July 29, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay LipColor

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by DarleneN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in the Revlon colorstay. I purchased Opulent Garnet and though it did stay creamy, bled into my lip lines even with my usual concealer and came off on my drinking glass after it had been on for over an hour. Guess I'll go back to Cover Girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was BOGOF at Ulta. I chose the fig color. It stays on for the most part, I did need to reapply at times (after a long time of wear) but overall I was satisfied. Not goopy or drying, a huge plus/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by miche99

This review is for the NEW and IMPROVED Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick with SoftFlex. It just came out last week and only got on Revlon's website Thursday. They had a new display set up in CVS with some of the colors (maybe 8 or 10) and all revlon lipsticks were BOGOF, so I thought, Why not!! Well, I bought Mocha silk. It is a lovely brown with hint of pink with only a smidge of shimmer (and I usually hate shimmer). I put it on, and it did not feel like the old colorstay at all. And unlike the overtime lipcolor, there was no topcoat to apply. At first a little came off of my glass, but then nothing else came off. I looked at it hours later and it looked like i just applied. I have worn it several days now.. and i really like it. It feels good, and the color is very nice.
My HG has always been Faithful Fawn in the Overtime lipcolor. To me the color of the new Mocha silk is close to it, but a little darker. I will try it for a bit longer and update, but so far, I am loving the new formula.
My sister, also a overtime lipcolor wearer tried it this weekend and also loved it. I will wait till the rest of the colors come out in stores, then will try another color (perhaps lighter). Just watchout, some look really shimmery/glittery in the tubes, and be sure to look at the actual lipstick for the color, the little stickers on the bottom are always off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2006 10:20:00 PM More reviews by emilka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 lippies for staying power, 1 lippie for color choice. So far I love only Plum and Slate. Most of the colors doesn't look good on my LLL complexion. Too orange. But Slate is perfect. Cool, matte, greyish mauve color with slightest silver shimmer (almost invisible that's why I love it). Unfortunately this shade is discontinued since I can't find it anywhere. (PLEASE, email me if you find similar shade, please!)Generally I like only creame and matte formulas. They aren't very easy to find though. Staying power is great, and probably this is a reason these lipsticks are a bit drying. Plum is gorgeous and rich plummy/burgandy color. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These days it's very difficult finding matte lipsticks. I do not like anything shiny on my face. Lately I have rediscovered my Colorstay lipstick in Ruby. It's a very beautiful red lipstick that stays put. And it's matte! One of my faves, and I have several.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently re-purchased this in Flesh, a nice neutral midtone rose, because I was tired of the way indelibles felt and looked - the drying, puckered up skin look alot of them leave my lips looking. And I'm tired of the way glossy lipsticks and just plain glosses slide all over my mouth, my cup, my fork, my anything they would come in contact with - I haven't bought one of these for years, so decided to go back and give it another go - and was pleasantly surprised at how nice this felt and looked. I've found them at several stores here, after a disappearance, so they may have released them again, just wish they would do a redesign on the packaging, and remind women again that this option exists. A longwearing, satin or matte finish lipstick that has a silcone base. For a sheerer, more moisturizing finish, I can use lipbalm underneath. Will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

There were no testers and the colour I selected was quite bright. But it turned up to be super duper neon bright in reality. I could not understand what type of skin colour can take that colour.

So I decided anyways to tone down the colour with lip balm. But the product gave me a lip irritation (which has never occured to me). It just gave a werid tingling sensation when applied. Scared me. Gave the expensive product away. Boo Hoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this one in "Earth", and my only complaint is how dry my lips feel after a few hours. Use chapstick underneath to ease the dryness, but otherwise it is a great long-wear lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Legolas2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They have a good selection of colors. I bought Dusk and it suits me perfectly. I don't use lipstick that often but I like this one and it's the only one I own and plan on owning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kstahler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorstay Cocoa is the perfect red-tan for me. Not too bright, not too dark, not too red, not too brown. Great for daytime.

I had bought up a lot whenever I saw them on sale or had a coupon and am sad to see that the line was discontinued. I guess the matte lipsticks are out, but I am a fuddy-duddy and love the non-glossy look and the stay-put color. I have long hair and can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lipsticks, yuck!

I don't think the color looks anything like cocoa, and I agree that the packaging needs an update, but sheesh, they just discontinued everything. I don't even find these that drying. I will seek out a few more from ebay, etc.