July 29, 2014 | 1184 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to believe it, because I rarely use Garnier products, but I gave this a try and I do love it, because it is not greasy and absorbs quickly.
I squeeze the water out of your hair, then when it's about 50% dry, then I put this golden orange oil on my hair, smells like baby cologne to me, but it dissipates quickly, it really does seal in moisture, makes hair dry faster and gives it shine...Why pay more for other oils, when this does the job?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SkierGirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay, I saw this in the store for $5 and thought, hey, why not give it a try? My other Moroccan Oil was $59, and was very heavy and took overnight to absorb. Well, I was incredible impressed with this one! I have very, very long, straight, incredibly think brown hair, and usually anything I apply makes it look oily and gross. This one did not, and it absorbed in less than 10 minutes and make it WICKED soft and shiny!! I only apply about a quarters size amount on either side of my head from chin down, because any farther up would make it appear oily. I would not recommend it for people with shorter hair though, because after asking me how I got my hair so soft my friend decided to get some for herself (she has thinner, shoulder length hair) and she barely used any and it appeared very wet and oily. But anyways, for me, this is the best. I love it. I need more. Try it. Just do it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by yvwiya

I absolutely love love love this on my coarse curly hair. My thirsty dry hair just sucks it up, leaving my hair soft and manageable. I used to straight iron my unmanagable hair, now I add a quarter size right after shampooing and let it dry naturally. I love my curly hair again! Thank you, Garnier!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by LolaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I live in North Dakota and the winters are very cold and rough on my hair. I love this oil for reducing split ends and protecting my hair from cold, dry wind and styling damage too. After I work it into my damp hair, it absorbs right away and my hair seems sleeker, less frizzy, and not oily. I can't put it at the roots, though, because it does make my hair feel greasier than usual, but using it at the ends of my hair is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this is a great little find in the drugstores, because its MUCH better than Moroccan oil.

If you look at the ingredients alone, you will notice that Argaan Oil is earlier than in Moroccan oil.

I don't use this stuff everyday or every shower, however I do use this or Sleek and shine about once a week or once every 2 weeks to lock in the moisture and seal the hair.

Here's my tip on getting great results from this.

- Put coconut oil in your hair and sleep over night
- Next morning clarify your hair to really squeeky clean it, i use garnier clean and pure.
- Condition as usual
- After a few days when you need to re-wash your hair, do a conditioner wash..google it..its great stuff and not just for black people hair.
- Squeeze the water out of your hair and when the hair is about 50% day..put this little gem in your hair..it will seal the hair ensuring moisture from the conditioner stays in.

Message me if you need help and ideas because i have a lots of blogposts on repairing damaged hair
Livechiclove

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by PandaKat915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday oil. I love the smell and it is very light so it doesn't weight my hair down. The only con is that it doesn't work so great for my scalp during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the perfect product for my very dry, frizzy thick hair. Only a little bit of this stuff is needed and will go a long way. Much cheaper than Redken glass or Paul Mitchell skinny serum and has a tropical scent and will last a long time. One of the best drugstore hair products I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVVVEEE this stuff. I originally bought this as like a serum for my frizzy naturally curly hair. After trying it on my curly hair I hated it. It sat on the surface and my hair just looked greasy and limp. I tried it with my blowdrying and flat ironing routine and I love it. After towel drying my hair I spray in a leave in conditioner and detangle. Then I seperate my hair into 4 sections and clip off three of them leaving one free. I apply a nickle sized drop of this serum to the one section and blow dry with a round brush and a paddle brush. After doing that to all 4 of the sections. I apply a dime sized amount to each section and then flat iron. It wasn't greasy at all just very shiny and has lots of slip and movement to it. Love this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently when I ran out of my main brand of Argon Oil dry spray and at first I was unimpressed. I would mix it with my conditioner in the shower and rinse. I set it to the side and bought my normal stuff. Just a few weeks ago I decided to give this another go before tossing it. I love this now. I add it to my wet hair as soon as I jump out of the shower, before combing and I've noticed I have a lot less frizz and my hair is super soft. The smell is awesome and the price is too. I would def repurchase this.
I wanted to add: I finally figured out the smell is just like Pureology's Shamp'Oil. If you love that, you will enjoy this scent as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a generally good product. It's an oil treatment that is absorbed into your hair almost instantly. It smells amazing. You can use it in three ways, with your conditioner in the shower, in your hair when it's damp, and after blowdrying to tame frizz.
I don't have particularly damaged hair. I do not heat style it, at all, and am trying to get my hair to full recover from a period of my life where I straightened it daily. This product, I feel like, helped, but not a lot. My hair is not overly frizzy, nor is it very dry. I just use this for the purpose of putting something hydrating in my ends. I would not recommend on dry hair, because it's easy to go overboard and get in your roots, which will make you look oily. I would recommend just smoothing a drop into your ends, either wet or dry. I will not be repurchasing for the sole purpose of trying out new products.