April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this.. I have normal to dryish skin and I applied this many times, with a primer, setting spray, powder, etc. it NEVER set, it slid all over my face the entire day, if you touch your face the foundation comes right off. The only way I can use this foundation is to mix it with another foundation. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this 4.5 stars-it's so close to perfect. It's definitely one I'd repurchase and keep in my collection. It pretty much the opposite of my other old faithful (Revlon colorstay whipped). This one is thinner, and gives my skin the prettiest smooth look. When I first put this one, my skin looks soooo lovely. However, due to my combo/oily skin it gets shiny really fast. So usually use a mattifying spray (Urban Decay) and a powder (currently I go between ELF HD, NYX stay matte not flat, or Neutrogena shine control) and that helps significantly. But I can't get a full day out of this. I use this for times when I'm not out all day, like date night or shopping or church, but not work (I work 12-16 hour shifts). If this had more oil control and lasted longer, it would be total HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! Since I have dry skin, the dewy finish looks nice on my. I don't find it sparkley at all like a lot of people have been saying. I have pale skin and I consider it more neutral, however I got it in Warm 1-2 because the lighted shade in neutral was too dark (-.-) but the color matches flawlessly! It's really light coverage, so I usually want a little more to cover the redness in my skin, so I just mix in a little bit of my concealer and it looks beautiful. The pump is amazing, and I got it for $11 at Walmart, which I though was a great price for such a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually strongly dislike this foundation. The word lumi indicates a dewy luminous finish which is something I need being that my skin is very flaky and dry. I also got a shade or two too light which didn't help (light is better than dark but a lot of times I don't want to bronze up my face). As soon as I applied it it did not go on as smoothly as I thought it would and clings to any dry patches I have. The finish is not very luminous to me, then again I wanna glooow. It just didn't blend out as well as I thought it would and overall I was very disappointed.

Pros
Very nice packaging complete with pump
Great color selection complete with warm and cool undertones (duh true match)
Decent coverage

Cons
Did not provide quite the dewy finish I was looking for
Clung to dry patches
Looked cakey
Did not apply smoothly

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ellebells

Let me start off with that I've purchased this foundation multiple times. I do like it a lot but I also have some mixed feelings.

It has a light-medium coverage that gives off a dewy look. I love the look it gives though because it is glowy without being sparkly. It looks flawless when I first put it on but after a few hours or so, it seems to fade. This also transfers easily on clothing, and such.

The packaging is awesome. It comes with a pump! The price is a little more expensive for a drugstore foundation.

I like that there are so many shade options but I can't seem to find the one that fits me. It annoys me how shades W1-2 are the same foundation. W1-2 is too light for me, but W-3 is too dark. I really think if they came out with a W-2, it would be a perfect match!

Overall, this is a nice foundation for a glowy look, especially for a drugstore foundation, but don't expect it to be long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

I have repurchased this several times, and have been happy with it. I have gotten several comments on my skin since I have been wearing this foundation. I am currently blending a little of the W3 shade I had for my summer tan, with the N1-2 which I will use for winter.
My skin has a yellow undertone, so this is not too 'pinky' for me. I set it using a tiny dusting of Clinique's Redness Solutions yellow mineral powder. It looks ghostly when I first put it on, but
looks fine in just a few minutes, lol.

I have had some difficulties with application techniques, and have finally settled with putting this on using my fingertips. I find if I use a make up sponge it goes on too heavy/thick. A little of this goes a long way, so a bottle will last quite awhile.

I have used several Clinique foundations, and this one compares favorably to any of them. Price-wise it's much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Whit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin, so my options for a good compatable foundation IMO are quite slim. It's hard to find something that doesn't want to cling to every dry spot on my face thus making me look like a cakey dry mess. Usually anything labeled luminous or dewy is right up my alley so I was excited to test out a cheaper drugstore option (though I found this one is a tab pricer for the drugstore). First off the packaging is great, it comes in the nice glass bottle with a sturdy quality pump that always dispenses out the amount of product you want. The consistancy is very smooth and thin making it a breeze to apply and blend. I also can't smell any obvious scent to the product. The coverage is light IME but can be built up to a somewhat medium coverage. It has a very hard time covering the couple red spots I have due to broken capillaries so I do need to spot conceal those with my concealer, but it does manage to even out the surface redness in my skin nicely. I find the shade N1-2 is a great match for my light neutral skin tone (LM Silk Creme Beige Ivory) and doesn't oxidize. All that said, I'm really still on the fence about this foundation. I love it in the fact that it's fantastic for my dry skin! The formula glides on my skin seamlessly and never clings to any dry patches or spots, it really is perfect in that aspect. The finish is where my issue lies. Now I love looking glowy, dewy, and radiant but some days this foundation is just too much. The finish always looks amazing for the first couple hours but I find as the days goes on I can start to look too shiney... I almost want to say greasy. This happens to me no matter what conditions I wear it in. The temperature could be hot or freezing or I could either never left the house or had been running around all day, but no matter what it always seems to get that way. It's really strange. I'll look in the mirror and think oh my gosh I look so oily and then when I touch my face it's not but if I look at my fingers the shine transfers a little bit but where I touched still looks the same. I hope this is making sense lol! It's like whatever "lumi" particles are in the product transfer and become more apparent after some wear cause it definitely isn't oil (on my skin anyways). Somedays I kind of dig looking like that and others all I can think about is how I can't wait to take my makeup off. So yeah I probably won't be repurchasing this but will keep it around for those days when I'm in a super shiney mood (sometimes you need those days with dry skin lol) or am just going out for a couple hours to the store or something. I think if you have any sort of oily to combo skin you'd probably hate this foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by DatOneChick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after I ran out of my Revlon foundation and Walmart didn't have another one in my shade. I looked through every foundation in Natural Beige but they all looked pinkish pale, this one was the only one with a yellowish tone so I went with it not to mention the bottle also grabbed my attention lol so I bought it and tried it out the next morning. It's very light compare to Revlon's but it covers nicely and Feels so smooth I don't even feel it on my face. It also has a nice glow to it, I feel extra gorgeous lol I'm really glad I ran out of my old foundation and that Walmart was out of stock or I would had never tried this one. I'm in love with it! Will definitely be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in a love/hate relationship with this foundation. For the most part, I love it. If you are looking for an extremely luminous finish, this is perfect for you. It's a medium coverage foundation, so it doesn't cover too well. It makes my skin look very healthy and I always get compliments on how my skin looks when wearing it. Now, I have dry skin/combo/sensitive skin.. So when it's not in tip/top shape, this foundation settles a bit weird. I wish it didn't because it's such a gorgeous glow on most days. I feel like sometimes it doesn't set completely. It's easily transferable so you would need to set it with a powder, but I think that defeats the purpose of having a luminous foundation so I never do. I have worn this through sweaty, hot, humid and rainy FL days at Disney and it holds up for the majority of the time with a touch up. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

this foundation is awful! i usually use smashbox 15 hour in 1.1 which is amazing but needed something more budget friendly for work.

this was suggested to me by a few friends and i thought i would try it. the price is not bad and the packaging looked nice. i am pale so bought the lightest available shade.

it looked ok after i first put it on although it was difficult to blend. after about three hours i checked my face in the toilet and it looked horrendous! it had turned orange on my face (even though it was the lightest shade) and had settled in the dry areas and gone patchy on my nose and chin.

i tried to blend it in a bit but as the day progressed it looked worse. a few people even commented on how bad it looked. i will never buy this foundation again.

i have tried other l'oreal products and am generally a fan of it as drugstore brands go. would not touch lumi with a bargepole!