Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone Silylate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysilicone-11, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Caffeine, Silica Silylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alumina, Silica, Methicone, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum. Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 2/27/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Oh, how I want this to work for me but something in this formulation makes my skin react. Every time I wear this my rosacea flares. I've tried to deny it because the finish of this liquid is beautiful, albeit drying, but I cannot deny it any longer as I have to get out the cortisone cream after applying this each time.

The fluid is so light so it would be perfect for summer. I was given 2NC1 and it is perfect for my NC25 LLL skin tone. (I tried 2WN1 and it was too yellow so try these in the outdoors.) I fought with the SA a tad but she was right. These colors run warm and tend to oxidize as they dry.

I do think this foundation is hard for those who have dry skin to pull off. I currently am sporting dry skin and this intensifies my dry skin like no other foundation I have. After wearing it, my skin looks extra crepe-y putting me in a cycle of piling on more and more moisturizers just to wear this, making me think this might be better for normal to combination/oily skin types.

My HG foundation! I am a product junkie and I rarely stick to one foundation. I have purchased this many times. This foundation is perfect for aging skins and my 20 year old daughter loves it as well. It's lightweight and still provides coverage. I get many compliments while wearing this foundation.

on 2/13/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably in my top 10 foundations ever. I love the coverage and texture of this foundation, it blends into the skin, matches well and doesn't make my skin overly dry.

I have dryish skin, NC25ish and I wear 2WN1.

on 2/8/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Color skews very warm when it dries, not necessarily a problem, but if you're warmtoned you may want to try a cooltone in a lighter shade than you'd suspect. Have a counter demo and wear it home to look at in other light before buying or settling on a color, even if it looks ok in the EL triple light mirror. Matte finish, buildable, did neutralize red patches, but I need more moisture. This foundation left my dry-mature skin looking crepey a couple hours later.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Please note that I am writing this review from an SA's point of view. I just attended a training session where we were "updated" on the use and application of this foundation. So basically, this review is to give everyone some tips about the use of the foundation so they will get the best results. First of all, you MUST shake this bottle 15 times so the beads inside can aereate the foundation and "fluff" it up. When it comes out of the bottle, it is suppposed to be "mousse like" . Secondly, they have advised us that this is best applied with your FINGERS. No brush, or sponges, fingers only.

The third point was that ALL these foundations are neutrals you just have to see if you are warm or cool toned, because ALL the colors have what Estee Lauder calls "Intuitone" technology to blend with the users skin tone.

And lastly, this is supposed to a medium to buildable coverage. I KNOW you are all going "WTF" right now. However, this is supposed to be a "see no makeup and feel no makeup" product, so how and why they can claim a medium to buildable coverage is beyond me. As an SA I find this one of the most difficult foundations in the line to work with. I really feel this is for the women that tell me "I don't want people to know I'm wearing makeup" or for someone young who has excellent skin (and then why would you wear MU anyway)?

Runs approximately $36 USD at any Estee Lauder counter.

on 2/5/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Favorite foundation now that my skin is very dry! Doesnt show up my dry patches which basically are all over my face at the moment. I use a moisturiser (apivita aqua moisturiser dry skin types) and clarins beauty flash balm as a primer. Light coverage (a bit more coverage of tinted moisturiser) so i use my trusty estee lauder double wear concealer in 01 light to cover redness. Lasts all day with a touch of powder on the top! Blends so easily perfect color match i am shade 1n1 (mac nc15 mixed with nw15 revlon colorstay buff mixed with ivory). Nice that i dont need to mix anything to get a perfect color. The consistency is like no other it is very liquidy almost like colored water! Because it is so liquidy product comes out the squeeze top very easily and if you leave the bottle up side down when you twist the cap open product comes out! Not the best packiging for traveling! This is a even lighter version of the double wear light for me.
Estee lauder double wear original: full coverage oily, very oily skin types
Estee lauder double wear light: medium coverage all skin types not very dry skin types though
Estee lauder invisible fluid: light coverage normal, dry, very dry

on 1/25/2013 2:36:00 PM

Very nice foundation! Natural looking, not cakey at all and it doesn't enhance dry patches. I really like it to even out my skintone and get a natural every day look. I just apply with my fingers, it blends very easily.

The finish is not too glowy and not too matte, I'd say it's satin. I like it, because it really just looks like my skin, no need for powder or shimmer.

They have a nice color range and I found a great match.

on 1/6/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very nice and light foundation. It is very sheer, so it would be a waste if you are looking for something that gives you good coverage. I use it to even out my skin tone, for which it is wonderful. It is so light that it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Usually, my boyfriend hates foundation, but he doesn't notice this one.

on 1/3/2013 4:17:00 PM

I love this foundation. It gives my skin a nice even finish and makes my skin look healthy. It blends really well and feels light. I have had no breakout problems with this foundation.

The only small downside for me is that it transfers the color. Even if i touch my face with my hands, my nails get a small bit of foundation on them. If I touch it with clothing, it leaves marks on them. It does however not smudge on my face.

on 12/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am loving this foundation! I am pale with pink undertones and 1CN1 is perfect for me! No makeup feel and makes my skin look great! Covers inperfections and redness too. I finally found my hg foundation <3