Revlon Colorstay LipColor

3.7

on 9/28/2006 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in Raisen which looks like a perfect brown nude shade. And it does come close to being that perfect shade I am always looking for, UNTIL about 10 minutes go by, and then it turns on me-- into that horrible bright plum-purple.

I have had other lipsticks do this to me, most notibly Estee Lauder lipsticks, so it may be something odd in my chemstry. This one does it more than any I have tried.
It goes on like a slippery gel, cool and wet feeling, and takes about 5 minutes to dry. Then it leaves a stain which would be OK if it were that nice nude-brown shade it starts out to be. But my lips turn garrish and frightening, a loud red-purple. Too bad because the color does last for several hours.

on 9/26/2006 7:34:00 PM

Very disappointed in the Revlon colorstay. I purchased Opulent Garnet and though it did stay creamy, bled into my lip lines even with my usual concealer and came off on my drinking glass after it had been on for over an hour. Guess I'll go back to Cover Girl.

on 8/3/2006 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was BOGOF at Ulta. I chose the fig color. It stays on for the most part, I did need to reapply at times (after a long time of wear) but overall I was satisfied. Not goopy or drying, a huge plus/

on 7/24/2006 9:00:00 AM

This review is for the NEW and IMPROVED Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick with SoftFlex. It just came out last week and only got on Revlon's website Thursday. They had a new display set up in CVS with some of the colors (maybe 8 or 10) and all revlon lipsticks were BOGOF, so I thought, Why not!! Well, I bought Mocha silk. It is a lovely brown with hint of pink with only a smidge of shimmer (and I usually hate shimmer). I put it on, and it did not feel like the old colorstay at all. And unlike the overtime lipcolor, there was no topcoat to apply. At first a little came off of my glass, but then nothing else came off. I looked at it hours later and it looked like i just applied. I have worn it several days now.. and i really like it. It feels good, and the color is very nice.
My HG has always been Faithful Fawn in the Overtime lipcolor. To me the color of the new Mocha silk is close to it, but a little darker. I will try it for a bit longer and update, but so far, I am loving the new formula.
My sister, also a overtime lipcolor wearer tried it this weekend and also loved it. I will wait till the rest of the colors come out in stores, then will try another color (perhaps lighter). Just watchout, some look really shimmery/glittery in the tubes, and be sure to look at the actual lipstick for the color, the little stickers on the bottom are always off.

on 5/18/2006 10:20:00 PM

5 lippies for staying power, 1 lippie for color choice. So far I love only Plum and Slate. Most of the colors doesn't look good on my LLL complexion. Too orange. But Slate is perfect. Cool, matte, greyish mauve color with slightest silver shimmer (almost invisible that's why I love it). Unfortunately this shade is discontinued since I can't find it anywhere. (PLEASE, email me if you find similar shade, please!)Generally I like only creame and matte formulas. They aren't very easy to find though. Staying power is great, and probably this is a reason these lipsticks are a bit drying. Plum is gorgeous and rich plummy/burgandy color. Beautiful.

on 5/15/2006 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

These days it's very difficult finding matte lipsticks. I do not like anything shiny on my face. Lately I have rediscovered my Colorstay lipstick in Ruby. It's a very beautiful red lipstick that stays put. And it's matte! One of my faves, and I have several.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I recently re-purchased this in Flesh, a nice neutral midtone rose, because I was tired of the way indelibles felt and looked - the drying, puckered up skin look alot of them leave my lips looking. And I'm tired of the way glossy lipsticks and just plain glosses slide all over my mouth, my cup, my fork, my anything they would come in contact with - I haven't bought one of these for years, so decided to go back and give it another go - and was pleasantly surprised at how nice this felt and looked. I've found them at several stores here, after a disappearance, so they may have released them again, just wish they would do a redesign on the packaging, and remind women again that this option exists. A longwearing, satin or matte finish lipstick that has a silcone base. For a sheerer, more moisturizing finish, I can use lipbalm underneath. Will repurchase!

on 4/9/2006 3:37:00 AM

There were no testers and the colour I selected was quite bright. But it turned up to be super duper neon bright in reality. I could not understand what type of skin colour can take that colour.

So I decided anyways to tone down the colour with lip balm. But the product gave me a lip irritation (which has never occured to me). It just gave a werid tingling sensation when applied. Scared me. Gave the expensive product away. Boo Hoo

on 1/21/2006 1:55:00 AM

I have this one in "Earth", and my only complaint is how dry my lips feel after a few hours. Use chapstick underneath to ease the dryness, but otherwise it is a great long-wear lipstick.

on 1/15/2006 4:54:00 PM

They have a good selection of colors. I bought Dusk and it suits me perfectly. I don't use lipstick that often but I like this one and it's the only one I own and plan on owning.

Popular Lipsticks