Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

This is the best drugstore foundations out there if not one of the best in general. I used this a couple years ago and stopped to try other things but now I am back using this again and I don't know why I strayed. It truly lasts all day and I love the coverage. It never looks heavy but is still matte and blurs imperfections. I use a beauty blender with this and it works great. I work long days and I find this stays on all day with a setting powder. The only thing is make sure you remove it thoroughly at night or it could cause breakouts if you don't.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This really covered my acne scars! I have been searching literally everywhere for a foundation that covers those pesky red and purple marks that a previous bout of acne left me, i have come to the realization that whipped, aired, moussed etc. formulas work better at really covering color imperfections than liquid foundation, this whipped creme in particular gave me the smoothest results! When you apply it i feel like it adheres directly to the skin, but yet it doesnt clog my pores( been using it for almost 2 weeks and havn't had a breakout), above all the best thing about this foundation is that it looks gorgeous in pictures unlike other brands which appear grainy and dry especially with flash photography. i have been constantly switching between foundations but finally feel like i have found the ONE! Lol,

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use foundation daily to cover up my imperfections, following a powder and all other makeup so finding a good foundation is very important to me. The reason I am switching is because my old foundation started to break me out.

I found this whipped and I am not too impressed with it. Maybe just the fact that it is too thick and really adds a hefty layer on top of your skin. Second it wipes off easier than any other foundation I have tried, what I mean is if I even so much as rub against my bf's shirt it will leave a smear of makeup there. -_-

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this product for a few months and it is definitely the best foundation I have purchased from the drugstore at the moment. That said, there are still some things about this foundation that are of course not perfect. For start I am very pale, like actual Caspar The Friendly Ghost status. The lightest shade I was able to find was Buff and it looks quite yellow and slightly too dark on my skin though as it's currently just leaving the Summer months I am able to work with it but as soon as my skin goes to it's extreme ghost color I know it will be way too dark for me personally.
As for the actual consistency and how it looks on the skin I must say it's absolutely gorgeous! Though I would forewarn you it generally looks better the longer you have it on from what I've noticed which I assume just means it takes a bit longer to set than other foundations but I'm not sure. Also it doesn't cling to any dry patches that I have but anywhere on my skin where I sweat or anything it can begins to move around and transfer quite a bit so I usually set mine with a little of the Stay Matte powder from Rimmel and the Urban Decay setting spray and it does just fine.
Overall I would say if you have normal to dry skin, even really dry would probably do well with this foundation but I will forewarn you that the shade Buff can be a bit on the yellow side for any pale people like me. Combination skin might be able to get away with this but I don't know if I would go as far as to recommend this to someone who has oily skin, but of course the best thing to do is try it out for yourself.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After a lot of research, I bought this foundation specifically for a vacation along the Gulf Coast in July - very hot, humid conditions. My skin is dry but I need coverage and I wanted something that doesn't require setting powder. Now, it does look better with a little setting powder and that's how I wear it in my cooler home climate, but it was great on vacation. I dabbed it on over moisturizer and sunscreen, blended well and that was it. It stayed on all day as long as I didn't wipe the sweat off my face (just blotted with a cloth). It is comfortable on my skin, has no scent and I found the right shade immediately. While the glass jar is luxurious to feel, it's very bulky and I'm not fond of dipping my fingers in the jar - the product is probably too thick for a pump dispenser but a tube would be nice.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to foundation when I need coverage but I don't want to look matte or too "done up." I hated the original CS foundation but for me, the whipped version is so much better! The whipped version doesn't appear mask like and it isn't so full on coverage that it looks weird. I do need to blot when I wear this though. I've tried major HE foundations through the years and spent probably in the high hundreds buying them. I still get the itch to try something new and expensive that comes out but I will always have whipped on hand. Since switching my skincare, I have great skin now. Before, I had a lot of clogged pores, psoriasis flare ups, redness, irritation, flakes and texture issues and whipped was a lifesaver during those times. I know if I put this foundation on, I would be confident enough to walk out and look great. This foundation glides over anything without exaggerating or clinging on to flakes. Now, that my skin is about 98% calm now, I still love using this foundation.

Coverage: It covers scars from blemishes without the need for concealer. However, I have bad dark circles so for me, I still need a corrector and concealer. One layer of whipped gives medium coverage. Two layers give full coverage.

Finish: I'm oily so it does give me an almost dewy finish. The finish for me is a lot like NARS Sheer Glow. I don't particular care for true matte foundations so I do like the finish. However, I do need to blot when using this. I've been using the Rimmel #2 Primer with this and I've noticed it helps this foundation stay on a lot better.

Shades: I don't consider myself dark or tan at all. I'm medium toned olive (NC40) and one of the darkest shades available is a perfect color match (400). So, for people who have tan to really dark skin, I would imagine it would be a problem finding a good match.

Technique: I find using my fingers gives too much coverage. I dot a few dots all over my face and blend with ELF Studio Powder Brush. It gives the perfect amount of medium coverage.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I alternate between this and the Revlon color stay liquid foundation for dry skin. Both are equally amazing and are the best foundations i've ever used, even including dozens of prestige brands over the years.

This has flawless coverage that goes on medium and can be easily built to full if you have problem areas. I use an airbrush foundation brush and it works great. Once it sets to a powdery finish, it literally stays all day with no transfer to clothing, creasing, cracking, flaking, etc. The finish is matte.

Another plus, if you are pale like me, is the colorstay line actually makes a shade light enough for us! I am extremely pale with pink undertones and the lightest shade in 110 is a perfect match and is undetectable on my neckline.

Most places sell this around $12-15, which is a great value for a wonderful product. If you are not a fan of jar packaging (and this one is pretty clunky in a makeup bag), i would recommend the liquid foundation from the colorstay line as well, the only difference for me is it is more of a satiny/matte finish.

This has been a staple of mine for quite some time. It's one of the foundations I reach for on a regular basis.

First off, the color selection isn't the greatest. I use the second lightest shade, and it's not a perfect match but it's close enough. I hope they expand their color range.

I usually apply this with my finger. A brush just gets too messy because of the thick whipped texture. It's easier to get an evenly blended application with your finger. It may seem weird since it's just an open container to dip your finger into...I'm not going to lie, at times this feels unsanitary.

This stuff is definitely full coverage! It covers everything. I mean everything. That's part of the reason why I love this so much. I have yet to find another foundation that has coverage this great. Although the consistency is thick, it doesnt feel heavy. You can definitely feel it on your face, but it doesn't feel cakey at all. And you don't have to apply much! The finish is a nice demi-matte. I brush a translucent finishing powder over the top and it looks like I have a flawless complexion.

This stuff is pretty resistant to oil, won't cling to your dry patches, and stays put ALL DAY. This foundation does not budge until you take it off. And it's sweat resistant!

The only problem I have is...I do tend to break out when I use this sometimes because it clogs my pores a little. It bums me out. Sometimes I avoid using this for that very reason.

Overall, this is my drugstore HG. The coverage is great, it's resistant to oil and sweat, it's not drying or heavy, and it stays on all day. For a drugstore foundation (or any foundation in general, really) that is super impressive.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought "Medium Beige" which has yellow undertones and it was also slightly too dark on me, it doesn't look too dark though it just gives me more color. I plan on buying it in "Natural Beige" which is the shade above it and has a pinker undertone. I applied it with a sponge and it looked very nice and natural, it gives a medium-full coverage. The finish is matte but not unnatural looking, I felt like my skin looked airbrush. It didn't feel heavy or look cakey, maybe because I didn't need to use much of it since my skin problems are minor. It lasts all day and within 6 hours the tip of my nose started looking a little shiny (my nose is very oily so it's inevitable) but that was easily fixed with some powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Looked cakey no matter what I did. Tried different methods of application with no real difference in outcome. Feels drying on skin, it is lightweight. Rubbed off on clothes, smudged like it never really set. Medium coverage for me. I like the liquid colorstay better.