Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 9/3/2014 2:26:00 PM

This is by far the worst feeling I've ever got wearing a foundation. it hardened and flaked on me, felt and lokked as if I applued a hard clay, orange toned mask on my skin. Tient Idole was my holy grail foundation, until they had re formulated it, now you could not pay me to use this stuff. Don't recommend.

on 8/27/2014 2:23:00 PM

I love this foundation, it's one of the only foundations that doesn't break me out! The finish is semi-matte (matte but not dull, leaves just a slight glow on my skin which I love). The coverage is medium to full and it really does last a long time on my skin without any touch ups.

However I have really struggled to match my skin tone with this foundation. I was first matched at a Lancôme counter to the shade 03, it looked nice in the department store lighting however I soon realised it oxidised and was too orange. A week later I went to a different Lancôme counter and the counter manager agreed that 03 was too dark/orange for my skin tone, she tried the next shade down which was 02 but we both agreed that was far too pink, I finally settled for another shade down 01 which was better but still not perfect, this one is slightly too pale but I can make it work with extra bronzer!

It's such a shame that I can't get a good colour match for a foundation that I really like.

on 8/26/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love foundations with a more yellow undertone and this foundation is perfect for me. I wear the color 410 bisque W and seriously, it's the best yellow time foundation I have found! It is pretty matte when you first out it on and it does get a little dewy after a couple hours so I need to powder up especially around my nose and forehead area so that's a bummer. But if I had to compare it with other matte foundations like Mac Prolong wear or Estée Lauder double wear! I think this has a great color match for my skin and you can always powder up!! Love it :)

on 8/13/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had high hopes for this foundation but it let me down. I have oily skin but the finish was way too matt for me and I ended up looking older than I am. The foundation also dries up very quickly on skin, so it's difficult to blend it or put on cream blush. It wears OK but after 8 hours I started to shine through. For this price (54 € in Finland, around 72 dollars, we have ridiculous taxes here), there are better alternatives out there. The search for the HG foundation continues...

Pros:
- Good coverage (medium)
- Excellent shade for my pale skin (005 beige ivoire)
- Didn't break my skin

Cons:
- Finish is too matt and unnatural
- It's not easily blendable
- Feels like a mask and sometimes looks like one too
- Settles into pores making them seem huge
- It isn't worth its hefty price

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Like a lot of other reviewers, I lived EL double wear but sometimes the finish was just TOO matte/flat. With Lancôme teint idole I get the wear and coverage but with a beautiful finish!! Best of both worlds. I will forever repurchase this foundation!

I really love this foundation; I love ALL Lancôme foundation in fact! Teint Idole stays in place, has a beautiful satiny finish, wears well throughout day and night. The coverage is buildable, so I can apply it sheer with a damp beauty blender on the areas of my face with no scarring or flaws, but build up around the edges of my nose to hide redness and places on my face with acne scarring. It seems to dry very quickly to me, and the formula gives me a bit of trouble in terms of spreading it, but it's no big deal. The color I have unfortunately is too pale for me now because my face and body have tanned slightly thIs summer, but this winter I will break this baby out again. I love how the coverage is full enough to cover flaws, yet my freckles on my face are still visible, so it doesn't look mask-like. I do a light spattering of this over bareMinerals Prime Time foundation primer, tap a little more onto blemishes/flaws/scarring with a concealer brush, and set with a light dusting of bareMinerals Matte mineral makeup. Finish with a super light dusting of bareMinerals Mineral Veil and my face looks flawless. I will be repurchasing, but this bottle has lasted me 5 months so far and it's still not gone because I rotate with other foundations. An all around good staple in your makeup bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pros:
satin finish
medium to full coverage
pump!!!!! (yes baby)
great color selection
no breakouts
(and this is just for me but its got a rose and i love roses :)

Cons:
price 45.50
despite claims, does transfer and needs retouching
has denatured alcohol (which dried out skin)

For reference I am 320 Bisque in Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Barcelona in Nars, around NC40?

I really thought this would be my HG. Its a very good foundation, way better than my Nars Sheer Glow. I just wish it had the lasting power of Estee Lauder but i hated the flat and bland finish of Estee Lauder. This is more matte than Nars and less matte than EL. On hyperpigmentation, going over with another dab of the foundation covers up well without looking cakey. Does last me a full day (10+ hrs) even with heavy sweating in the summer sun. Lightweight and with a natural finish. However, even with setting spray, primer, and powder it does tend to break around the nose area, upper lip and shin which i hate. I have to smooth down the lines around my mouth when around 4 hours so that sucks. Does transfer so ugh. I just wish EL and Lancome did the nasty and birthed a hybrid with Lancome's finish but with EL's staying power. This is a medium to full coverage while i'd say EL is more full coverage. Overall a really good foundation for a summer but after I'm done with the bottle i will be on the hunt for another foundation. Also, love the classy look of the bottle and has a nice pump. For my face, two pumps covers all.

on 8/1/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have melasma and this covers it nicely, my skin is oily with big pores and this foundation makes my face look flawless. I also breakout occasionally and this make up did not cause any acne💗. I will repurchase again last all day long. I put my sunscreen then this finish with lose powder and your good as gold.

on 7/24/2014 6:20:00 AM

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this foundation and I am quite pleased and happy. This has a light to medium coverage and is easily buildable. This product lasts on my skin all day and even though I am quite acne prone I haven't encounter extreme breakouts and this product doesn't make my skin shiny either. Overall this is a great product and I love using this :) x

I tried this because I wanted a nice foundation for when I do fancy things. The color match perfectly, the coverage was medium, which is what I like. I have acne hyperpigmentation and the usual weekly breakouts but I don't like to hide under makeup. Anyway, this broke me out and it made me look oily. This didn't work for me, but I gave it to my mom and it worked absolutely beautifully! My cousin also uses it, and it looks great on her... You win some, you lose some :(