October 1, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this color very dark on the outer corners and blend it to the inner corners and BAM! Instant smokey eye with ONE color. For a more intense look, you can also define the crease with Carbon, or any black matte shadow. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. I have blue eyes and am not a fan of shimmery bronzes, sparkling chocolates and shiny copper shadows that are continuously recommended for my eye color. I typically use this with a light hand on the crease and outter edges, as well as a smudged/blended dash of it under my lower lashes. I then line the inner lower lid with a creamy flesh-colored eye pencil (which makes my eyes look HUGE!) then some lengthening mascara and voila! The color itself somewhat mimics the color of natural shadows on the skin so it creates a very natural looking smokey eye (depending on how heavy/light you apply it). I love that it gives a sort of sublte-badass look without looking to rock and roll or skanky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have eyes that are either blue or green ... probably more on the blue side, but depends on what I wear. At 45 I don't wear alot of colour on my eyes, but I still need colour on my face so when I'm not wearing a grey or black eyeliner, I'm wearing eyeshadow. Warmer colours do not go well with my eyeclour, so instead I'm into greys. MAC Scene Satin is not too dark, not too light. I can wear it during the day and it helps my eyes stand out just enough (without liner or shadow my eyes are small and disappear). I wear this colour on two thirds of my eyes, with a little highlighter on the inner corners. Good pigment, lasts all day. What more can a girl want : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I primarily purchase MAC eyeshadows to build my collection so that I have most colors for every look, so I purchased Scene because I did not have a color like it, and I love love love smokey eyes. I do not know how to feel about this eyeshadow. It is not as pigmented as I would like and is a bit chalkier than other MAC shadows, but it still is quite nice, especially for toning down really dark looks, as a transition color. As others have stated, it is quite blotchy and not very easy to blend, but nothing that is unworkable. I am hoping that I just haven't found the correct technique or usage for it yet, because I do not want to swap it or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by DollxFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a teenager so i don't have enough money to buy tons of eyeshadows & i was searching for one that could last me awhile. This eyeshadow is absolutely amazing , just amazing . I love it for a smokey eye & it blends really well & matches basically any grays or blacks. I blend it with a black ( kinda like a MAC Carbon black ) & it gives me a great smokey look. I dont know why it's only rated 4.1 , maybe because it doesnt work well on it's own & doesnt match light tones, but definitely a product worth a try ! I think it would last a while too, though if i do run out ; i will save up endlessly to purchase another one !
lovelovelovelove!

UPDATE ON 25/06/09
Been wearing it for about 7 hours now! Even gone in the shower! ( didn't wet my eye ) still no crease, and i put another colour over it ( for a sparkly smokey eye ) and they have all still be stinking! I have made a dent already!
But will repurchase, no doubt about that!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I like the colour. My problem with this eye shadow is that it is difficult to blend and goes on all blotchy. UPDATE With my Wiindshield Wiper brush (MAC 36 - very old and still perfect - don't these numbers anymore) it actually goes on a lot better and is a great colour. Give it one more lippy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SQUISITA22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wasn't impressed with the shadow. I'm a devoted MAC girl, and this just did not do it for me. I had to apply over 5 coats for this to look pigmented on me (NW35). I have black hair and blue eyes and this made me look like a diseased woman coming out of trash can. Ehk, not flattering at all, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaae

i love this - it's a gorgeous color on it's own or with others - i love it with typograph as a really thick liner, followed above with steamy and up into the crease. Shroom for a highlight and black mascara... it's SO blendable and easy to use. It doesn't compete with my blue eyes either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by CTP

This is the best grey/gray eyeshadow! HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pigment for my NC15 skin! When I put this on and line my eyes with the Boot Black liquid eyeliner, I get instantly dramatic eyes. Plus, it's not too dark, so I can wear it in the daytime as well. I really love this color for the smoky eye look!