Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

on 9/20/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cream for days when I need some extra TLC for my face.
Highly recommended for mature skin, mine is combination prone to breaking out once a month.
A bit expensive, however, it is worth it for the job done!

on 9/12/2012 3:41:00 AM

I don't use this very often as I'm scared I'll reach for it one day and find it's stopped working for me, but this has to be the WORLD'S GREATEST CREATION!!! I first started using this when my face began developing random dry patches that just wouldn't go away! Enriched with Avene's Eau Thermal Spring Water, this was my hero product. After one night of use, the dry patches went away and didn't come back! And my face felt unbelievably smooth! Now I keep it in my bathroom just in case for emergencies, like when my skin gets that little bit dry or feels a little too bumpy and uneven for my liking. It's the best quick fix.

A highly efficient, extremely soothing and highly hydrating moisturiser, it is an absolute delight to use it. I have acne prone, mildly sensitive skin and when, during winter, I go on tretinoin treatments and my skin just gets hostile and aggravated, I turn to this. Its gel-like texture is cooling and even its scent is soothing. At first it sits on the skin and then it gets absorbed, leaving your skin calmer and happier. It hydrates my combination/oily skin very well and even helps with the dry flakes that my breakouts leave behind.
Absolutely two thumbs up for this product.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Wanted very much to like this but it's just too heavy for my combi skin. It left my face feeling sticky like the product just sat on top and never sank in. Luckily I only had a small sample sized tube so I'll just use the rest as eye-cream.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Love using this skin recovery cream when I feel that my skin needs a little more TLC. i would apply a thick layer and leave it overnight. Goes on smooth and fragrance free. Rich in thermal water. Simply love it.

on 8/15/2012 7:56:00 AM

I've been experiencing very dry skin at the moment and I'd tried so many heavy moisturizers that didn't get rid of the dry patches so I went to the pharmacy and explained my situation.She recommended this and my skin has returned back to normal and it feels lovely under make up.
It's not that cheap and the tube isn't filled up completely which is annoying but I couldn't be more grateful as I've found something that works!

on 5/24/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the perfect daytime moisturiser for my very sensitive, clog-prone skin. It's lightweight, but effective and doesn't cause any irritation or redness. I usually stock up when it's on sale, because it's not super cheap, but less than a pea-sized amount easily covers my face & neck, so I find I don't go through it too quickly.

*EDIT* I still love this cream, but haven't needed it since adding Skinceutical's Retexturing Activator to my morning routine. I use either Avene's Cleanance K or Triacneal at night w/ no mostirizer and the Retexturing Activator serum + ss in the morning.

on 5/19/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a perfectly decent product, but not as good as some other things I've used. I've been using Differin and it makes my skin very easily irritated and sensitive, especially around my eyes and the sides of my nose. I saw this cream and thought it would be perfect to layer on. Well - it is fine I suppose. It still stings when I first put it on though, which I found a bit disappointing. And it's not that moisturising, really, so I prefer to layer it with oils.

I probably would have given this a higher rating had I not found something way better for my sensitive skin: argan or camellia oils. I just slather those on over my whole face and have no stinging at all. If I use this cream over the oil I don't have stinging, but in that case it's the oils doing the work rather than the cream.

I'm now just trying to use the Avene up. I can't imagine I'll buy it again because really it's just a fairly light moisturiser for me, and there are others of those I can get more cheaply.

on 5/14/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had a sample of this laying around in my room. My face got super dry because of the weather, and so I decided to try it out. It worked wonders, and also calmed my redness! Its very light on the skin and has no harsh smells. I bought the full size now, it is a little more expensive, but a little goes a long way with this stuff!!

on 4/24/2012 9:25:00 AM

i love it pretty smooth , doesn't irritate my skin or cause any spots .
my skin is dry if i only apply this cream it is not enough for the winter,i also put Avene - Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream
before i apply recovery cream ! so far i cant find any cream like this which is not irritate my sensitive dry skin !