Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/24/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this brush to use for blending my foundation, and although it does work really well for that, i have found that the best use for this brush is blending undereye concealer. i also use it with liquid highlight. it's the perfect size (for under your eyes, that is; it is smaller than a typical face brush) and it blends the product seamlessly into the skin instead of buffing it off. i definitely prefer this brush over the buffing brushes i used before because buffing brushes seem to suck up liquid and cream products whereas this one does not absorb product at all. not only does this save product, but if you are lazy like me, you can use this brush for a long time between washes because it does not get stiff from absorbing your makeup, and it blends your makeup right on your skin rather than absorbing your makeup while you're trying to blend. at $9 it's so cheap considering how good the quality is.

PROS: Fantastic for liquid foundation application and even blush, if you don't like a broad stroke.

CONS: Not great for oil-based foundations. Need synthetic for those.

on 3/21/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the first brush I've ever used to apply foundation. I originally bought it to use with the Milani powder foundation because I was curious about powder foundation (it's completely useless, BTW). BUT then I discovered how great this brush is for liquid and mousse foundation! I've never been a fan of using my hands with the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid, and this brush makes it go on so nicely with way less mess. I've also used it with my HG Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and the application & finish were beautiful! The bristles are dense enough that you can really buff in the product. I think it's actually faster than using the RT sponge or my hands. It cleans well and doesn't shed--I'm impressed with the quality and I would absolutely recommend it to someone who is new to applying foundation with a brush!

on 3/21/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush is absolutely amazing! It's dense and soft and is brilliant for both liquid and powder foundations. I prefer using this brush with my powder foundations over using my MAC Kabuki brush! However it still blends liquid foundations perfectly and this has so far been the best product for me to use with my MAC Prolongwear foundation and L'Oreal Infallible. The shape is really great too and helps to get products around the nose and near the eyes. I personally haven't had a single hair shed onto my face, or noticed any shedding. I've owned and regularly used + cleaned this product for approximately 5 months now. I will probably pick up a second one soon just so I don't have to wash it as often.

If you live in Australia like I do DON'T pay the exorbitant price charged by Priceline and the like. Search online for reliable drugstore makeup stores and get them for US prices!

on 3/21/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this brush for liquid foundation and concealer application! It's flawless! It's also a pretty brush, so it's fine to leave lying around. Although, my brush is bamboo not the pink from the pictures. It doesn't shed and leave dreaded bristles on your face during application, and it's also soft enough to use around your eyes and if you have sensitive skin. LOVE.

on 3/20/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush works really well with liquid foundations. I have not tried it with powder, but I have seen some people use it for powder foundations as well with excellent results. The brush is very soft and very enjoyable to use. My foundations apply evenly and look very natural. Before I found this brush, I had a hard time with my foundations and almost throw them away. Thanks to this brush, the foundations can reach their maximum potential. Don't hesitate to buy this brush.

on 3/17/2015 3:32:00 PM

OBSESSED with this brush! no streaking and gives you the perfect buffed finish.

on 3/17/2015 2:55:00 PM

An absolutely fantastic face brush, worth every bit of hype. I use it daily to blend foundations, concealers and the result is quite flawless. Has a nice dome shape and the bristles are soft and feels good on the skin. Very easy to wash and dry and has a clever flat broad handle base so that it can stand just like that. And another good thing is it does not shed.Very happy with this brush, it's my desert island brush now. Will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/26/2015 9:28:00 PM

I love this so much. Putting on foundation is fun with this brush! I just smear some streaks of foundation on my cheeks, nose, and forehead, then I blend and buff them in. Perfection! I use way less product, and it even helped me cover my perioral dermatitis. The way this brush just buffs over the skin seems to keep makeup from being ground into the drier areas. I used to use the Shiseido foundation brush, which is like painting your face. It left streaks that I had to fix with my fingers...what was I thinking?? THIS brush is the way to do your face.

on 2/25/2015 10:06:00 AM

Wow, now this has officially replaced my Sigma F80!! The F80 was my HG, but within a year it fell apart and I refuse to repurchase a brush yearly, crazy. So I've been on the hunt for a great replacement and I've tried the following: Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Multipurpose Brush #4...Sephora Pro Bronzer Brush #48...Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The SK was a bit too small and I didn't like the flat top, it was awkward compared to the Sigma. I also didn't like the feel of the curvy handle in my hand. The Sephora one was too heavy and I didn't like how it applied foundation, plus it took FOREVER to dry. The RT brush on the other hand, has the most perfect rounded brush head that is neither too small or large, it's not heavy, and it applies foundation smoothly, leaving a lovely finish. It also washes easily and dries fast. I love that I can stand it up on my counter after I use it since it has a flat bottom. It's also the cheapest of the bunch! Highly recommend.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products