MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 8/11/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was recommended to me by the MA when I first got into MAC and i bought it. It always looked like silver to me but than it would go on too sheer and to shimmery. Than I learn to obey the following rule: use shimmery shadow with matte looks and matte/opaque shadow with shimmery looks. It is actually not silvery, it is actually more yellowish, although my eye does not pick it up when it is in the jar. I do not think anyone has a dupe for this one, worth checking out.

on 8/5/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is one of my favorite all over the lid eyeshadow shades. i used it everyday at one point. it's a light gold with shimmer. some of the shimmers are chunky. not in a bad way, for me at least. i don't get any fall outs from it. overall, i would definitely repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this eyeshadow. In general I hate luster's, but this one is really nice. I use a stiff flat shader brush and I have very little fall out. It's great as a lid shade if you want a gold that is less yellow than goldmine, not green like gorgeous gold, and has good pay off and you don't need to layer too much on like ricepaper. I talked to the MA thinking I wanted to try ricepaper, but she directed me to retrospeck and I'm so glad she did. It was exactly what I wanted-it's almost a silvery gold if that makes any sense. It looks great with browns, purples/plums, grays/blacks, navy, really anything. Great neutral.

on 8/4/2010 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A lot of fallout and too glittery. Application was not smooth at all. Pretty color when swatched on the back of my hand, but didn't work for me. Returned it immediately.

on 8/3/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was one of the first eyeshadows that I tried from MAC. It was recommended as a brow bone color by the MA. It's a bit too glittery for me especially when I use Woodwinked on my lids.

However, after reading other reviews, I am going to try this as an overall color on my eyelids. If my opinion changes, I will update.

on 8/2/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this color! it's subtle, let gives your eyes a little kick. Looks great with eye liner. I tried it on for the first time today, which was a hot summer day and it lasted all day! This was an issue with other MAC eyeshadows I have bought, so I was glad that this one did not come off. The texture of this is lovely, as well. I don't know why people think it's weird. I think this stuff is perfect and can see myself using this with darker colors for night. Only con is that it's pricy, as is everything MAC. But very worth it!

on 8/2/2010 10:24:00 AM

I love this colour - very pretty, pale barley-gold colour. Looks super with lots of black liner and a lovely pop of pink lippie. Can be vamped up with a darker crease colour too, if you'd prefer. Excellent - one lippie off since I discovered brun nylon by Bourjois - super cheap and suits me even better as a nude / base colour for every day wear.

This is my everyday go-to eyeshadow. I've got NW15-20 skin, and this shadow picks up my skin-tone perfectly and gives me a natural, slightly shimmery look. I have tried other skin-tone colored shadows, but nothing works like this. It stays on all through work...and that's an amazing feat since I work 8.5 hour shifts at a hospital, constantly running around!
I will definitely buy again.

Another great thing about this shadow, the new formula is paraben-free. ♥ it.

on 7/29/2010 12:09:00 PM

The glitter is really a bit too much for me, considering I haaate glittery shadows, but other than that an ok color. But I won't buy again.

on 7/29/2010 12:04:00 PM

I am IN LOVE with this color. It's my HC base lid color. I pair with shroom in the brow area and vary the color, but mainly use Tempting in the crease. I would completely freak out if MAC stopped carrying this color!

Top Rated MAC Products