Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/10/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Once again the sales at Priceline lured me into trying this. It was $3 and I was looking for a mascara at the time, so why not? It said on the packaging that the Professional line is supposed to be smudge-proof but as an extra precaution I got the waterproof mascara as well, and in brown-black.
It promises to volumise and lengthen lashes. I noted it didn't say curl so while I wasn't happy that it basically straightened out my curled lashes I thought that was fair enough. Doesn't give much volume at all but it does lengthen and separate. And yes, even though I got the waterproof version of a smudge-proof mascara it still smudged. Really didn't like this product much at all, would not repurchase.

on 6/30/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I will never buy again! I got this last summer for a very cheap price at CVS since I was looking for a waterproof mascara. Big mistake buying this, it did absolutely nothing for my lashes no added length or volume and its waterproof factor didnt really work for me it also smelled horrible.I dont know if I got a bad tube but I definently will not be trying this one again.

on 6/28/2010 11:45:00 AM

This is a good everyday mascara since this give a natural look.This volumizes, lengthens and holds a curl really well.This also has a really small wand so it gets every lash.I really like this.It is a deffinat staple.(by the way my lashes point downward and the curl lasts all day.)

on 6/23/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has amazing staying power, on my very oily eyelashes! It's the only mascara that I wear, that stands up to no running in very hot and humid weather. It's not expensive either ~ $3.00 at Walmart.

on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Where has this been all my life? This waterproof formula mascara is the only one I've used that washes away relatively easily (i.e. not needing to rub hard enough to rip lashes out). It darkens and lengthens gorgeously, better I think than Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara. A little wand-wiggling and your lashes will look very 'finished'. It's somewhere between the aforementioned Clinque mascara and Lancome's Defincils, but priced to replace every month as hygiene demands. My skin is combination but on the oiliest eyelid days this mascara only flakes a little. I prioritize definition and no smudging more than anything, so this has easily become my HG.

on 5/12/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hated it. Does not build at all. Fine for a natural look, but terrible if you want to build any volume or length. Also, it was very irritating to my eyes. They were watery and red for a good 15 minutes after applying this mascara-never had that happen before and I've tried so many mascaras I cant even count. Would not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

So far, this is my current HG mascara. I have oily eyelids and wear contacts, and this has been THE ONLY mascara that hasn't flaked off or made me look like a racoon by the end of the day. If I could change only one thing about it, it would be to have a thicker consistency, but other than that, I love it. I also love that it's a waterproof mascara that you can wash off with soap and water! LOVE!

on 4/20/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first ever mascara. I have been using it from when I was 15 to about 23 (until I discovered Lacome's hypnose).
I really love this mascara because financially, it's a little to no committment type situation.
I have bone straight lashes with medium length and volume. I use the waterproof formula because anything else wont hold my curls (I use Shu Uemura's curler). The formula is really nice, it never ever clumps and despite being waterproof, it never dries or flakes (which lancome's waterproof mascara tends to do).
I think CG can improve on the wand though. It's really a basic wand that does not do much for volume or length. I mean it's mascara so you can expect to see some oompth in your lashes after applying it but it doesnt give you very dramatic lashes.
However, I would purchase this over and over again because of it's formula. It really is one of the nicest waterproof mascaras out there. It leaves your lashes soft and shiny, never dull and flakey. and it really stays on through water.

Also if you have a nice expensive mascara that's drying up try using the more densely packed wand to apply this mascara. I have a tube of old hypnose that's probably 5% away from being totally finished and I dip hypnose's wand into this and the effect is amazing.
I get length, volume AND shiny, soft lashes that are curled all day long.
Cant go wrong with this!

on 4/15/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive eyes that dry out when I use eyeliners and some mascaras but I find that this one doesn't do that. Like the other reviews said, it doesn't clump at all, it makes my lashes look longer and lusher while still looking natural. One thing I don't like about this (and other mascaras) is that when I've been wearing it for a while, I would have black stuff under my eyes. But then again it might just be my oily skin that it comes in contact with when I blink. I like this for everyday wear.

on 4/2/2010 3:21:00 PM

Tried this after reading reviews on MUA... My new HG! I am so in love with this mascara! Have been using Great Lash for years & it was hard for me to admit that there might be a *real* waterproof mascara out there that didn't leave spider lashes & clumps everywhere. Well, I've been wearing it for about a week now & I'm in love. Riding horses (like working one out for real) can be a hot, sweaty business & this mascara just hung on in there like I was sitting on the couch! No flakes, no runs, no raccoon eyes, just perfectly seperated, defined lashes, even on bottom! Not anything dramatic, just enough to make my blonde lashes show up. But man when you put it on, it's there. I wear contacts &take it off with baby oil & don't have any problems. Will definitely buy again & I'd recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat!

Popular Mascaras