October 1, 2014 | 1645 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely full coverage. It hides flaws amazing and since it's so thick, I never had problems with it with my oily skin. The packaging is very heavy and not the best for traveling. Since it's cremey, gel like, it'll move around a lot, get all over the jar, and even the lid of this was smashed in my suitcase once causing a huge mess. It's very thick, so it hide my pores very well too. It is a bit more expensive compared to other drugstore foundations, but it's worth the extra $$. I hated the liquid colorstay formulas because they were too wet, and not enough coverage, so I would chose this one over the other ones any day.
Some cons are 1) it was a little too thick and transferred terribly. If you rub against something, it'll leave a mark! 2) It felt sticky on my skin. Doesn't work well with setting powder. 3) feels a bit heavy on the skin. 4) Lastly, the main reason this isn't my favorite foundation is because since it's so pigmented, it is SUPER obvious you are wearing makeup. My friend compared it as "looking like you're wearing a wax mask, that you can just peel off." It photographs well since it looks so flawless, so I save it for important events. Definitely not an everyday, natural foundation but still one of my favorites :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Laila667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I hated this foundation but it has now become my absolute favorite. I wore the original colourstay for several years but gave it up after the formula was changed to be more sheer. I found even with my super oily skin the original aged me while the whipped formula makes me look younger.

I agree with other reviewers that say this looks better throughout the day, at the end of a 10 hour workday (with lots of stress) this stuff still looks amazing. This is a great foundation for those with oily skin that want to look fairly matte but not lifeless. I do have to blot throughout the day but oil doesnt seem to cause this to separate or rub off.

On me, this foundation seems to fill in my pores making them less visible and covers acne scars well(concealer is still needed). It provides an airbrush effect, blurring imperfections. As with pretty much all longwearing makeup, you need to make sure you completely take this stuff off at the end of they day or you probably will end up with clogged pores.

Cons: this(and the original) has a horrible colour selection. If you have yellow toned skin the best you can expect is a neutral shade and if you have a deep skin tone you have no options. I would say that the whipped formula is less pink based than the original.
The product is very thick and it can be hard to put on a thin layer but it does blend very well.
As a germaphobe, I am not a huge fan of dipping my finger in the jar to get the product, but with how thick this is, I dont believe a pump or bottle would work.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been on the hunt for a holy grail foundation that will help with my oily skin and sebaceous filaments. At first, I absolutely loved how this product smoothed over my skin and make my skin look flawless. After about 3 hours, though, it started separating on my face and looking very blotchy. I used both a silicone based primer, and finishing powder to try to get this product to stay, but it just likes to slide all over :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tisahanifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this before few years ago by influence of YouTube beauty vloggers, but I got put off by how messy the packaging can get no matter how careful I am. I picked it up again this year because I live in a humid country and was so frustrated about foundations for oily skin, so I went back to Revlon (this one and the Colorstay) and was immediately impressed (again). This foundation feels thick, because of its texture but can be sheered out when mixed with moisturizer. The best part of this foundation is that it wears out beautifully at the end of the day - when you first apply it you might not see its significance, but when you look in the mirror at the end of the day (no touch ups), it looks like skin (but better!). This is my current HG foundation, the only damper is the packaging. Yes it looks expensive, but for travel, it is pretty heavy and the packaging is so much bigger than the actual content of the product. Verdict: love!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the original revlon colorstay. I am very fair skinned and have a tough time finding anything to match my skin. I have a lot of pink and redness and need a yellow foundation to correct that. Colorstay Buff is the perfect shade. For some reason though, it doesnt transfer over well into the whipped. I dont like the formula texture and the color isnt yellow enough. Major flop!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I bought this in Buff while I am a nc 20-25 in MAC. The shade is perfect for my yellow undertoned olive skin!! I wore this yesterday during a concert outside in 80 degree weather with pouring rain, and my skin still looked beautiful with this on! The color really does stay. And I love the whipped creme formula and how it feels so smooth and soft on my skin. Will b repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I have very dry skin, and HATED the original Revlon ColorStay Foundation because it made my skin look super dry and patchy, so I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not I'd like this one. It's pretty full coverage, so I typically only wear it when I need more coverage, but I like that I have found a drug store foundation that I like that is full coverage!! It's super thick and sets fairly quick so I found the best way to apply it is to place small dots on the side of my face that I'm working on and blend it out with a kabuki brush. I think that if I were to apply it all over my face at once, by the time I got to buffing it all into my skin, it'd be too dry to maneuver. I think the color range is awesome as well. My only complaint is the packaging! It looks super nice but I don't like having to dip my fingers in when I need to get the product out. Not a big enough deal to stop me from repurchasing though! Sooo if you're a dry skin girl like me, I'd definitely pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by whorific

I bought this because my dry skin did not like the revlon colorstay liquid which came off cakey and dry-looking on me. The coverage of this foundation is medium and can definitely build up to a full without caking up.

I found that for me, the best way to wear this is to mix it with a bit of moisturiser, it looks more fresh on the skin and it still provides amazing!!

Finally, this last me all school-day long and what surprises me the most is that it doesn't transfer at all on anything (or anyone ;) what so ever!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

The only reason why I am giving this a 3 because this is the only foundation that I've ever tried that doesn't oxidize on me!!!! (Knock on wood) this foundation is a medium to full coverage for me , and I do have a ton of acne scarring hear and there mostly on my cheeks. The packaging is cute but it's Unsanitary , the price is also a lol too high for a drugstore foundation .the finish is beautiful it's a nice satin finish and once it sets on ur skin (no powder) it still has that nice glow but it first budge. It doesn't get me oily at all and I have oily skin , especially when I wear a primer and powder it seriously is shine free for hours and hours I swear !!!! The one thing I really really really can't stand , and if it wasn't for this I would give it a 5 , the color selections..... REVLON YOU NEED TO ADD MORE YELLOW TONED AND DARKER FOUNDATIONS!!!!!! I swear if they carried more yellow undertones foundations like loreal , this foundation would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please call Revlon ad let them know that we need to add more yellow toned foundations and darker for my darker sisters. If they see that we keep complaining they will add them to the collection . Over all this is a great foundation i tried every thing from high end low end foundations , nothing worked as good as this . In mac I'm an nc 20-25

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Saying that I never really like the Colorstay liquid for its stark matte and cakey finish, this one faired better in my books. It lasts a good 8 hours if not more on me, and yes, over time gets a nice gradual glow to it. I use my Eco tools custom coverage buffing brush, and use a scoop of this on my face, blends wonderfully and gives a glowy satin finish. It does set odd and truely sits on the skin so that is wierd but oils dont peek through so whatever. It has a medium to full coverage, only con is that the shades are NOT WARM! I am a NC40 in mac and 'Natural tan is my PERFECT shade except its freaking pink so I look grey! I am extremely yellow toned and wish they could bring out more shades of this! Also the color through the glass looks 3-4 shades lighter than what it actually is, so pick a shade that is really light for you not exact. Revlon please introduce warm undertones, till then I will not repurchase