April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first tinted moisturizer I have tried. It doesn't break me out and goes on really well doesn't set fast you have plenty of time to apply and blend. It is buildable, covers my acne marks, blemishes, and redness without looking like a mask. It is natural looking.The only thing that I would say that was a negative was that I have to blot or apply my tarte smooth operator powder to set every three hours.... Not much staying power but other than that totally love:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mvaldovinos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to avoid using foundation everyday. It has a very light coverage and it does not make me break out or clog my pores. I love it, I just wish it was less oily but it's easy to blend and good for everyday use for those that want to give their skin a little break from foundation. During the summer it was too light for me and nars doesn't have a big color selection for this product. I would buy it again for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome coverage and SPF protection!

I've used tinted moisturizers for a long time now because my skin is too dry for powders and I really dislike the heavy coverage of foundation on my skin. After I finished my well-liked drugstore brand, I decided I'd treat myself to something a little nicer and so I tried various samples @ Sephora.

DiorSkin was nice but the colors were odd on me... Stila was nice but the SPF was skimpy... finally I tried the spanking new Nars TM and fell in love!!!

St. Moritz looked awesome on my skin, had the slightest hint of shimmer and was very sheer, which I really dig. It doesn't look like I have a flawless but fake-looking mask... just really nice skin. The cherry on top is definitely the generous SPF.

I knew I had found a good thing when I wasn't able to find it anywhere... sold out, sold out! Finally found it in a smaller Sephora! I will be wearing this for a long while. Since I'm a product ho, though, I will most likely move on to the next popular thing when it runs out. :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was searching for a TM to use it on days when I don't want a lot of coverage, like going into nature. I didn't like the coverage of the Laura Mercier one.

PROs:
- coverage and benefits

CONs:
- it is just a TM, so the price is kind-of steep, though you get more product than for a foundation (price is approx. the same). Korean BB creams are more affordable: I liked Lioele Dollish Veil Vita more - it stays matte for sooooo long (never experienced it before with TM or BB's; when applied doesn't give the flat appearance , and the coverage is just great. I agree that I am comparing apples and pears, but still
- colors: Alaska is light enough but to yellow, Groenland is too dark but the right color/undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. To be fair, I've never worn foundation because I'm not a fan of heavy products on my face. This is also the very first tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. BUT WITH THAT SAID.... it's perfect in every way possible!! It has awesome coverage for something that's not a foundation. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look fresh and dewy. I love that it's a broad spectrum SPF. Not sure about the other skin claims it makes. That wasn't the reason I bought it anyway.

I'm also an extremely lazy person so I like that I don't have to use moisturizer in the mornings when I wear this. I'm middle eastern and the alaska shade matches my skin to a T. It looks completely natural and it washes off easily with my dove soap at the end of the day.

It is a little pricey, about $42 for 1.9 oz. But I justified buying it because it's a two-in-one deal so I stopped using my regular moisturizer in the morning. I bought it in april, and 4 months later I'm only halfway through the tube. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

NARS is one of my favorite cosmetics lines - ever. They make very high quality products, and their foundation color range is second or tied to Bobbi Brown (who I think has the best foundation colors). The color on this was great (I used Alaska), because it has a very yellow base that is flattering on my skin tone and never made me look orange or pink, which I absolutely loathe.

Another positive about this tinted moisutrizer was the fact that even though it has titanium dioxide in it, I never saw a whitish cast on my face. Add to the fact that it never made me breakout, and had a good level of coverage, this is a very good product.

But why wouldn't I repurchase? I have decided that my skin does not take well to tinted moisturizers, I'm too oily. Even after powdering, this just became far too dewy on me, and ended up separating in places. I need my foundation to stay in place longer than that.

If I were to buy a tinted moisturizer ever again, this would be it, because it is a very well done product. But with the lightweight formula foundations they have out now that offer a satin/real-skin finish (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Armani Maestro Foundation), I'd rather opt for one of those and avoid an oil slick on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Maycup000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product gives decent coverage, it's leaves the skin with a dewy/matte finish. It has a slight citrus scent that is daily pleasant, fairly pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by chechi

I have this in the shade cuba. I always wear this under primer since I work 12 hour shifts (it does not last long otherwise). I really enjoy using this product since it has an spf, and is complementary to my skin tone (has a yellow base). It evens out the skin tone and is moisturizing as well and you do need a concealer for additional coverage of blemishes, etc... I prefer this over the bobbi brown TM

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this item in a swap. I typically stay away from tinted moisturizer because I thought I needed more coverage. I was wrong! I still use a primer with this, followed by some under eye and spot concealer and a light dusting of powder. The finish is beautiful. It is natural and perfect for day time in the summer. I have large pores and combination skin - leaning on oily but with dry patches. I have no issues with this settling into my pores, which is usually my issues - however this might be due to the primer. I have not tried it without a primer, but with it (I use Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer) it lasts pretty much through out the day with a few touch up with powder here and there.

I might still wear something a tad heavier in the evenings / nights, but that is just preference. I don't know much about the shades but took a chance on the shade Finland and it's a perfect match for my fair, NC15ish skin tone. Although does look a tad orange when I squeeze it in my hand, it blends to a nice match on my skin.

One thing I really like about this product, which I hate to admit because I usually stray away from it, is the fragrance. It just smells really nice and fresh. I love the spf content in this and overall it's a win-win product for me.

After using this I would be curious to try Nars other foundations because I never have. It is a tad pricey, but I have never minded spending more money on face / skin products if I really like the result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

despite very misleading swatches of st moritz online, it is the perfect color for nc30. alaska was a little light and I will pick it up in the winter if my skin is still behaving.

I recently tried LM tm, it was a solid product but left a little to yearn for as it was too shiny without powder, and I have combo skin. I also thought sand was too dark while nude was too pale for my current color.
so, I headed out to try another tm and fell in love with this one.
unlike LM, this does not have a weird slip and stick feeling. it is very emollient and the best all in one where I don't have to use anything else on my face, honestly. Most other tms are not lacking in coverage but require extra steps, which defeats the purpose especially for summer when I don't want to layer things on just to have it slide off or cake up.

this is the lightest and creamiest tm I have ever tried, and it covers so well. I don't have bad skin, and I can bypass concealer for dark spots with this too. I really like this for an every day look that just radiates "au naturel" even when its not. women constantly compliment how great my skin looks and how I don't even use anything...yes....indeed...*shifty eyes*....