August 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by thegamerglam

this stuff is FANTASTIC. after some mishaps with hair dye, my hair was dull, lifeless, and dry. my naturally soft wavy-curly locks were reduced to a frizzy, stringy mess. i've tried many many products to give my hair the life i'd so stupidly taken away from it with hair dye, but most just weighed it down, killing any bit of curl it had. i'd been reduced to tying my waist-length hair up in a bun day after day because it was completely unmanageable.

i bought this, hoping it was everything the reviews said it is. and, it IS. i put it in my damp hair, and scrunched it a bit with my fingers, and i have soft, shiny, waves like i haven't had in years. this oil absorbed quickly, and all it left behind was softness and shine. the scent is very soft and dissipates quickly, which is great. i even slept in this, and my hair is still soft and shiny. it's so smooth. my hair hasn't been this soft in years. the fact that it makes your hair look and feel great, without weighing your hair down and making it feel sticky and letting it actually flow and behave like hair should, is what makes this magic.

i've also been struggling with a layer of impossibly frizzy hair. it never stays smooth, no matter what. even with deep conditioning, protein treatments, and even hair oils, i could still feel the frizz. it never went away or was tamed in the least. it's been there as long as i can remember, for at LEAST ten years. it extends from root to tip, almost as though it grows frizzy. very frustrating. well, i'm ecstatic to say that it's not there anymore. i don't know what this stuff did to it, but that entire layer of frizz is now soft and wavy like the rest of my hair.

garnier, i don't know what you put in this, but this is amazing. you have a real winner here. you gave me my hair back and made it beautiful again. thank you, and i will be buying this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to believe it, because I rarely use Garnier products, but I gave this a try and I do love it, because it is not greasy and absorbs quickly.
I squeeze the water out of your hair, then when it's about 50% dry, then I put this golden orange oil on my hair, smells like baby cologne to me, but it dissipates quickly, it really does seal in moisture, makes hair dry faster and gives it shine...Why pay more for other oils, when this does the job?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SkierGirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay, I saw this in the store for $5 and thought, hey, why not give it a try? My other Moroccan Oil was $59, and was very heavy and took overnight to absorb. Well, I was incredible impressed with this one! I have very, very long, straight, incredibly think brown hair, and usually anything I apply makes it look oily and gross. This one did not, and it absorbed in less than 10 minutes and make it WICKED soft and shiny!! I only apply about a quarters size amount on either side of my head from chin down, because any farther up would make it appear oily. I would not recommend it for people with shorter hair though, because after asking me how I got my hair so soft my friend decided to get some for herself (she has thinner, shoulder length hair) and she barely used any and it appeared very wet and oily. But anyways, for me, this is the best. I love it. I need more. Try it. Just do it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by yvwiya

I absolutely love love love this on my coarse curly hair. My thirsty dry hair just sucks it up, leaving my hair soft and manageable. I used to straight iron my unmanagable hair, now I add a quarter size right after shampooing and let it dry naturally. I love my curly hair again! Thank you, Garnier!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by LolaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I live in North Dakota and the winters are very cold and rough on my hair. I love this oil for reducing split ends and protecting my hair from cold, dry wind and styling damage too. After I work it into my damp hair, it absorbs right away and my hair seems sleeker, less frizzy, and not oily. I can't put it at the roots, though, because it does make my hair feel greasier than usual, but using it at the ends of my hair is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this is a great little find in the drugstores, because its MUCH better than Moroccan oil.

If you look at the ingredients alone, you will notice that Argaan Oil is earlier than in Moroccan oil.

I don't use this stuff everyday or every shower, however I do use this or Sleek and shine about once a week or once every 2 weeks to lock in the moisture and seal the hair.

Here's my tip on getting great results from this.

- Put coconut oil in your hair and sleep over night
- Next morning clarify your hair to really squeeky clean it, i use garnier clean and pure.
- Condition as usual
- After a few days when you need to re-wash your hair, do a conditioner wash..google it..its great stuff and not just for black people hair.
- Squeeze the water out of your hair and when the hair is about 50% day..put this little gem in your hair..it will seal the hair ensuring moisture from the conditioner stays in.

Message me if you need help and ideas because i have a lots of blogposts on repairing damaged hair
Livechiclove

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by PandaKat915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday oil. I love the smell and it is very light so it doesn't weight my hair down. The only con is that it doesn't work so great for my scalp during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the perfect product for my very dry, frizzy thick hair. Only a little bit of this stuff is needed and will go a long way. Much cheaper than Redken glass or Paul Mitchell skinny serum and has a tropical scent and will last a long time. One of the best drugstore hair products I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVVVEEE this stuff. I originally bought this as like a serum for my frizzy naturally curly hair. After trying it on my curly hair I hated it. It sat on the surface and my hair just looked greasy and limp. I tried it with my blowdrying and flat ironing routine and I love it. After towel drying my hair I spray in a leave in conditioner and detangle. Then I seperate my hair into 4 sections and clip off three of them leaving one free. I apply a nickle sized drop of this serum to the one section and blow dry with a round brush and a paddle brush. After doing that to all 4 of the sections. I apply a dime sized amount to each section and then flat iron. It wasn't greasy at all just very shiny and has lots of slip and movement to it. Love this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently when I ran out of my main brand of Argon Oil dry spray and at first I was unimpressed. I would mix it with my conditioner in the shower and rinse. I set it to the side and bought my normal stuff. Just a few weeks ago I decided to give this another go before tossing it. I love this now. I add it to my wet hair as soon as I jump out of the shower, before combing and I've noticed I have a lot less frizz and my hair is super soft. The smell is awesome and the price is too. I would def repurchase this.
I wanted to add: I finally figured out the smell is just like Pureology's Shamp'Oil. If you love that, you will enjoy this scent as well.