July 23, 2014 | 1826 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is Horrid!! It is sticky and a little greasy.. I actually don't use it because the first few times I have it wasn't a good experience. The whole point and the actual name of the foundation is "stay matte" which was so annoying because it didnt do that at all it gets really greasy and shiny quickly! Its a shame because the stay matte powder is amazing its the best pressed powder I have ever used! The foundation was such a let down and you have to use heaps of it to cover your full face so its also disappointing that a little does not go a long way for this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by EmmaSalvatore

I bought this foundation because I was looking for a matte foundation that lasts all day I brought the newer foundation as the person below and it is TERRIBLE
I BEG U NOT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT
It broke me out
It oxidises into an orange colour
It lasts 2 hours then starts fadimg
it's just so terrible
I hate it
And will NEVER be repurchasing this product ever !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

Hands-down worst foundation i have ever tried. i bought the newer version of Rimmel Stay Matte foundation when i ran out of my beloved Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. this bottle has a green banner on it and claims to contain kind to kin ingredients such as cotton and camomile, so i thought it was worth testing. the application wasn't great a it had quite a greasy texture one applied to the skin, and it oxidized to an orange tone, it was awful. the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation provided very little coverage, i was so disappointed with the results.
the only good points to this foundation was the packaing, the squeezy tube was easy to dispense the product and the nozzle was very hygenic.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product coz it says 'matte'. I have an oily skin but this foundation does not stay matte at all... I am so disappointed! It does not have a good coverage too and it does not stay on your face much. everytime you use it, you should refresh it in evey 2 hours. Rimmel stay matte is a total disappoinment!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Marbon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One positive thing about this foundation is that the bottle lasts for quite a long time. One thing I have noticed however is that it's quite okay for the first 2 hours but then it eventually starts getting quite cake-y so to speak. And i'm quite careful not to overdo it yet it still feels cakey after a while. I''ll definitely be looking for another foundation once I'm done with this bottle

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by StudioFixMak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the colour '103 true ivory', because it was the lightest one in stock. Its a little too dark for my skin, but most makeup is (gah)
I only bought it recently but thus far it works much better than my napoleon foundation in terms of covering acne scars. Its reduced shine too, and i haven't broken out yet which is a plus
I like the packaging, its easy to get the product out and doesnt feel cheap
overall i think i better colour range would be good but i would buy this again in the lighter colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Britforever26

NO. DO NOT BUY THIS OK? Belieave me I love mate, but this is not mate, I dont even know what it is, its just, its not EVEN foundation, like, I cant even say ok, maybe today I will wear this to the beach, NO. When you put it on it leaves patches all over your face, it looks like some places of the face you have nothing on and in the other you have a lot, I mean, I have tried brushes, sponges, my fingers, but just NO. Its like dirty water, just NO.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please do yourself a favour and do NOT buy this. It is a waste of money (even though I got it quite cheap $15NZD). First of all the shade is a bit too orangey when you put it on. Second, the consistency is literally like acryllic paint, and does NOT blend well. Third, the product seems to sink into my skin (hence the not blending well). Now I do not have dry skin by any stretch of the imagination, but once I was done applying this I looked flakey and gross. Such a shame because I love the stay matte powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by cclaire4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought after my success with the stay matte powder (freaking amazing) , I'd give the foundation a go. And at a reasonable price, I thought, why not. Oh what a waste of money! Now, I'm usually not too fussy when it comes to foundations, because I always use a primer and powder, so I can usually make the worst foundations look decent. But this, I had to remove as soon as I put it on. I got the lightest shade, but it was too dark for me, and came out so orange! Not to mention, it was super blotchy, even after minutes of blending and then powdering. I looked like I'd got a terrible fake tan or something! Really disappointed because, as I said, I adore the powder in this range. You win some you lose some, I guess, and Rimmel definitely lost on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddictionist

This foundation promises an twelve hour natural shine control, for a fresh matte finish. Applying this to my t-zone, it did not affect the oiliness any better or worse as they already were. As for my parts which were neither oily or dry, gave an impression of an soft matte feeling. The foundation itself did not cover up any redness or dark under eye circles. It has a very light coverage which would be more suitable for those who already have good skin. The benefits of this foundation for good skinned people would be an radiant appearance. I would not say that the foundation would last any longer than four hours. It comes out of an liquid consistence, very quick to blend and observe into your skin. Recommended for those who have pink undertones.