November 22, 2014 | 1979 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by april7xD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product and saw great results in the beginning until it made my hair very dry and damaged in less than a month :c i started getting split ends. The color didnt last long , it faded out my hair in like less than a month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always purchase revlon's 41 medium brown hair color. My hair turns out the exact same as going to a hair salon or paying more money for a higher brand, 5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Foxyerika

I love the color I used dark brown however my hair became very straw like and had to have it all cut :( I guess this is a love hate realtionship

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nancy301

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this so far! I dyed my hair black and hopefully the color will not fade. This is the problem I have had with most dyes but my hair is shiny and the color is not too dark and fake looking looks natural but black not dark brown. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This stuff right here? Absolutely positively destroyed my hair. I started using it in shade Brown Black because I wanted a box color to cover my greys and I wanted a permanent color that wouldn't wash out despite its claims of being permanent- I'm looking at you, Feria! But anyway, this color did the trick and I continued to use it for well over a year. And then one day I looked up and simply could not believe what a mess my hair had become. Dry, scraggly, straw-like. That's the thing about this dye, it gave good results initially but was extremely damaging over time. Using this product on a regular basis, the damage will sneak up on you.
I started a routine of protein treatments combined with deep conditioning and regular trims to try to fix my hair. In the end I basically had to wait for the mess to simply grow out altogether.
I have since switched to Clairol Nice n Easy and have been very pleased. My hair improved a million percent after I stopped using ColorSilk.
It's cheap and there's a reason why! Will never ever purchase this product again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

I was very surprised by this haircolor. I was scared it was going to leave my hair in horrible condition, considering how cheap it is. I was also worried about the color not turning out how I wanted it to. But, here I sit with the exact color I wanted, and my hair is in the same condition it was in before I colored it! I will definitely buy this again. For reference, I bought the medium ash blonde shade. I also didn't use the conditioner that came with the dye, and I applied a bit of coconut oil to my hair before I put the color on, as that always seems to help with the condition of my hair afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the worst of the worst, but definitely not something I'd choose to use again. There was no initial damage done to my hair after using this dye, so the formula isn't bad at all. I find that it never washes out completely however, every time I wash my hair more dye comes out, and the water never runs clear. For the price, I think it's worth it, you just need to be careful about the shade you purchase. I used #11 Soft Black and it advertised on the box to have warm undertones in the color, but all I see is cool undertones no matter what lighting I'm in. It also came out much darker than expected. I'll have to keep my eye out for something better next time!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by amerskia

I used the Medium Auburn shade, and was a little disappointed in the coverage. I think the main problem was that I only bought one box. I had read some other reviews saying that one box was all they needed, even for long hair. That was definitely not my experience, though my hair is not that long (3 inches below my shoulders) or thick. To be fair, the directions recommend two boxes if your hair is past your shoulders. But since other reviews said they only needed one, I was overly optimistic. And of course the recommendation to use two boxes is inside the package, so I only read it after I was all set to dye my hair. But that's pretty standard.

The other issue I had was that the color didn't really cover my roots. I'm not sure if I didn't leave it on my roots long enough, didn't use a dark enough color, or what. Perhaps if I were using this on "virgin hair" it would have been fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Medium Rich Brown was a level 6 red brown on the box.

On my hair it was a level 3 espresso with no highlights. Like Sanda Bullock's hair when her hair is too harshly dark.

I will wait a while to see if it fades. But I won't pick up a box of this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by stephimr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dark Golden Brown. My ends were salon dyed with a demi-permanent color from a year ago but otherwise my natural dark brown-blackish mixed hair color. The results were ever-so slightly reddish. I mean barely reddish but something that i did notice but it didn't bother me. Keep in mind I was a little fearful that it would turn out botched red. Anyhow, my dirty-dark-brown hair was lighter and the color was flattering on me. I was going for a slightly lighter chocolatey/mud color. Strange I know but I used to love the color of henna I would apply to my hair before i rinsed it out and thats what i was going for. Since this product is ammonia free the damage isn't bad at all the color does fade slightly but thats over 3 months for me so far. I dyed it New Years. Great product. I will be using the Dark Blonde on the top portion of my hair over this color to give it a lighter brown/ honey hue. Maybe or maybe not this will work but because it was so gentle I dont mind trying it out. My hair color is gorgeous now but im gonna go a little more daring with the Dark Blonde 61.
Complaint- smell could've been nicer but it wasn't too overpowering. The rinse before the conditioner left my hair pretty dry. But hey you're dying your hair after all. Once I conditioned my hair I felt better. DO DEEP CONDITION your hair the next time you plan to wash it and maybe the next time after that. Then your dryness worries you may run into will be completely gone.
Instead of wasting all that money in a salon for what you didn't ask for you can go a safer route and dye it yourself with an inexpensive ($2.99-4.99) ammonia free/bleach free dye.
Oh- if you have long hair or kinky or thick curly hair. BUY TWO.