Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 11/8/2014 12:19:00 AM

This mascara is just meh. I don't spend a lot of time on my lashes. I'm sure if you put two or three coats of this on and kept combing it that it would look good. I just put one coat on and there are clumps, it gets a bit spidery, and I don't think it looks much better than wearing nothing at all. I have very oily skin and this smudges under my eyes by the end of the day.

Just an okay mascara that I will keep using until it's time to get a new one, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/31/2014 4:59:00 PM

This is good. Very black, goes on great, easy to apply. the brush is awesome, never clumpy. But I find I can't get my desired volume unless I layer it with other mascaras I have in my bag, which I usually do anyway, but I have others that I can use alone and get my desired look. It's good to have to layer, but it could be better for being worn alone.

on 10/15/2014 4:22:00 PM

What I like most about this mascara is the texture. After application, eyelashes are not crunchy. They feel soft. They don't flake. This is kind of a run of the mill mascara, nothing about it is particularly special, but it's good for work or lazy weekends and washes off easily. It's like the comfort food of eyelashes, it appears natural. If you're not going for a dramatic look, I would pick this. The color is a pretty good black and it lasts for a couple of hours. The brush is a very full, thick spoolie which gives it a sort of lush feel during application. I've found this one can clump because the brush is so big, so just be careful to go slow and you should be able to get full, even coverage with one coat.

on 10/4/2014 11:16:00 PM

This is a great beginner mascara. Its around $7 and is honestly one of my favorites.

on 9/27/2014 9:11:00 PM

I really notice a difference with the weight of my lashes. the brush doesn't clump like I was afraid it would

The brush on this mascara is what originally drew me to it as I love big fluffy bristle brushes on my mascaras. The gel formula doesn't seem to make much difference to me. I didn't notice it lasting any longer than any other Maybelline mascara. The brush lengthens and separates really well and gives a lot of volume. It doesn't flake off throughout the day and doesn't smudge under my eyes either. I also love the colour of the packaging as it makes it easy to distinguish from all my other mascaras.

In my opinion, this is not as good as my Maybelline Colossal Volume (my all time favourite Maybelline mascara) but is on par with the Maybelline The Falsies.

on 9/25/2014 12:03:00 AM

I love this mascara! and that says a lot cuz I am VERY picky with mascaras cuz I like a lot of other people absolutely hate mascara that gives you spider lashes and hard and stiff lashes ew. but this one gives me awsome length and volume in one sweep, even two coats look amazing without looking hard or spidery and I am in love, I have the shade "Blackest Black" and it does make my lashes nice and dark both top and bottom lashes. it comes off easily and for $7 I'm very happy. I usually very much dislike maybelline mascaras I'm a Rimmel or L'oreal kind of mascara girl but I'm glad I changed it up and try this. have already repurchased.

on 9/11/2014 3:23:00 PM

I usually love Maybelline mascaras, but this one was an unfortunate waste of money.
It did nothing to my lashes, no volume, no color, it did seperate them, but honestly i can do that myself with a lash comb.
if you're planning on buying a Maybelline mascara, check out The Rocket (bright cobalt packaging) and the well known The Collossal (with it's unmissable yellow package) they are so much better then this one.

on 9/11/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras, but this one is really good! It looks very natural, never clumps and I always apply 2-3 coats(but I always remove the excess from the brush on a paper tissue), gives a lot of volume and definition. Really really nice!

My only cons are that when it's really hot it smudges a little and it doesn't hold a curl, but this can be solved with a very thin layer of waterproof mascara as a base.

Very good overall! A rebuy!

on 9/9/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Ooh yes, this is what we are talking about. Finally a mascara has nailed both volume and definition in one fell swoop of the aptly named plush wand. I have received many compliments when I wear this as my usually short, sparse lashes look fluffy and like they have magically tripled in number. It doesn't clump even after 2-3 coats. There is oomph factor without being vampy so I am inclined towards this for both day and night use. Removes easily with oil based remover. Holds up throughout day or night and if you need to touch up between it doesn't turn lashes spidery. My only gripe is that I have to use a barrier when applying so it doesn't smudge on my eyeshadow but that's my own fault for having stumpy, curly lashes. It's just a marvellous, all round mascara at a great price.