on my aging oily skin. Sparkles make my slight crows feet stand out a bit. I really don't care for this foundation only because of the sparkles...BUT...Not all is lost..I put a tad bit on the apples of my cheeks and blend (containing it to just my cheeks). I don't usually wear blush, so the sparkles add a little something to my cheeks, esp when it's low maintenance makeup day.

First off, love the pump bottle! The color matches my skin perfectly. This foundation is perfect when I first apply it, great coverage & very blendable. BUT it never really sets in. Even with a setting powder. After at least an hour my skin feels very dewey and if I touch it or my face touches anything it just wipes off & I NEVER have an oily face. If it would set differently I would definitely purchase again

This is a beautiful foundation. I happened to pick it up on sale which is not the norm, so I'm even more inclined to like it because it was $6 off the regular price; but regardless, the formula is great! Very natural, yet provides decent coverage. I love it for every day use, as it has an SPF in it, which I would avoid for nights out if there's going to be photos of any kind, but on a day to day it works well. I'm shade Creamy Natural which is perfect for my red undertones. It really does cancel out any redness--for me it did at least. It feels so light on the skin, it's barely detectable and it does give that dewy, fresh look, hence "Lumi". Glad I finally decided to pick this up after umming and awing about it for a year. Good buy.