MAC Frost - Greensmoke

4.5

on 10/26/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

How have I gone this long without reviewing Greensmoke? It is my favourite non-neutral MAC shadow, and one of the very first ones I ever purchased. A beautiful mid tone smokey olivey green with gold glitter (but not too much glitter). Fantastic to smoke out with Carbon or Typographic, works really well paired with black e/l. It's a lustre, and has a very grainy texture, but don't let that put you off. Yes you need to spend a bit of time applying it but the colour payoff is good and it blends out suprisingly well. I wear this over a dark base and glam it up a bit with some more shimmer over the top. I have quite a few green e/s, but always go back to Greensmoke.

on 9/18/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely beautiful IMO...I have dark brown eyes and this color really makes them sparkle (not in a glittery way). And for a super sultry look, this is a great smoky eye product. Highly recommend.

on 9/10/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been avoiding this shadow for a long time. It looks so pretty in swatches on blogs but the only one I'd seen in person gave me another impression entirely. The sample at my local MAC counter looks completely different from the one I ordered, and I chalk that up to the fact that the MAs clean the tops of the shadow with alcohol for sanitary reasons. The one at the store looks like pressed chunky glitter. The actual product is nothing like that. The specks of glitter are very fine, and there are so few of them it gives more of a frosty effect than a glittery one. It's the soft grey green I've been lusting after for so long. I can't wait to use it with my Photo Realism quad from the Make Up Art Cosmetics collection.

I've also been avoiding Beauty Marked shadow for the same reason. I hate glitter and the store sample looks gritty, dry and awful. Who knows? The lustre finishes from MAC vary greatly from shade to shade, so maybe that one is glittery. All I can say is the this one lustre I have is much nicer than expected.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I received greensmoke as a gift and though it's not something I would have chosen on my own, it's a pretty nice colour. I find when I wear it with a neutral colour like phloof! it looks a bit more grey than green. I don't like that the chunks of glitter get all over my face if I'm not careful and that by the end of the day it looks like a muted grey rather than a glittery green but otherwise it's a good colour. I find it works well when I wear false lashes - it gives just enough colour to not be overwhelming but gives enough definition to my eyes.

Beautiful smokey green color; glides on smoothly; wears well. Looks great when paired with Prestige Ebony.

on 8/8/2009 8:48:00 AM

nice color i like it it goes great with sumptous olive and blanc type!

on 8/4/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have had greensmoke for awhile now and found that I was not getting enough color pay off so last week I was at the MAC counter and I asked the artist why... She explained to me that it was a Lustre shadow so the color pay off would not be intense so she recommended that I try Moss Scape paint pot to go under it and let me tell you it looks FABULOUS!!! I also pair this with saddle and Amiber Lights or Shroom I was about to give up on this now I want to wear this all the time.

I'm not going to lie, my purchase of greensmoke was a bit impulsive. I LOVE green eyeshadows so I figured, due to MAC's description of the shade, that this would be a unique one. And it is. In the pan, greensmoke is a light moss green with small silver glitter particles. However, once applied, greensmoke turns into an undiscernable light greyish green with silver glitter. Its not too usable due to the big sparkles but its nice to use on a night out.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Love this product! I was worried it would be to glittery and bright for me but when i applied it, it looked brilliant a nice mossy green with a bit of shimmer.

on 7/9/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I typically stay away from green eyeshadows because it makes underneath my eyes quite sallow. However, this is a really nice green. It's dark green with gold flecks and looks amazing on the lid. I do smudge a green pencil liner on my lid before placing greensmoke and the colour is vibrant and stays put.
It is quite a versatile shade. I can either wear this for a day look and a night look. With smut in the crease, you really can't go wrong.