November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted very much to like this but it's just too heavy for my combi skin. It left my face feeling sticky like the product just sat on top and never sank in. Luckily I only had a small sample sized tube so I'll just use the rest as eye-cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Love using this skin recovery cream when I feel that my skin needs a little more TLC. i would apply a thick layer and leave it overnight. Goes on smooth and fragrance free. Rich in thermal water. Simply love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been experiencing very dry skin at the moment and I'd tried so many heavy moisturizers that didn't get rid of the dry patches so I went to the pharmacy and explained my situation.She recommended this and my skin has returned back to normal and it feels lovely under make up.
It's not that cheap and the tube isn't filled up completely which is annoying but I couldn't be more grateful as I've found something that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect daytime moisturiser for my very sensitive, clog-prone skin. It's lightweight, but effective and doesn't cause any irritation or redness. I usually stock up when it's on sale, because it's not super cheap, but less than a pea-sized amount easily covers my face & neck, so I find I don't go through it too quickly.

*EDIT* I still love this cream, but haven't needed it since adding Skinceutical's Retexturing Activator to my morning routine. I use either Avene's Cleanance K or Triacneal at night w/ no mostirizer and the Retexturing Activator serum + ss in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a perfectly decent product, but not as good as some other things I've used. I've been using Differin and it makes my skin very easily irritated and sensitive, especially around my eyes and the sides of my nose. I saw this cream and thought it would be perfect to layer on. Well - it is fine I suppose. It still stings when I first put it on though, which I found a bit disappointing. And it's not that moisturising, really, so I prefer to layer it with oils.

I probably would have given this a higher rating had I not found something way better for my sensitive skin: argan or camellia oils. I just slather those on over my whole face and have no stinging at all. If I use this cream over the oil I don't have stinging, but in that case it's the oils doing the work rather than the cream.

I'm now just trying to use the Avene up. I can't imagine I'll buy it again because really it's just a fairly light moisturiser for me, and there are others of those I can get more cheaply.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by olive02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this laying around in my room. My face got super dry because of the weather, and so I decided to try it out. It worked wonders, and also calmed my redness! Its very light on the skin and has no harsh smells. I bought the full size now, it is a little more expensive, but a little goes a long way with this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Nikkichoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love it pretty smooth , doesn't irritate my skin or cause any spots .
my skin is dry if i only apply this cream it is not enough for the winter,i also put Avene - Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream
before i apply recovery cream ! so far i cant find any cream like this which is not irritate my sensitive dry skin !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by viceroyv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or cause any breakouts and its moisturizing enough for me to use daily. Ive noticed a decrease in clogged pores on my chin since using it. Its a little pricey, however, i appreciate the simple formulation, minimal ingredient list, and no perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by tko68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great simple moisturizer. its a little expensive and i prefer tub packaging, however it doesnt irritate my skin or cause breakouts and i appreciate that it has minimal ingredients and no fragrance. It sunk in quickly and since ive been using it ive been experiencing less clogs on my chin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by anniepotts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok...my story in shortened version. Two very bad derms had me on topical steroid cream for over 8yrs. I was not aware and when I found out it was this I stopped cold turkey. The flare ups came, like rosacea. Told it was steroid induced rosacea. So i had to find something so gentle this was my 3rd and most successful choice.

While it is nice and great for my extremely dry skin, I cannot use on my cheeks yet-way too intolerant of anything but vaseline ( i know awful :( ) . So I use this on forehead, nose, eye area and chin. I have much clearer skin now. Flares up have ceased in those areas, acne even cleared. I also take an antihistamine often, almost daily because my skin reacts to everything in the air. I love this cream for my T-zone (very flaky dry and acne prone) and my only complaint is it needs to be a bit more moisturizing. But in all a great cream..I am hoping in another 4-6wks I will be able to use on my cheeks too.

Update--well tried on cheeks, major mistake. While it did help my t-zone, still not enough. So I switched to La Roche Posay's Toleriane Ultra-it is like magic for me.