February 1, 2015 | 2103 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Casey088

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this mineral foundation free off a competition (hense the 5 lippy rating for price!) It is absolutely amazing, it is the perfect colour for my fair skin and it really evens out my skin tone. I use it coupled with a handy buki brush I also got. I don't think I could ever go back to using liquid foundation, it's just too oily for my skin. I have almost run out of my free sample, so I'll definitely be buying the larger version!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by BlueLaTifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mineral foundation for many years. I think it gives pretty good coverage, and lasts all day. I use Mineral Veil over it. Somtimes I do feel itchy, I guess it is because it contain bismuth, which can cause skin reactions. A good foundation, but very expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the coverage, finish, color, and application of this product. It leaves a natural glow and is fun to apply since you just buff with a dense brush, which I find less tedious than applying and blending liquid foundation.

But this stuff breaks me out like crazy. I've used Colorstay for years, and my skin is normally clear. After just a few days of BE, my skin had blemishes and clogged pores everywhere, and now I have to calm it down.

I'm back to using Colorstay, and I'll try using the BE as a light finishing powder. Maybe using less BE and having a foundation between my skin and the BE will work out.

*Edit: This didn't work as a finishing powder, either. My skin broke out badly even when I used this on top of liquid foundation. Too bad, because I like the finish. Coty Airspun and Revlon Skinlights powder (an older luminizer) have been working fine, so I'm sure the BE was the problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by yy302

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read comments that many people rave about this product and I decided to give it a try. This foundation is the first mineral foundation I have ever used, however, it tend to be chalky and made my dry patches more obvious on my combination skin. It just float on my skin and weren't absorbed. Few hours later, my skin looks oily again. I wouldn't recommend this product although it has beautiful glow when apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lorniiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I strongly advise people with oily skin to stay away from this product. I bought this with hopes of having flawless looking skin and i just ended up looking a complete mess. When purchasing i was told this would cover all imperfections including acne scars which i have, rubbish, this provides minimal coverage. I imagine this product being great if you have good skin already but those looking for coverage you will not find it here :p

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

This is amazing. I used to avoid wearing make up because i hated the heavy feel of liquid foundation and then i discovered this! Its so light you dont feel it but it gives great coverage without looking unnatural. When i have this on it just looks like my natural skin but on a really good day. I find that its so easy to apply and you dont have to blend anywhere near as much as with liquid. I found the best way to apply it is with my body shop blusher brush compared to the buki brush as it picks up enough product without it diappearing into the brush. Ive also noticed that after about an hour of wearing that it seems to blend with my skin to make an even more natural look which is what im looking for. Also i find you dont need to be amazing at putting foundation for this t look great i do it very quickly and it still looks great without the lines at the side or missing patches! The click and go pots are definitely better as i have dropped the old still before and made a complete mess :( This is a great foundation for oily skin as its not introducing moisture and oils like luquid foundation does. And then i finsih with the mineral veil! I definitely recomend this and the mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBlunts33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a little over a year now, and with time and constant application, my skin has greatly improved even without the makeup. Don't know what I'd do without it!

To be fair, to get the cleanest and most natural look, you need to buy the primer as well, and let it set before applying. But it's worth it! Even my ruddy, pimply skin is no match for this stuff. Of course, it doesn't coer 100%, but nobody in their right mind can blame a makeup for not being photoshop.

Just be sure to not over-apply, or risk looking like a cakeface.

HGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

I thought I would like it, but I didn't. It has a strange texture compared to other mineral foundations. Doesn't have much coverage and it does a terrible job covering my pores. It actually somehow made my pores even more obviously. And the worse part is that it broke me out terribly. Absolutely hate it. Not going to purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kristay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like I wrote in my review for their Mineral Veil, I used to like Bare Minerals up until a couple of years ago. The foundation just didn't work for me at all. Even though I have combo skin I'm a bit more on the oily side, but this foundation made my face feel like an oil slick. The product would tend to sit in the few lines I have and made my pores more noticeable. My mom and I began to refer to the Bare Minerals foundation as "Tin Man makeup", because we found it made the texture of our skin look a lot like the Tin Man's in The Wizard of Oz.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by 1993

Would I buy this again? HMMM.... on the fence here. This is my first time trying a Mineral makeup, I just found out I could have gotten this in Matte rather than the Original as I purchased. I got it for my daughter which looks great on her ( age 18 ) but for me, ( age 46 ) I am having an itching issue. I have been told it may be the bismuth in the product? or my Kabuki brush. I am also having problems with this slipping off my face after several hours, I do moisturize, have not used the mineral veil however with it. As I said, I am NEW to this line, and the SA was not very knowledgable apparently. I am planning to try the Matte after this is used up, and see if Iike it any better.