December 19, 2014 | 1414 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation on and off for the past 2.5 years. I have to say that I keep coming back to it, because it is the only decently priced foundation that doesn't break me out. I always experiment with others, but this is my "safe" foundation. I have worn this through two pregnancies, and my skin is starting to change and become more dry so I may have to change pretty soon :(.

Pros:
+ For the price, you get a lot of product.
+ Doesn't break me out.
+ It is nicely pigmented.
+ A little goes a long way, and the foundation covers nicely.
+ Doesn't oxidize on my skin.
+ Long-wearing.

Cons:
+ Packaging is bulky and inconvenient.
+ Packaging is unhygienic.

Overall, I love it and I have gone through 5 or so jars of it. The packaging is annoying but I usually just dab a clean finger in there to grab some product and put it on the back of my hand, similar to the liquid formula Colorstay.

Another good thing about Revlon is the sales and coupons - take advantage of them if you're scared to try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

Love the creamy whipped texture of this foundation. The best way of applying is with your fingers, the warmth from your hands just helps melt the product into your skin, appearing oh so flawless. However, I don't like how it comes off in pictures :( looks pasty and washed. In person thou, superb. I use color natural tan 370, maybe i should go a littler warmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Edit*: A kind reviewer informed me there is salicylic acid in this, and that's why it makes me feel so awfully dry.

Okay, so I've been a colorstay girl for years. I ALWAYS want to leave, but after I buy a new high end foundation, I inevitably come back. And then I curse myself for ever waisting the money...

My skin is dry yet acne prone (won the genetic lottery, I know) and although mixing the regular colorstay with my shea moisturizer provides the best effect, I hate to say this whipped cream version LOOKS good, but my god I feel so freaking dry it makes me want to claw at my skin. Even after layering on rosehip seed oil (my HG). It honestly feels like a mask. I wonder if mixing it in a 50/50 ratio with a normal moisturizer would work... but the problem is I don't use my Positively Radiant Aveeno moisturizer anymore. That moisturizer mixed into Revlon colorstay ALWAYS LOOKED AMAZING. But sadly, I became more health conscious and didn't want to keep slathering my face in chemicals and endocrine disrupting soy products so I stopped this a few years ago. Now I only use products with natural oils and/or raw Shea face lotion from Chagrin Valley. You can mix in the latter, but only so much because the natural oils can make you look like a slip in slide.

Hence my search for a new day time moisturizer (that won't break me out or make me look like an oil slick) and my new search for a foundation also continues.

Ugh. I want to love this so much. Maybe I'm just having my first real reaction to a product ever? I mean, I've used the regular Revlon Colorstay for years... and that can totally feel too dry without mixing it with a moisturizer. But this seriously feels so tight and itchy. I can't wait to wash it off. Again, maybe I'll feel differently if I find a good moisturizer to mix it with though.

I'm giving it 4 stars because the look is a good medium-full, and I would totally wear it if I didn't feel like I was wearing uncomfortable clown makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Kw153028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It is long lasting and looks very smooth on the skin. For dry skin it just glides right over my dry patches. There are a few complaints: the packaging is very bulky and after I had been using it for a while the cap started cracking on the inside, so it would close, but the cap would come off if I just grabbed it. The shade range is terrible as well, I wear the darkest shade (caramel) in the summer which is comparable to nc42, so if your any darker you won't find a shade. This shade is also very yellow as well. I had too blend it quite a bit to make it work for my cool undertone skin. The shade rich ginger is my usual shade and is very pretty and works nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mrsyunyun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find that this matches my NC30 skin very well. If you're having problems with it blending in, use your fingers to apply. I had no luck with a brush or sponge but it melts right into my skin with my fingers. It's true that in sunlight the color has a faint taupeish cast but I find that if I use a powder to set that matches my skin tone on top instead of a translucent powder this isn't a problem. Blush and bronzer also fix this problem for me so I don't look flat. I like the finish it gives me--dewy and natural. I am not a big fan of the big glass pot it comes in or the smell so I subtracted one lippie. I love that it doesn't cake up in the lines of my face. I'm 30 but I have dry skin and a lot of foundations cling to my dry patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by VerbanaLight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Update on the yellow issue: I wore a gray top on an overcast day, and Sand Beige did look slightly gray. I'm sad because it holds its own against my yellow inside the house and when it's sunny, but I don't want to confine myself indoors or run inside when the clouds come in just for my foundation!

I'm like the 10th person here now in the NC30ish range to complain about the gray or pink cast in many shades, so if you fall into this category and are a banana too, please don't be hard-headed like me. Skip this and try something else. The best affordable yellow I've found is Mehron's Eurasia Japonese and Eurasia Light. Japanese is crazy yellow but blends in well with my neck! Loreal's true match in W4.5 looks really yellow in swatches, so that might work if you are not too oily.

Previous review: I'm NC30-35 and have a lot of yellow in my neck and chest. I was so relieved to find Sand Beige--it has a strong yellow undertone! Trust me, I know what it's like to feel frustrated by pink or gray casts from umpteenth bottles of drugstore foundations! Another reviewer here called Revlon and was told this and Warm Golden (a tad too dark for me) were the two yellow shades. Don't be alarmed though if it goes on gray--it takes an hour for the color to fully develop for me, like others have reported.

Based on other NC35 reviews, I also tried Natural Tan, but it was too dark as well. I wear Golden Beige in the liquid version. I like the liquid version better because it makes my skin look soooo good, but the whipped is better for when I just want to slap something on with my fingers.

I like this foundation, but I do get shiny after only three hours, so a mattifier and powder are a must for me when wearing this.

Buy from CVS so you can exchange for other shades/return wrong shades. Their return policy is a godsend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it could replace the liquid version seeing as how that one is a gift from the heavens and all
but this just sucks.

It really does. I can't believe stores here are selling it for almost 20 dollars because its not even worth half that. This is like some weird mutated colorstay wannabe.

Not only does it look like makeup, (no matter how much you put on it looks cakey) it doesn't even stay on more than 5 hours or so. The wear time is even less with a primer (actually), and the coverage is...well it's not too bad but it's nothing compared to it's liquid counterpart. Oh yeah, and it looks ugly. Did I mention that? It looks so strange, like greyish yet like heavy foundation at the same time.

So no makeup-alley, I would not repurchase this, I don't even want to look at it because I'm sad I wasted 20 dollars on junk. I could of bought 5 happy meals instead. Now that would've been money well spent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ImUrAddiction

I love this formula. The coverage is awesome and the product goes on smoothly! I purchased early tan which seems to fit me nicely; a bit too beige for my skin since I have yellow undertones BUT I still love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation overall . The product is good quality. Despite its thickness, It's goes on smooth and blends into my skin beautifully.. It's a satin finish, not matte or anything. So it looks natural. It's a medium coverage but it's buildable. It doesn't look cakey. It doesn't have too much of a smell.

It says 24 hours of wear but I don't know who would wear it for that long. I bartend at a nightclub so I work pretty long hours. I'll put this on at 3pm and leave work around 4am and it still looks perfect. I do recommend setting this with a light powder. Definitely nothing heavy.. I use elfs HD powder and it works great. Sometimes My true match blending powder.

I've tried about 3 different shades but warm golden matches me the best (NC30) however it's still no match for my obnoxiously strong yellow undertones .. Close enough though

The packaging is a bit bulky .. Try not to hurt anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fair to light skin with yellow undertones and the color 200 Sandbeige blends right into my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin and this makeup feels so soothing and light and I have not had any issues with itching, irritation, rashes or redness with this product. A little, and I mean a little, of this foundation, goes a very long way. It comes in a glass jar with a screw on top and a plastic cover underneath the top that covers the foundation in the jar. Unlike other reviewers who reported a scent to this product, I could not find a scent, which was a relief since I tend to be allergic to scented foundations. I've used high end foundations in the past until I developed an allergy to them and my skin began to get drier. I'm really impressed with the coverage and staying power of this foundation. I found that the foundation covered up any redness and evened out my skintone. It can be built up from light to full coverage depending upon how many layers you apply. I like to apply it with a flat top synthetic makeup brush such as either the Sigma F80 or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I get an airbrushed look. I use the ybf primer after my moisturizer has absorbed into my skin and then I gently tap my brush onto the plastic cover that is over the glass jar containing the foundation. I find that the plastic cover usually has enough foundation on it for at least several applications. The brush picks up enough product so that I can gently stipple and swirl the foundation onto my face and work it into the rest of my face. I set it with either ELF's HD loose powder or the It Bye-Bye Pores Powder with a stipple brush and I'm ready to apply the rest of my makeup. This foundation lasts all day, which for me means a good 10 hours or so without fading or caking. The finish is a satin matte which you can set with powder and you will have a skinlike look. I love it and don't mind that it comes in a glass jar - this means I will be able to use it until the last drop. Since I use just a little, I wonder when I will run out. But, if I do, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No