April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by MizzTwisty

I bought this product looking for med-full coverage or one that I could build on and something that matched my skin. it cost me $33.95 at Priceline in Australia. I was using Colourstay oily and combination skin, but it never stayed on and turned transparent by the end . of the day. I work in air conditioning so I dont believe this should of happened. True Match Lumi is pretty up there in my foundation list! I usually want something that is matte as my skin can get oily and dry throughout the day. So the fact that I've found something that has a beautiful not so intense dewy effect and that stays on all day - is amazing! Its in a pump, its buildable, its smooth, light, natural and just feels fantastic! words cannot describe how happy I am to be able to find a foundation this awesome in drug store! I recommend this to everyone and will buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by beatlesmusikerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Some foundations just agree with certain people's skin. This was absolutely not the case with this foundation. I didn't even know I had dry patches until this foundation "illuminated" them for me! (Thanks, but no thanks.) It's probably my mistake, thinking a luminous foundation would soft focus my sensitive, irritated skin. The texture, finish, and overall effect is all wrong for my skin. The color however is perfect. I wish more drugstore brands had as many options for pale skin as L'Oreal. This would be good for people with no rough spots on their faces who want that glowy finish. Anyone with sensitive or rough skin, stay away! I feel like I should have known better. I returned this and got my old standby (Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse). This gets two stars for the excellent colors.

Pros:
-Shade selection. Although I believe I am neutral, the Warm 1-2 Porcelain/Light Ivory seems to be a near perfect match.
-Packaging. Lovely to look at and functional pump makes getting just the right amount easy.
-The luminosity makes my eye area look bright and awake, and doesn't look horrible on the non-irritated parts of my face.

Cons:
-Consistency is runny, as could be expected with Loreal boasting it's 40% water content. It's supposed to be hydrating, but it didn't soak into my skin. It just sat on top and slightly irritated my skin.
-Luminous. Not sparkly or even shimmery, the glowy finish looks okay on the few normal parts of my face, but emphasizes the dry patches on my cheeks and my acne scars.
-Coverage. Having to do with the runny-ness, it just doesn't do the trick for me. It also sits weird on my skin. I have tried tinkering around with the application, but it always ends up emphasizing my bad areas instead of disguising them.
-Longevity. This foundation gets patchy after a few hours of wearing it. It doesn't start out looking very good on my skin, so it has nowhere to go but down. It settles poorly, making small pore holes and lines under my eyes. Also for some reason, a good chunk of the product ends up caked around my nose when I only put a normal amount there earlier.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this.. I have normal to dryish skin and I applied this many times, with a primer, setting spray, powder, etc. it NEVER set, it slid all over my face the entire day, if you touch your face the foundation comes right off. The only way I can use this foundation is to mix it with another foundation. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this 4.5 stars-it's so close to perfect. It's definitely one I'd repurchase and keep in my collection. It pretty much the opposite of my other old faithful (Revlon colorstay whipped). This one is thinner, and gives my skin the prettiest smooth look. When I first put this one, my skin looks soooo lovely. However, due to my combo/oily skin it gets shiny really fast. So usually use a mattifying spray (Urban Decay) and a powder (currently I go between ELF HD, NYX stay matte not flat, or Neutrogena shine control) and that helps significantly. But I can't get a full day out of this. I use this for times when I'm not out all day, like date night or shopping or church, but not work (I work 12-16 hour shifts). If this had more oil control and lasted longer, it would be total HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! Since I have dry skin, the dewy finish looks nice on my. I don't find it sparkley at all like a lot of people have been saying. I have pale skin and I consider it more neutral, however I got it in Warm 1-2 because the lighted shade in neutral was too dark (-.-) but the color matches flawlessly! It's really light coverage, so I usually want a little more to cover the redness in my skin, so I just mix in a little bit of my concealer and it looks beautiful. The pump is amazing, and I got it for $11 at Walmart, which I though was a great price for such a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually strongly dislike this foundation. The word lumi indicates a dewy luminous finish which is something I need being that my skin is very flaky and dry. I also got a shade or two too light which didn't help (light is better than dark but a lot of times I don't want to bronze up my face). As soon as I applied it it did not go on as smoothly as I thought it would and clings to any dry patches I have. The finish is not very luminous to me, then again I wanna glooow. It just didn't blend out as well as I thought it would and overall I was very disappointed.

Pros
Very nice packaging complete with pump
Great color selection complete with warm and cool undertones (duh true match)
Decent coverage

Cons
Did not provide quite the dewy finish I was looking for
Clung to dry patches
Looked cakey
Did not apply smoothly

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ellebells

Let me start off with that I've purchased this foundation multiple times. I do like it a lot but I also have some mixed feelings.

It has a light-medium coverage that gives off a dewy look. I love the look it gives though because it is glowy without being sparkly. It looks flawless when I first put it on but after a few hours or so, it seems to fade. This also transfers easily on clothing, and such.

The packaging is awesome. It comes with a pump! The price is a little more expensive for a drugstore foundation.

I like that there are so many shade options but I can't seem to find the one that fits me. It annoys me how shades W1-2 are the same foundation. W1-2 is too light for me, but W-3 is too dark. I really think if they came out with a W-2, it would be a perfect match!

Overall, this is a nice foundation for a glowy look, especially for a drugstore foundation, but don't expect it to be long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

I have repurchased this several times, and have been happy with it. I have gotten several comments on my skin since I have been wearing this foundation. I am currently blending a little of the W3 shade I had for my summer tan, with the N1-2 which I will use for winter.
My skin has a yellow undertone, so this is not too 'pinky' for me. I set it using a tiny dusting of Clinique's Redness Solutions yellow mineral powder. It looks ghostly when I first put it on, but
looks fine in just a few minutes, lol.

I have had some difficulties with application techniques, and have finally settled with putting this on using my fingertips. I find if I use a make up sponge it goes on too heavy/thick. A little of this goes a long way, so a bottle will last quite awhile.

I have used several Clinique foundations, and this one compares favorably to any of them. Price-wise it's much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Whit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin, so my options for a good compatable foundation IMO are quite slim. It's hard to find something that doesn't want to cling to every dry spot on my face thus making me look like a cakey dry mess. Usually anything labeled luminous or dewy is right up my alley so I was excited to test out a cheaper drugstore option (though I found this one is a tab pricer for the drugstore). First off the packaging is great, it comes in the nice glass bottle with a sturdy quality pump that always dispenses out the amount of product you want. The consistancy is very smooth and thin making it a breeze to apply and blend. I also can't smell any obvious scent to the product. The coverage is light IME but can be built up to a somewhat medium coverage. It has a very hard time covering the couple red spots I have due to broken capillaries so I do need to spot conceal those with my concealer, but it does manage to even out the surface redness in my skin nicely. I find the shade N1-2 is a great match for my light neutral skin tone (LM Silk Creme Beige Ivory) and doesn't oxidize. All that said, I'm really still on the fence about this foundation. I love it in the fact that it's fantastic for my dry skin! The formula glides on my skin seamlessly and never clings to any dry patches or spots, it really is perfect in that aspect. The finish is where my issue lies. Now I love looking glowy, dewy, and radiant but some days this foundation is just too much. The finish always looks amazing for the first couple hours but I find as the days goes on I can start to look too shiney... I almost want to say greasy. This happens to me no matter what conditions I wear it in. The temperature could be hot or freezing or I could either never left the house or had been running around all day, but no matter what it always seems to get that way. It's really strange. I'll look in the mirror and think oh my gosh I look so oily and then when I touch my face it's not but if I look at my fingers the shine transfers a little bit but where I touched still looks the same. I hope this is making sense lol! It's like whatever "lumi" particles are in the product transfer and become more apparent after some wear cause it definitely isn't oil (on my skin anyways). Somedays I kind of dig looking like that and others all I can think about is how I can't wait to take my makeup off. So yeah I probably won't be repurchasing this but will keep it around for those days when I'm in a super shiney mood (sometimes you need those days with dry skin lol) or am just going out for a couple hours to the store or something. I think if you have any sort of oily to combo skin you'd probably hate this foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by DatOneChick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after I ran out of my Revlon foundation and Walmart didn't have another one in my shade. I looked through every foundation in Natural Beige but they all looked pinkish pale, this one was the only one with a yellowish tone so I went with it not to mention the bottle also grabbed my attention lol so I bought it and tried it out the next morning. It's very light compare to Revlon's but it covers nicely and Feels so smooth I don't even feel it on my face. It also has a nice glow to it, I feel extra gorgeous lol I'm really glad I ran out of my old foundation and that Walmart was out of stock or I would had never tried this one. I'm in love with it! Will definitely be buying it again.