September 18, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. In general I hate luster's, but this one is really nice. I use a stiff flat shader brush and I have very little fall out. It's great as a lid shade if you want a gold that is less yellow than goldmine, not green like gorgeous gold, and has good pay off and you don't need to layer too much on like ricepaper. I talked to the MA thinking I wanted to try ricepaper, but she directed me to retrospeck and I'm so glad she did. It was exactly what I wanted-it's almost a silvery gold if that makes any sense. It looks great with browns, purples/plums, grays/blacks, navy, really anything. Great neutral.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lot of fallout and too glittery. Application was not smooth at all. Pretty color when swatched on the back of my hand, but didn't work for me. Returned it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first eyeshadows that I tried from MAC. It was recommended as a brow bone color by the MA. It's a bit too glittery for me especially when I use Woodwinked on my lids.

However, after reading other reviews, I am going to try this as an overall color on my eyelids. If my opinion changes, I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mawyyy

Love this color! it's subtle, let gives your eyes a little kick. Looks great with eye liner. I tried it on for the first time today, which was a hot summer day and it lasted all day! This was an issue with other MAC eyeshadows I have bought, so I was glad that this one did not come off. The texture of this is lovely, as well. I don't know why people think it's weird. I think this stuff is perfect and can see myself using this with darker colors for night. Only con is that it's pricy, as is everything MAC. But very worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by JM234

I love this colour - very pretty, pale barley-gold colour. Looks super with lots of black liner and a lovely pop of pink lippie. Can be vamped up with a darker crease colour too, if you'd prefer. Excellent - one lippie off since I discovered brun nylon by Bourjois - super cheap and suits me even better as a nude / base colour for every day wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

This is my everyday go-to eyeshadow. I've got NW15-20 skin, and this shadow picks up my skin-tone perfectly and gives me a natural, slightly shimmery look. I have tried other skin-tone colored shadows, but nothing works like this. It stays on all through work...and that's an amazing feat since I work 8.5 hour shifts at a hospital, constantly running around!
I will definitely buy again.

Another great thing about this shadow, the new formula is paraben-free. ♥ it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

The glitter is really a bit too much for me, considering I haaate glittery shadows, but other than that an ok color. But I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kedmund

I am IN LOVE with this color. It's my HC base lid color. I pair with shroom in the brow area and vary the color, but mainly use Tempting in the crease. I would completely freak out if MAC stopped carrying this color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this color (can't say I've seen it anywhere else, sadly) BUT the glitter was way too much for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't help feeling that if this eye shadow had been released by a drugstore brand it would have gotten a much lower rating... it seemed nice when I swatched it on my hand at the mac store, and I had seen it got a good overall rating here before I bought it but I have to say I, for one, hate it!!! I get glitter down to my chin when I try to put it on but not much shows on the lid (despite using a base and all) and even if I try to carefully pat it on with a 239. It's a mess and it was definitely not worth the price for me. I will update if something changes but unfortunately I don't think it will.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No