April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a light to medium skintone so I purchased the Creme Glow. I like the coverage and the lightweight feel of this cream. Gives me enough coverage to even out my skintone and blur my large pores. I like that it is an all in one product however in this winter my combo skin still requires me to use a moisturizer underneath. Gives a nice natural glow to my skin that isn't greasy or oily looking.
Edit: Caused breakouts :-(((

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

i had 'creme glow' and it has a reddish brown tint that I did not like.
The consistency is good and it does not cake (well, because it's so light). Does not break me out and i like the consistency.
However, the color makes me look just a bit browner (dirtier) and I do not like that.

I learned to mix this with another BB cream that is too white and it's a perfect color blend for me.

I will not buy again b/c of the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just ran out of my Tarte TM (which I love) but wanted to try something new. The Too Faced BB Cream looked good. I am glad I received a sample from Sephora. I prefer to try before I buy. I got it in Vanilla Glow, the colour actually looks lighter than Agent 00 in Tarte TM. Unfortunately, Vanilla Glow is totally off for me. It looks much too dark and weird on me. That's why I have given it only 3 lippies. If there would be a lighter colour, I think this would be amazing! Spreads well and feels like you are wearing nothing. The tube is cute and hygenic. For reference, I am NW15-20.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to be my new HG, but unfortunately the shade range is abysmal. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade, and yet it is a little too dark and WAY too yellow-based for my cool, fair, pink-based skin. When I sampled this in the store I was worried that it wouldn't match well, but since it blended into the skin so well I thought I could make it work. I gave it a solid week-long trial period, and alas, no matter how little I apply or how I apply it (tried brush and fingers), it just looks wrong, and kind of orange. And then I have to put more on my neck and decolletage to make it match. I exchanged it for Tarte's Smooth Operator in Agent 00, which for $4 more is a much better skin match for me.
There are lots of good things about this product. I like the consistency and sheer coverage. I love the vintage-look packaging, and the hygienic squeeze tube. If you don't put powder on top, it could be hydrating enough to take the place of your day moisturizer. However, I need powder, and once I add some my skin feels dry for a while if I don't use another moisturizer. For the price, I'd kind of like it to totally replace my day lotion.
I give this three lippies because I think it's a good product, it just doesn't work for me. If Too Faced ever releases a lighter shade, I'll give it another shot.
If you have pink-toned skin and you're in doubt about the shade, don't chance it. Skip this one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

E.T.A.: It's mid-December, and I am more in love with Tinted Beauty Balm than when I previously reviewed it.

It's a perfect, long-wearing (full workday and beyond) foundation for my combo complexion. I prep with a layer of Revlon Photo Ready Perfecting Primer and apply Tinted Beauty Balm with a paddle type foundation brush to my entire face. Gently pat product into under eye area, brush a little extra onto one cheek to neutralize excess redness, and set with a matte finish pressed powder applied with a brush.

The result for me is a true "blank canvas" complexion. My pores disappear, my fine lines are almost invisible, and red discoloration vannishes. The effect lasts very well, although it does "soften up" later in the day and fine lines become more obvious, but my skintone remains even and healthy-looking. Cosmetics applied over this product stay put. Tinted Beauty Balm's priming properties make a great base for additional foundation. I've brushed M.A.C. Studio Fix over it at the workday's end and was back to perfected, decade-younger smoothness.

I'm still mystified by the marketing of Tinted Beauty Balm as having a "glow." This is decidedly satin matte on my combination skin and I apply generously to benefit from the non-chemical SPF 20. I don't see a hint of sparkle, glitter, luminosity, radiance, or sheen. Many reviewers cite this product as quite sheer, more a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, but I get great coverage for my light-to-moderate imperfections.

Its moisturizing properties are minimal -- oil-free product -- but my skin really seems to love it and appear healthier even after I've removed the makeup. I definitely feel I've got my money's worth in this purchase. I'm on my second tube of Vanilla Glow and will sample Snow Glow to see if the color match is better.

Finally, many detractors attack this product for not being a "real BB cream." If they read the label, Tinted Beauty Balm is the name of the product, but TF calls it a "multi benefit skin care makeup." At no time has TF ever called it a BB cream to the best of my knowledge.

PREVIOUS REVIEW

FYI: I am a Latina with very fair olive complexion. My extremely oily skin has matured to true combination (dry forehead, oily nose and chin, normal cheeks). I have mild to moderate facial redness, slightly enlarged pores on my nose, sensitive skin, moderate dark circles, and very light facial lines.

I'm crazy about Tinted Beauty Balm and it has become my regular daytime makeup product of choice.

I like the consistency (lightweight, but creamy), the color (Vanilla Glow = excellent match and the yellow tones help neutralize facial redness), and the coverage (lovely enhancement of skin). It boasts effective SPF 20 (mineral sunscreen) and beneficial antioxidants, and an attractive, comfortable, moist (not glittery) finish. It applies easily and is pretty wearable. It is also somewhat water resistant.

My standard daytime makeup routine:

1) Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer
2) Beauty Balm (generous application to protect face)
3) Concealer (if needed)
4) Pressed powder (dusted on nose, chin and cheeks
5) Powder blush and/or bronzer/illuminator
6) Lip liner, cream lipstick, blot, gloss
7) Primed and Poreless Powder (swept lightly over face with a fan brush)
8) Eye liner and mascara (if I feel like it).

This look lasts all day (except lip color).

Without primer, the makeup does fade and "soak into" the skin. I'm very satisfied with the look, most of my imperfections blend away.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

I got this several months ago! it was 32$ i believe.. I was a bit uneasy as I had not tried many bb creams yet, but saw this, and talked to a store assoc about it for a while. She tried it on my skin to do a look with, and I fell in love at the counter! it had smooth even coverage on my fair skin, covered quite a few of my freckles (bonus!!) and really helped my skin through summer! I try not to use foundation in summer as i find it just melts off! I always set this with powder so I do not look oily or dewy.. which in my opinion there is a very fine line to be walked there! I am not too fond of a dewy look so I use either my milani powder to set, or I use some of the WNW natural loose powder, and I get a great look with it! I don't feel cakey, or orange, and my cheeks have def utilized the SPF!!! when i have the 32 in my makeup budget again i will repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by melanielh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My first review here at MUA! Although I have long used the site to read reviews. At any rate - I thought I'd give the BB cream fad a try, as I'm always looking to streamline my routine. I'm 50, with good skin, still slightly oily in the T-zone, and very fair. This BB cream did not work for me. When I first put it on, I thought that it would - it went on very evenly, and looked as if it matched my skin color. However, an hour later I saw myself in a mirror. Not good. I have large pores and they looked even bigger than usual; this cream is too "glowy" for me, I guess. It just magnified every flaw (my pores, fine lines), and the color turned a bit orangey on me. It was tough to blend concealer on this, as well; everything just seemed to melt. Will be returning this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by redsugar723

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic for a specific type of skin. I love the consistency and it doesn't feel greasy. If you have generally clear skin that needs just a little coverage to even out tone, and is also either normal or on the dry side, you will love this. For more coverage use concealer for problem areas and finish with a powder (I use the Too Faced pressed powder) and your skin will glow. The color of Too Faced products match my skin exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by victorianhippie2

On my search for the perfect product for my face makeup (I didn't know if I wanted BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer or Foundation) I got samples of several different department store brands. Laura Mercier TM, which, in my opinion was FABULOUS, but a little pricey at $43.00, NARS, Shisedo TM, Sephora TM, DiorSkin, Benefit YouRebel BB Cream, Bobbi Brown oil-free foundation and last but not least Too Faced BB Cream in Cream Glow which was my favorite for my skin. I LOVE the texture, the finish and the staying power that this BB Cream offers. I am 49 y/o and this does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles even after all day wear. It's GREAT. I'm glad that I got a sample of that because I almost went with the Laura Mercier TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very yellow and have a problem with foundation looking pink. This one is pretty great. Can have an ashy tint to it, but I think that's the sunscreen. It's not enough to be an issue. I use it daily and really like it. Wanted to try some others bc, well you know how that goes, but I'm sticking to this.