October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will never buy again! I got this last summer for a very cheap price at CVS since I was looking for a waterproof mascara. Big mistake buying this, it did absolutely nothing for my lashes no added length or volume and its waterproof factor didnt really work for me it also smelled horrible.I dont know if I got a bad tube but I definently will not be trying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by aresa12327

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good everyday mascara since this give a natural look.This volumizes, lengthens and holds a curl really well.This also has a really small wand so it gets every lash.I really like this.It is a deffinat staple.(by the way my lashes point downward and the curl lasts all day.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tassekuchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has amazing staying power, on my very oily eyelashes! It's the only mascara that I wear, that stands up to no running in very hot and humid weather. It's not expensive either ~ $3.00 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jenno2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Where has this been all my life? This waterproof formula mascara is the only one I've used that washes away relatively easily (i.e. not needing to rub hard enough to rip lashes out). It darkens and lengthens gorgeously, better I think than Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara. A little wand-wiggling and your lashes will look very 'finished'. It's somewhere between the aforementioned Clinque mascara and Lancome's Defincils, but priced to replace every month as hygiene demands. My skin is combination but on the oiliest eyelid days this mascara only flakes a little. I prioritize definition and no smudging more than anything, so this has easily become my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by shangi11

Hated it. Does not build at all. Fine for a natural look, but terrible if you want to build any volume or length. Also, it was very irritating to my eyes. They were watery and red for a good 15 minutes after applying this mascara-never had that happen before and I've tried so many mascaras I cant even count. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, this is my current HG mascara. I have oily eyelids and wear contacts, and this has been THE ONLY mascara that hasn't flaked off or made me look like a racoon by the end of the day. If I could change only one thing about it, it would be to have a thicker consistency, but other than that, I love it. I also love that it's a waterproof mascara that you can wash off with soap and water! LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

This was my first ever mascara. I have been using it from when I was 15 to about 23 (until I discovered Lacome's hypnose).
I really love this mascara because financially, it's a little to no committment type situation.
I have bone straight lashes with medium length and volume. I use the waterproof formula because anything else wont hold my curls (I use Shu Uemura's curler). The formula is really nice, it never ever clumps and despite being waterproof, it never dries or flakes (which lancome's waterproof mascara tends to do).
I think CG can improve on the wand though. It's really a basic wand that does not do much for volume or length. I mean it's mascara so you can expect to see some oompth in your lashes after applying it but it doesnt give you very dramatic lashes.
However, I would purchase this over and over again because of it's formula. It really is one of the nicest waterproof mascaras out there. It leaves your lashes soft and shiny, never dull and flakey. and it really stays on through water.

Also if you have a nice expensive mascara that's drying up try using the more densely packed wand to apply this mascara. I have a tube of old hypnose that's probably 5% away from being totally finished and I dip hypnose's wand into this and the effect is amazing.
I get length, volume AND shiny, soft lashes that are curled all day long.
Cant go wrong with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by illustrado23

I have sensitive eyes that dry out when I use eyeliners and some mascaras but I find that this one doesn't do that. Like the other reviews said, it doesn't clump at all, it makes my lashes look longer and lusher while still looking natural. One thing I don't like about this (and other mascaras) is that when I've been wearing it for a while, I would have black stuff under my eyes. But then again it might just be my oily skin that it comes in contact with when I blink. I like this for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by randagray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this after reading reviews on MUA... My new HG! I am so in love with this mascara! Have been using Great Lash for years & it was hard for me to admit that there might be a *real* waterproof mascara out there that didn't leave spider lashes & clumps everywhere. Well, I've been wearing it for about a week now & I'm in love. Riding horses (like working one out for real) can be a hot, sweaty business & this mascara just hung on in there like I was sitting on the couch! No flakes, no runs, no raccoon eyes, just perfectly seperated, defined lashes, even on bottom! Not anything dramatic, just enough to make my blonde lashes show up. But man when you put it on, it's there. I wear contacts &take it off with baby oil & don't have any problems. Will definitely buy again & I'd recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually have the washable one also. I always buy non-waterproof mascaras but I decided to try this since waterproof is known to hold curl better and gosh my lashes always point straight down. Just for a reference I have kind of short, fine and stick straight asian lashes so curl is so important. There is no point in wearing mascara if there is no curl.

I really like the result, this mascara always gives a very natural look and no matter how much I apply it DOES NOT CLUMP AT ALL. I'm not kidding you can put 10 coats and its still doesn't clump. It doesn't add much drama so if your looking for that you are using the wrong product. I really like this. It for once was able to hold up a nice curl for once unlike most of the mascaras I have encountered.

I like this a lot better than my washable one but its harder to take off since its waterproof so I might just stick with the other one since its so important that mascaras and eye make-up in general are easy to take off because I've lost eye lashes before and it pains me so much since I do not have tons of lashes to begin with.

Once I was having a really bad day at school and I cried 3 times in one day. It was a really crappy day. Anyways, I was wearing only mascara that day and thank goodness it was this one because it didn't smudge or anything, it stayed on and looked the same as it did before I cried which a BIG PLUS for me especially. The staying power was amazing and that really impressed me. One of the reasons why I give this 5 lippies.

Overall a really nice product that I really like and I will repurchase.