September 2, 2014 | 1546 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lorniiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I strongly advise people with oily skin to stay away from this product. I bought this with hopes of having flawless looking skin and i just ended up looking a complete mess. When purchasing i was told this would cover all imperfections including acne scars which i have, rubbish, this provides minimal coverage. I imagine this product being great if you have good skin already but those looking for coverage you will not find it here :p

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

This is amazing. I used to avoid wearing make up because i hated the heavy feel of liquid foundation and then i discovered this! Its so light you dont feel it but it gives great coverage without looking unnatural. When i have this on it just looks like my natural skin but on a really good day. I find that its so easy to apply and you dont have to blend anywhere near as much as with liquid. I found the best way to apply it is with my body shop blusher brush compared to the buki brush as it picks up enough product without it diappearing into the brush. Ive also noticed that after about an hour of wearing that it seems to blend with my skin to make an even more natural look which is what im looking for. Also i find you dont need to be amazing at putting foundation for this t look great i do it very quickly and it still looks great without the lines at the side or missing patches! The click and go pots are definitely better as i have dropped the old still before and made a complete mess :( This is a great foundation for oily skin as its not introducing moisture and oils like luquid foundation does. And then i finsih with the mineral veil! I definitely recomend this and the mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBlunts33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a little over a year now, and with time and constant application, my skin has greatly improved even without the makeup. Don't know what I'd do without it!

To be fair, to get the cleanest and most natural look, you need to buy the primer as well, and let it set before applying. But it's worth it! Even my ruddy, pimply skin is no match for this stuff. Of course, it doesn't coer 100%, but nobody in their right mind can blame a makeup for not being photoshop.

Just be sure to not over-apply, or risk looking like a cakeface.

HGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

I thought I would like it, but I didn't. It has a strange texture compared to other mineral foundations. Doesn't have much coverage and it does a terrible job covering my pores. It actually somehow made my pores even more obviously. And the worse part is that it broke me out terribly. Absolutely hate it. Not going to purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kristay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like I wrote in my review for their Mineral Veil, I used to like Bare Minerals up until a couple of years ago. The foundation just didn't work for me at all. Even though I have combo skin I'm a bit more on the oily side, but this foundation made my face feel like an oil slick. The product would tend to sit in the few lines I have and made my pores more noticeable. My mom and I began to refer to the Bare Minerals foundation as "Tin Man makeup", because we found it made the texture of our skin look a lot like the Tin Man's in The Wizard of Oz.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by 1993

Would I buy this again? HMMM.... on the fence here. This is my first time trying a Mineral makeup, I just found out I could have gotten this in Matte rather than the Original as I purchased. I got it for my daughter which looks great on her ( age 18 ) but for me, ( age 46 ) I am having an itching issue. I have been told it may be the bismuth in the product? or my Kabuki brush. I am also having problems with this slipping off my face after several hours, I do moisturize, have not used the mineral veil however with it. As I said, I am NEW to this line, and the SA was not very knowledgable apparently. I am planning to try the Matte after this is used up, and see if Iike it any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by slcb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had spent years looking for a foundation that could cover my dark pigmentation marks, these are most noticeable on my forehead and chin and until I tried BE no product had the effect I was hoping for. I purchased the beginners kit after having the makeup applied in store, my husband was with me and said it was the first time he'd seen the pigmentation covered without the appearance of wearing heavy makeup. I was delighted to achieve the same results at home, I find the makeup extremely easy to apply and can even do it satisfactorily without a mirror while in the car (as a passenger) or on a train. The only two problems I encountered are that my skin reacted to the blush included in the starter kit but I purchased a different BE blush and had no problems with that, the second problem is the foundation settling into the slight wrinkles under my eyes, I am going to try using a primer to prevent this. The mineral veil is my favourite BE item, I started out using the normal one and then tried the illuminating version but it was a little too sparkly so I'm back to the original now, I will use the illuminating version for nights out. I have purchased some eye shadows which I think are great. The only issue I would have is the price of the product here in Ireland, it is not widely available and is quite expensive to buy where it is available so now I check the products out in store and order from QVC, maybe not the most honest way but purchasing from QVC is half the price including the postal costs. Another bonus is that the makeup is powder instead of liquid so no problem at the airports. To conclude I think it’s a great product and if you practise application it can almost give an airbrushed appearance and who wouldn't want that from our makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've always had rather dry skin and break out easily so I've always been an avid user of liquid foundations. However, they always emphasized the flakes around my forehead and nose. The last I used (and still use) is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for which I had to shell out 63 CAD. While it worked well, it seriously feels like a second skin, it still somewhat emphasized the dryness and did cover pimples but not all that well.

However, I've been a lot more careful with my choices in makeup (i.e. I return anything that breaks me out to Sephora and am a lot more aware of products since coming to MUA regularly). I've also found a great moisturizer and so my skin is now nearly flawless. I do have some slightly red patches around my chin, very large pores on my forehead and blackheads on my chin and nose along with the occasional pimple. But I don't have any major skin issue, even the dryness has diminished a lot.

I've never thought of trying powder foundations but I did receive this as a sample from Sephora along with a brush and primer. I tried it as a finishing powder on top of my Guerlain foundation and looked cakey as hell. Also throw away the small brush, it's useless. I am so glad I gave this a try on its own (albeit on top of primer) because the results are magnificent. It does not look cakey at all, evens out my tone and covers all small imperfections. The color is fine for my as well as I am rather fair (NC15, Guerlain 02, ELDW 1.0, MUFE HD 115/117). It looks like I'm wearing absolutely nothing at all and gives me the most natural healthy 'glow from within' look. I can say for sure that this is my HG foundation. I do become a little oily towards the end of the day but after years of my skin drying out I won't even complain - I'll just get some blotting sheets or buy the matte version next time as I hear it controls oil better.

I can see why this has received low reviews. Get a sample from Sephora and don't buy if you have major imperfections to cover up or if you have oily or very dry skin. Otherwise, I highly recommend it and I've already managed to snag the last full size in stock!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a big fan of this product - no matter how I prep my skin, the product tends to cling to pores, furrows, or dry patches, highlighting those issues - not the look anyone is really going for. And it doesn't seem to make a difference how much blending w/a variety of brushes I do, it still looks cakey. The mineral veil alone over a ligth luminizer (I like Makeup Forever) works much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by JSandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the Bare Minerals matte foundation (spf 15) and mineral veil. I find the foundation emphasizes pores and does not cover blackheads unless you put LOTS on which then makes it look cakey and unnatural. It does however make my face matte for longer than other makeups. But looking awful is not worth that. It also does not last all day, maybe 6 hours at the most.