Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 11/30/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't that into this brush, mainly because I was so into the buffing brush by Sam. The expert face brush is more suited to liquid foundation and creams. The buffing brush more suited to powders, HOWEVER you can use them for all, they are that versatile. The size is perfect and all foundations blend really quickly, it makes light work of everything.

on 11/27/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great brush for applying cream or liquid foundation. I also occasionally use it for cream blush.

It's dense, but not too dense so you can build the coverage up and buff as needed. It has an oval shape with a rounded top which makes it a good size for covering your entire face and also getting into all the little nooks and crannies around your nose.

I've owned this brush for over a year and with regular washing I haven't lost any bristles. I definitely recommend this if you use liquid/cream products and like using a brush to apply

on 11/24/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I typically use sponges/fingers for my TM or foundation. I tested this with my Superbalanced makeup and I found that I didn't like the application at all, it was very streaky and in no way even. I got much better results with the cheaper drugstore sponge wedges. It does pick up and absorb a lot of product.

I do find it works well for applying my MAC CCB, which I use as a blush. I have a very tightly pressed highlighting powder that it also picks up quite nicely.

For applying anything liquid I don't like this brush and will not use it for that.

on 11/20/2014 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Like all RT brushes, this one rocks beyond explanation and far beyond and above what one would expect for the price... Like all RT brushes I have purchased, this works way better for cosmetic applications it isn't advertised for.

So this is supposed to be a foundation brush? How is that - I really would like to know. It's way too small and dense for that, at lease for my fat face. While it does work for foundation and will provide a fresh flawless appearance its way more suited for "spot" foundation application, not all over. When I tried to use it for contouring, blush, and even highlighting and it worked like a charm! Somehow it manages to pick up/apply just the right touch of color, even using the most opaque products requiring major blending out. It takes the work out of applications and precision, it's awesome.

I can't in good conscious give this 5 stars because it really should be a bit bigger for use use as an all over foundation brush, which is how its advertized. But it def deserves 5 stars for quality and versatility!

on 11/14/2014 6:59:00 PM

I'm the kind of person that spends a lot of money on makeup and makeup tools. I normally stick to Mac brushes. However, after the last Mac brush was hardly amazing (too many bristles falling out) I thought I'd try something like this. I AM IN LOVE. I never reach for my Mac brushes, this is softer and I get no hairs shedding with this and it's nice to know its synthetic yet so great. Blends very evenly, feels great and is cheap. Do give it a try especially if you're on a budget.

on 11/14/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never been a really big brush girl. I had Alima and EM brushes when I went through a mineral makeup phase, then bought some Ecotools brushes, but brushes weren't something I was passionate about or thought I really needed. Plus in Australia, all the half decent brushes (MAC etc) are very expensive. Then when I discovered Pixiwoo I rethought this (and all my makeup techniques!) and bought several of the RT brushes, including the Expert Face Brush.
This is a fantastic brush that I use for applying foundation and no matter which foundation I use (I rotate through a few different liquids atm, being By Terry Sheer Expert, By Terry Cover Expert, Clinique Superbalanced and Ellis Faas), after applying and then buffing foundation in with this brush, my skin looks amazing, and dare I say, airbrushed. I use it by putting a small amount of foundation on the back of my hand, then put the brush in the foundation, then apply and buff it into my face. The bristles are soft, yet firm enough to be able to buff in product properly so that it doesn't sit on the top of your face. Provides a precise coverage that is also buildable, even for a sheer foundation. I appreciate this as I have had some hormonal issues recently (nearly gone!) that have meant I've had a few pimples to cover. For better skin days or for lighter coverage I use (and love) the Buffing Brush. The Expert Face Brush also has a good feel in the hands - like it's not going to break - so I appreciate the fact that it's solid.
I've washed it a few times with liquid soap and used brush cleaner on it and it's stood up well. Still looks and feels new and has kept its shape.
For the price (about AU$20 retail although it is cheaper online), it can't be beaten.
I was overseas recently and had a delayed luggage issue and one of the first things I went out and bought in a panic was this brush. So yep, I've already repurchased!

on 11/13/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I avoided buying this brush for such a long time, thinking i'd prefer the sigma F80, I eventually gave in and went to Priceline and bought this little beauty for $20 (Australia rates). Honestly, buying this brush is the best thing i've ever done for my foundation routine. The bristles are soft and movable yet firm when you start buffing, which means that they don't bend and cause a mess of the precise application. It leaves my Loreal true match makeup looking airbrushed, I have recommended this brush to all of my friends and cannot speak highly enough of it! A little background, I had the eco tools buffing brush before this and it simply doesn't hold a candle to my real techniques!

on 11/8/2014 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is really lovely and versatile. I found its best use is to buff out or blend through other products rather than applying anything. For example, if I've put on too much blush or powder or bronzer, this will even everything out with minimal fuss. My only real gripe is that the brush is *so* bulky it's difficult to store with other brushes; it takes up so much space! While I still keep this brush in my back-up kit, I've since transitioned over to Sigma's F82 because the brush head is bigger, a bit more dense, and its handle is slimmer.

Pros:
* very dense
* rounded shape gets into small areas easily
* durable (through regular washing and daily spot cleaning)
* great price

Cons:
* really bulky handle
* a little small for full-face buffing

on 11/8/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This brush is simply amazing! And for its price, i couldn't ask for more.
It's very soft and applies liquid foundation smooth and natural. Easy to work with, perfect for beginners. Don't hesitate to buy it!

on 11/7/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush I use it with bare minerals I am Ready and it allows me to apply the tiniest amount of product and gives a beautiful finish. It was on offer in Superdrugs buy two brushes and get one free and I bought two others but this is defitnley my favourite and most used. I have washed it and it always comes out perfect!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products