October 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing so much about Honey I decided I needed it in my life. But it wasn't nearly as great as I thought it would be. First of all, I was surprised to find it had shimmer in it. Nothing about the packaging made me think it would be shimmery, I really thought it would have a creme finish. The color isn't bad, it's a pretty neutral shade, even though the color on the tube looks fairly cool toned to me. Upon initial application, it looks very pretty on me, a wearable nudeish pink, however, there isn't anything about this shade that remotely resembles honey. After about an hour it transforms into a bright pink on my lips and looks nothing like the color on the packaging. I don't like bright pinks, if I did, I would buy a bright pink in the first place. It also seeps into the fine lines on my lips and after a little while makes my lips look dry and flakey. This is the third balm stain I have purchased and I haven't loved any of them, so I won't be purchasing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

First off, I love these balm stains! They are SO much easier than lipstick. Great color payoff but without the dryness of a typical lip stain. Long lasting beautiful colors, no bleeding, no smudging, no color on your teeth. I throw some gloss over it if it starts to feel a little dry. As for "Honey" it is a great neutral. It's a muted pink which looks great for everyday wear. I do like this color, the only reason I would not buy it again is because there are other colors I like better and I keep choosing to wear every day rather than this one. Honey is great for a more modest, neutral look! I just prefer a brighter pop of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip stain ! I bought the color Gothic! I had a bit of chapping on my lower lip and it stung a little. Other than that its great! I recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by phoebexhung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstain is a gorgeous colour. Even though it is a very natural, neutral colour, that is basically my lip colour but slightly darker, it draws attention from the rest of the face.
When applied, you can smell this menthol scent that's like herbal medicine which I can put up with.
Because of the chubby crayon styled packaging, it's so easy to apply and doesn't need a mirror.
It's moisturising for up to 2 hours before my lips dry out but that's how my lips are normally. I put on the Burt's Bees lip balm with pomegranate oil before applying the lip balm stain and I apply the Burt's Bees balm throughout the day to keep my lips soft and moisturised.
This lasts for aaaaaaages without smudging or settling into lines or anything. It still looks perfect after 8 hours as if I had just put it on.
For me personally, 7.99 for about 3 cm of product isn't really worth it. However, for this, I make an exception because it is a colour I would use everyday - not just sitting there in my makeup bag without being used.
This is great if you want a balm-like lip product in a very natural looking colour (and if you can spend the money without cringing)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ktmay6

Love this! I have a much more expensive lip stain and I prefer this over that name brand product. Goes on easy without me being paranoid that I will have a smudged stain on my mouth and it doesnt make my lips feel super dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually hated this product initially and regretted buying it. This shade comes off much more brown than it would seem based on the tube. The color has grown on me...a lot! While I do now like the color, it is somewhat drying...not initially but within a few hours of application my lips feel dried out and I need to put on something hydrating. Still, it is one of my go-to products for a natural/every-day lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price- Almost $8 is a little steep, but it's worth it.

Packaging- Cute and easy to use.

Shades I Own- Honey, Romantic, and Precious.

Finish- Beautiful color pigmentation. Moisturizing with very slight shimmer.

Lasting Power- It lasts me for hours if I don't eat or drink. So I usually reapply after. Once the moisture wears off, it leaves behind a gorgeous stain.

Other- My lips are quite small so it can be a little tricky with a crayon to stay in the lines.

Conclusion- I love this product. I use it quite a bit. I would buy more shades if well, I had more money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

These are much better than the Revlon stains. They go one smooth and last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by stella4star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've seen the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains being hyped about in the blogosphere pretty much since they were released. I was somewhat hesitant to try one for myself, as they retail for around $20 here in Australia, which is a bit ridiculous. After a lot of searching, I finally managed to find them selling for half price, and grabbed one in 'Honey'.

Pros:
- Lasts for hours and doesn't budge, even when eating or drinking. And kissing ;)
- Chubby stick shape makes application so easy. I apply this while rushing to work and don't even need a mirror
- Fairly moisturising (but I still use a lip balm underneath because my lips are extremely dry)
- The original shade when first applied is absolutely gorgeous, and the perfect MLBB shade for me. It's also very opaque, so one swipe of the stick is enough and you don't need to keep going over the same part of your lips to make the colour really pop
- Wears off evenly without leaving a ring around the lips, and doesn't settle into cracks
- Fair amount of product in the tube. Even though only about half of the tube contains product, I've been using it for about three months now and there's still quite a bit left
- Slightly minty feeling when applied. It feels quite refreshing, but wears away quickly
- Doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips. In fact, it feels quite light and balm-like (which I suppose is the point)

Cons:
- The final stain is a bright Barbie pink, which is very different from the original colour and a bit disappointing
- The balm stain itself is a little bit shiny. I'd prefer something more matte, but this could just be my personal preference
- The silver writing on the packaging came off after about a week of use, leaving the packaging looking bare and a bit cheap
- A bit pricey

Overall, I'm quite happy with this product. It feels good on my lips, lasts for ages and is a lovely, natural colour when applied. My only grouches are the final colour of the stain being way too pink, and the high price tag. I would probably purchase this again, but only if it goes on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by DanielleLSpanger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just recently got into wearing colored lip sticks. I usually just wear a neutral color such as nude or light pink but i think it's fun to experiment during the holidays and i decided to buy a dark red/burgundy color. I put on just a little bit at first to test the brightness of the shade and i instantly fell in love. I only put on a small amount, smudge on both top and bottom lip and blot with a napkin. No joke this color stays on! I even ate lunch and after it will still showing i am really amazed.