Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

on 8/24/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use a flat iron on my hair every single day but it has damaged my hair so I have occasionally straightened it and otherwise let it go natural due to the damage caused by the flat iron. After I showered, I applied a dime-sized drop and then a bit for my dry ends. The next morning, I woke up to shiny, soft, smooth and lightweight hair. This product didn't grease up my hair or weigh it down. I will definitely keep using this product!

on 8/22/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second moroccan argan product I have tried and I just love it! I used this in conjunction with Fructis Hydra Recharge shampoo and conditioner along with Sleek and Shine Deep Treatment. My hair has never felt this good in a long time after I have pretty much abused it with bleach. My hair is almost dead to the world but made such a difference after I applied it on my wet hair.

I let my hair air dry and I applied it again and my hair looks full and bouncy with a good amount of shine. I love the smell, and the packaging is okay too.
Will definitely re purchase.

on 8/19/2013 8:22:00 PM

I have used both this and Moroccanoil brand. I think I actually prefer the Garnier! I have fine curly hair. I apply the Garnier Moroccan sleek just to the ends of my hair. It makes my hair soft and shiny and only weighs down the frizz. Love this stuff!!

on 8/6/2013 9:38:00 PM

Wow this works! I recently started coloring my hair about a year ago because I was starting to get a lot of gray hairs(and I'm still in my 20's, it's depressing I know). And I've noticed that my hair seems to be getting more frizzy and that was never the case before. I needed something that would keep my hair soft, not frizzy and gentle on my scalp. Usually hair products that are oil or contains oil tend to make my hair fall flat and greasy but this did not! Garnier Sleek and Shine made my hair soft, not frizzy and it did not weigh it down! I will definitely keep purchasing this.

About my Hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, thinned out by salon, all over layers, scalp can be easily irritated and oily after 1 day.

on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this product based on the positive reviews here. While it may be cheap, this is not a good serum for my fine, thin hair; a tiny drop made my hair flat and greasy. The only serum my hair can handle without going flat is Moroccanoil.

on 8/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Ehh..that pretty much sums it up. Decent serum for the price and amount received. I don't really care for the smell, a powdery type. Smooths hair but there are definitely better out there.

on 8/1/2013 11:14:00 PM

Yes, yes, and yes.
This stuff is freakin' cheap and you get soo much out of it.
I use it to make my hair shinier after straightening, and it totally works and lasts all day.
The only thing I don't like is how over-powering the scent is, I mean sometimes it burns my nose! But it fades off so it's really not that bad.
I would just say get it if you want a cheap way to get your hair frizz-free and shiny!

on 7/26/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product from Walmart for a fair price after seeing it in so many fashion magazines, and thought I should give it a try. I had read many reviews on Argon oil and read about its benefits, so i thought, what's to lose? I have to say this product smells great, however it can get annoying after a while. I apply a dime size amount before I straighten my curly hair, and after a while, it feel it weighs my hair down and actually causes it to frizz. I however do like it in my natural hair, and a little does go a long way. It makes it soft and shiny, and the smell doesn't linger for too long. Overall, i wouldn't buy it again, but I don't regret the purchase.

on 7/14/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried L'oreal everstrong ovenight treatment, nutri-sleek, ojon oils, Klorane, josie maran, Moroccan argan oil and Garnier's is by far THE BEST for the price. I think I picked up a bottle for only $5, vs ojon($30) and josie maran($60) and it works WAY better for your hair too (Ojon oil is a much lighter oil and absorbs instantly, Josie Maran is more for your skin) btw I usually hate garnier products and was sceptical when first trying this

TIPS:
-This is a thick/heavy oil, a little goes a long way so use small amounts (dime sized or less) and build up to your preference, people with thin hair especially
-It goes on better on wet to damp hair

HOW I USE IT:
After washing my hair, I leave it in a towel for 10 minutes and while it's still damp I flip my head upside down & apply a dime sized amount of oil ear down. As it begins drying, depending on how my hair feels, I might add more. I also like tying it up into a bun right when it gets dry or a little before and sleep on it, when I wake up my hairs super soft smooth and manageable. Than, I'll use a thinner, lighter serum/oil/cream to smooth flyaways

CONCLUSION:
This stuff makes your hair soft, gives it so much moisture, detangles, smoothes down baby hairs, absorbs well and overall very manageable. This is the best drugstore hair oil, and cheapest too :) The smell is vanilla-y but it doesn't linger too long which is good. For reference; I have boob length, thick, dyed several times, hasn't been cut in 2 years, coarse asian hair and live in Canada's long winters

on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have fairly thick, curly hair and am of south asian descent. My curls are not like ringlets or anything, it's more of a loose curl and brushed out it just looks wavy. However, I have had problems with manageability given that my hair does get quite frizzy. This product when worked into my hair essentially calms it down. My hair feels very soft after using this, dry or wet, and it never looks greasy even when I use more than I think I need. If I use this and tie my hair up then my hair comes out looking smooth and shiny. I recommend this to anyone with my hair type. The smell is not at all obnoxious like other hair serums, in fact I think it's rather pleasant.