Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 1/19/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic affordable brush that everyone should own. I use it for my liquid foundation and stick foundations.

Pros:
-very soft bristles which don't shed
-stands up on tabletop
-blends foundation seamlessly and evenly
-affordable (I bought mine on iherb, it's so much more expensive in australian stores)

Cons
Can't really name any

on 1/8/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I returned this brush. The RT Expert brush has soft, dense ,man made bristles but the fiber hairs are too compact and tight with very little give. I have found this to be the case of a few of the RT brushes.
While it performed well, I don't want a brush to be tugging at my skin like this one did.

This brush is amazing! such a high quality brush at an affordable price. I got mine for 8.99 from superdrug in the UK which included free delivery for beauty card holders. This brush is extremely soft and feels lovely on the skin. I use this for liquid foundation - either bobbi brown longwear or bourjois healthy mix. I pump the foundation on the back of my hand and then use this brush to apply it, after priming my face. It blends the foundation in seemlessly! I then use the real techniques buffing brush to apply my powder. All in all, I couldn't recommend this brush enough.

on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM

This sucker is hard and I didn't like it one bit. I have several knock off real tech brushes from ebay/China that I've purchased for $1.32 with free shipping and they were better imo. They usually arrive in 9days,the longest I've waited is 2wks and considering that my Ulta purchase from less than 200 miles away tooK 12 days to arrive, I'd be crazy to complain. These brushes are well made, dense yet soft bristles with No shedding. Minus the brand name on the handle you would never know that they were not the real deal just by looking at them.

I love this brush, gives your foundation a nice airbrush look, the brush is very sturdy and firm like I like them. I love using this brush to apply my cream to powder foundation...I've already purchased 3 of just this brush and I will continue to purchase more...

on 1/1/2015 5:32:00 PM

This is my favourite brush for applying liquid foundation (Bourjois healthy mix serum or Make Up For Ever face and body). It's dense, soft and makes applying foundation fool proof! I get one pump of foundation on the back of my hand and buff it onto my face and it provides the most beautiful, flawless coverage. I bought this off Amazon for around $10 CAD which is a total steal. The best part about this brush is that it doesn't shed and after washing, it dries overnight and is ready for use. I need to get a backup.

on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pretty disappointed with this brush.. I have very soft skin and it's sometimes sensitive. I found this brush to soak up a lot of my foundation and it didn't distribute it very easily.. I think the bristles are quite tough too ugh. I have 4 or 5 other real techniques brushes and they're all better than this one! I could use it for contouring with powder but I already have the contour brush and it's perfect, this would be too big!

on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

I have used this brush twice since I bought it. The brush is very dense and the product does not absorb into the brush. I dont find I need to use any extra foundation at all when using it. It leaves a great finish and buffs foundation in very well with minimal effort. Much better than a duo fiber stippler brush and a flat foundation brush. It gives higher coverage than both of them. It was a steal at the price aswell! will not be going further than real techniques.

on 12/26/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I loveeee this brush when I want full coverage makeup

on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

I really like this brush. It has lots of thick bristles that apply liquid foundation really, really well. I also used it on multiple occasions to apply blush which worked very well. It gave the blush a really rounded appearance. It is very high quality for $9.

Popular Makeup Brushes