Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love this mascara! I currently have six Volum' Express marcaras, and I like this on the best. I love the packaging. I bought this for around five dollars at my Superstore. I bought it in black, and the pigmentation really lasts. The brush is nice for my lashes, although the brush is too large for my lower lashes, but I don't mind much. It doesn't clump on me, nor does it smear. It smells like a traditional mascara. I will totally repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Doesn't give the volume I expected. The pro is that it doesn't flake or clump but definitely does not give the volume advertised. I also purchased the Plush purple color along with the black and the purple doesn't even show. In the tube it looks kind of lilac but on the lashes does not have color payoff. Pretty disappointed :(

on 7/14/2014 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bought this with the hope it'll add volume to my lashes, as advertised but there's nothing "mega plush" about this mascara. It doesn't really do anything negative or positive. It doesn't clump or smudge or flake but it doesn't add volume (it lengthens a bit) and the blackest black shade isn't black enough. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used but I certainly don't recommend it unless you want a subtle, everyday look.

EDIT: I've been using it more lately and decided I do like it. It still doesn't give the volume I want but I like how it makes my lashes look.

on 7/14/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this... It gives my lashes extra length from the start but just gotta apply some extra coats for more volume.. And best of all IT DOES NOT CLUMP so apply away

on 6/27/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara doesn't work for me. It left my lashes clumpy and without volume. It has a bad smell that reminds me of super cheap mascaras in the '80s... Will not repurchase.

it dryed out and clumpy really fast and the applicator is too big and awkward to use.

on 6/23/2014 2:34:00 PM

Ok mascara. I prefer my jordana best lash extreme mascara. Too much smudging. At least it leaves my lashes soft. Will not repurchase

on 6/20/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I keep trying more expensive mascaras but end up coming back to this one. I HATE stiff eyelashes and find they clump up when I try to apply several coats. I know this says it's for volume, but it does a great job lengthening for me too! I wear contacts and suffer from seasonal allergies, but this has never caused any irritation. Also, this dries pretty fast, so smudges are rare. Love it!

on 6/19/2014 6:09:00 AM

Loved this from the moment I used it. No flaking, no clumps, and no smudges or running.
Tone it down for work or school or build it up for big lashes for a special event. Glides on reasonably easy and you don't have to tug at your lashes to use it. The wand isn't gooey and you don't have wipe off excessive amounts. It comes off pretty easy in the shower and with makeup wipes.
Only problem for me was the smell, if you have used One by One before you will know what I mean. The smell of this mascara is quite pungent. Don't let that turn you off because this is a really good product and would recommend it to anyone with short or thin lashes.

on 6/18/2014 8:31:00 PM

I think it works so great on me because I do have wide, big eyes. It just fans and coats my lashes beautifully, I'm very much addicted to it. That being said I do not advice you use this on your bottom lashes or if you have small eyes/short lashes. It's a big, fluffy brush that can get on the skin and transfer. The entire Volum' Express line has yet to disappoint me.