October 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about a month ago for $14.00 in Ivory. The consistency is not like a mousse but rather pudding-like. I applied it with a stippling brush to pretty good results. Its very pink, however, and it tends to stick to dry spots and lines. The coverage when applied with the stippling brush is light/medium. I was able to layer carefully over blemishes, but it would get a little cakey looking. It lasts about 10 hours and I could not detect any change in color. Oil break through occurred about an hour in. It tends to make make any pink or red spots looks purple, which wasn't fun. Also, after about three days wear I started getting some serious breakouts. I know it was from this product because I was getting them all over my face, both clogs and cystic, where as I usually only breakout around my chin during TTOTM. I was in denial and kept using it for about 2 1/2 weeks, with my skin only getting worse. I'm disappointed, and still trying to heal my face. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have neutral skin tone. Anything pink or too yellow looks horrible on me. For the winter I use Sand Beige which is only one of 2 neutrals in this line. During the summer when I'm self tanning I wear Warm Golden (which isn't actually golden, it's pretty neutral, so don't let the name throw you off). Both match perfectly. So if you have neutral skin those are the 2 that are neither too pink or too yellow. Just fyi the Warm Golden in the regular Colorstay IS pretty yellow so I avoid that.

I have oily skin and live where it's both hot and humid as hell in the summer, and this foundation wears well. I have to blot about once a day with it around my nose. Other foundations I'm blotting multiple times a day. Big improvement for me.

You can apply it sheerer if you mix it with your face moisturizer or even a tinted moisturizer. And it can be built up for full coverage. I dot it on my face and then blend with my Real Techniques brush. It looks good. If you blend back and forth or in a circular motion over large pores, that will diminish the look of your pores. Wears well over sunscreen. I apply the colorstay powder on top with a kabuki brush.

I don't have a very sensitive nose so this smells like nothing to me.

I've also found that as the day goes on the foundation stays on very well, but actually looks more natural, but not oily, just more like nice skin! So it actually looks better the longer you wear it. There is no oxidation with this product.

I guess I'm not picky about the jar. I just wash my hands and tap my clean fingertips into it and then apply a couple dots on my face, and blend with my brush. If your extremely acne prone I suppose the fingers in a jar may be an issue, idk, but you could use something small to dip a bit of this out. This has never broken me out though.

It doesn't dry as fast as the regular colorstay and is not as matte or cakey looking either. I don't even feel this on my skin. It's not heavy, oily or drying.

To remove, I wet my face, apply baby oil and massage for a bit, remove the baby oil with a wet washcloth and then use my Cereve Foaming cleanser after that, and then my regular nighttime skin care routine.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by secretstevie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product for the first time today after rigorously researching ingredients and reading reviews. My oily, acne prone skin is super sensitive but this formula is fragrance free and silicone based - both attributes I've had success with in the past.

I applied a thin, sheer layer all over and I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the finish is. It is a nice satin matte. I am very oily so I don't like anything with a "dewy" finish but often matte can go too matte if that makes sense. This is a really, really nice middle ground. I used a concealer brush to beef up coverage where I needed it and then applied bronzer and blush - no finishing powder was necessary.

Today was 95 degrees at 67% humidity here in Austin and immediately after applying the foundation I headed to a local brewery to meet some coworkers. We spent 3 hours hanging out outdoors in full sunlight - I definitely sweated quite a bit. When I got home and checked my mirror I was absolutely blown away - the foundation looked almost as flawless as when I first applied it. The only spot that got slightly patchy was on my chin where I currently have a small breakout - one pat of the finger blended foundation back into place. Even my bronzer (Lancome Star Bronzer) and blush (NYX Creme blush) had stayed put - they are usually the first things to wear off my skin.

The biggest win was that considering I sweated in direct sunlight for over three hours as soon as I cooled down the shine went away completely - it was right back to the original satin finish. This is probably my first skincare product review online ever, I am just that impressed with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jadaite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation again is a little on the heavy side, but it gives great coverage! I used the original colorstay for years but when they changed the formuia I decided to try the colorstay whipped creme makeup. I also use the Kat Von D foundation but I find that this is just as good with a fraction of the cost. If you have a combination skin or if your skin is on the dry side, this would suit you well but if your skin is oily, this stuff might separate a little by mid morning. I am not too concerned the packaging as it last all day for me, so I just apply it once in the morning and it last for a good 8 hours. I don't have oily skin, so I love this product and I love the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by emmapeel111

I'm so pleased with this product. I agree with other opinions, packaging: the jar is not exactly comfortable to carry around, but I apply a small amount of it on my skin and spread it gently and it looks fresh, smooth and almost glows all day long. It adds a luminous effect than in other foundations I don't notice. My skin looks flawless.
I'll buy it again and again until...oh yes, until they change it for a new product...with new tones.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. I will be buying it from now on. Paired with Monistat anti chaffing gel, it lasts allll day and I dont get oily at all which I tend to do at the end of the day. Its not thick or cakey. Perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by caitlinmacleod

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product for 245 baht when it was on sale at Boots after testing out 3 of the available colour choices. I bought mine in the shade Buff Chamois (150). You do get quite a lot of product in the jar!

I love the consistency and pigmentation of the product - very creamy and silk like (although I wouldn't describe it as whipped). It's good coverage with only one layer, and if you want even better coverage, it is easy to layer and doesn't become cakey. The colour matches my skin really well, it's absolutely AMAZING!

I use my product mostly under my eyes and on my blemishes for school, maybe applying to more areas on the weekend. It stays put for the whole time I'm at school (bearing in mind I live in Thailand - super humid, sweaty and hot). It does crease slightly under my eyes if I don't use a setting powder. If I apply this to other areas of my face, I do find it makes me a little oily, possibly bring out a spot, but I just tend to avoid using this on the areas of my face I know it will make me oily and spotty:P

The packaging is both annoying and useful - a big chunky glass jar thingy. Awkward and large to fit into a makeup bag, but it can sustain the rough and tumble of being in a handbag or being dropped (I'm very clumsy:P).

The worst for last, THE SMELL. Oh dear, if only this thing smelled good. I don't know if it's just my nose, but I really, really, REALLY dislike the scent of this product. I'm pretty sure there is no added scent - but whatever it is, it smells like chemicals and menthol. I seriously have to stop breathing through my nose when I apply this because the smell is GROSS.

Overall, really nice product with good coverage and nice texture, just a shame about the bulky packaging and the chemical smell. It's not perfect for my skin type but it's perfect for my skin colour and it does it's job well. I would recommend this to people who don't wanna splurge - and despite it's flaws, I will be purchasing this again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Add more shades. Specifically more yellow undertones. The shade I got was natural tan and it matched me pretty good. Definitely a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation is so smooth, so damn smooth. So soft and I love it. Very easy to apply with your fingertips. Everything about this is great, it just needs more shades available.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely full coverage. It hides flaws amazing and since it's so thick, I never had problems with it with my oily skin. The packaging is very heavy and not the best for traveling. Since it's cremey, gel like, it'll move around a lot, get all over the jar, and even the lid of this was smashed in my suitcase once causing a huge mess. It's very thick, so it hide my pores very well too. It is a bit more expensive compared to other drugstore foundations, but it's worth the extra $$. I hated the liquid colorstay formulas because they were too wet, and not enough coverage, so I would chose this one over the other ones any day.
Some cons are 1) it was a little too thick and transferred terribly. If you rub against something, it'll leave a mark! 2) It felt sticky on my skin. Doesn't work well with setting powder. 3) feels a bit heavy on the skin. 4) Lastly, the main reason this isn't my favorite foundation is because since it's so pigmented, it is SUPER obvious you are wearing makeup. My friend compared it as "looking like you're wearing a wax mask, that you can just peel off." It photographs well since it looks so flawless, so I save it for important events. Definitely not an everyday, natural foundation but still one of my favorites :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Laila667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I hated this foundation but it has now become my absolute favorite. I wore the original colourstay for several years but gave it up after the formula was changed to be more sheer. I found even with my super oily skin the original aged me while the whipped formula makes me look younger.

I agree with other reviewers that say this looks better throughout the day, at the end of a 10 hour workday (with lots of stress) this stuff still looks amazing. This is a great foundation for those with oily skin that want to look fairly matte but not lifeless. I do have to blot throughout the day but oil doesnt seem to cause this to separate or rub off.

On me, this foundation seems to fill in my pores making them less visible and covers acne scars well(concealer is still needed). It provides an airbrush effect, blurring imperfections. As with pretty much all longwearing makeup, you need to make sure you completely take this stuff off at the end of they day or you probably will end up with clogged pores.

Cons: this(and the original) has a horrible colour selection. If you have yellow toned skin the best you can expect is a neutral shade and if you have a deep skin tone you have no options. I would say that the whipped formula is less pink based than the original.
The product is very thick and it can be hard to put on a thin layer but it does blend very well.
As a germaphobe, I am not a huge fan of dipping my finger in the jar to get the product, but with how thick this is, I dont believe a pump or bottle would work.