Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 8/31/2014 6:45:00 AM

I've used this a few times since I got it. I have the shades Ivory and True Ivory (mixed together in winter, True Ivory on its own in spring/summer).

As I write this, I put this on at 10:30 AM today, and here I am at 8:30 PM, and it still looks fairly good. I could touch up if I wanted to, but it looks just fine as is. I wore it over Mecca Cosmetica's "To Save Face", which is a broad-spectrum physical moisturising sunscreen.

I have combination-oily skin that is experiencing some dryness lately due to the Australian winter. This could cling to dry patches, but I didn't really see it crack on my slight dryness around my nose. I am MAC NW20 (I reckon I'm really NC20, but I did get matched by separate MUAs) and NARS Deauville, with fair to light skin that has a neutral blend of pink and yellow tones.

Some people might be turned off by the sparkle, but I quite like it. Given the SPF 15 in it, I wouldn't wear this out at night as it might have a white cast. I didn't previously think Rimmel was much chop for anything except lip liners, but this foundation is pretty much a home run.

Packaging: I like the orange accents, but the cap doesn't stay on. Don't pick it up just by the cap as this is a glass bottle, folks! It's also too tall to stand in my makeup drawer, so I leave the cap off.

Shade Selection: Ivory is pretty pale, so the PPP crowd is catered for (Rimmel being an English brand, they'd have to have some pale shades!), but I wouldn't say the selection is that great for darker-skinned ladies.

Price: I think I paid $13.00 AUD at Target when it was on sale. It's normally $19.95 or so, a little cheaper than Maybelline and CoverGirl tend to be here, and much cheaper than Revlon, L'Oreal and Max Factor.

Would I buy it again? Perhaps. I love trying the latest and greatest foundations, but this one was quite lovely.

on 8/30/2014 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I really like this foundation, I bought it as a little "skin enhancer" for when I had my good skin days when I was at sail camp. my skin is VERY reactive and acne prone while also having an oily t zone.

pros:
-lightweight
-smells WONDERFUL
-leaves my skin glowing
-not heavy
-has a pump (which did make it more expensive in canada)
-lasted through 8hrs of sweating and physical activity

cons:
-COLOUR SELECTION
I got really tanned and the darkest shade is too light for my summer colour

all in all, I really like this foundation. I would definitely repurchase.

I love this foundation! I have extremely dry skin so I have to use water based foundations. When I first bought this I wasn't too fond of it but I've grown to love it and have been able to make it work for my skin. I used the MAC Face and Body foundation for a while but it is pretty expensive so I turned to this. It covers everything I want, I have a lot of redness around my cheeks and nose, and it leaves my skin looking dewy! I have the matching concealer as well but I prefer the foundation more.

on 8/23/2014 3:32:00 AM

I haven't used drugstore make up in about 20 years and I have to say I'm now a convert. I would say this is comparable to nars sheer glow but at less than 1/3 of the price. I would recommend finger application for a natural finish. I actually find it long lasting, especially if used with a serum.

on 8/20/2014 5:45:00 PM

I love this product i come out with a lot of blemishes and this product covers them up so easily it also look pretty flawless and so natural its matte as well which is also brilliant if u have oily skin

on 8/18/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was initially hesitant to purchase this foundation because it seemed to have sparkles in it - which is the last thing I want with my normal to oily combo skin. However, I have not had any issues with sparkles or glitter! This foundation has a nice dewy finish. I use a primer and MAC powder to set this, and the lasting power has actually been really good for me - despite other reviews. The colour range is not bad. It does not feel overly greasy. I like the smell and the packaging is really good. The coverage is quite good - medium and build-able. Would highly recommend.

on 7/30/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation it's now a staple in my daily makeup routine it's very simple shimmer it has it amazing it makes you look more awake. I got this on offer for £6 but I have seen it in superdrug for around £8/£9 which is one of rimmels more expensive foundations but I love it and totally recommend.

on 7/30/2014 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It'd probably be the best foundation in a history of foundations for me if it did not get me oily throughout the day. The smell is very light and fresh, the color is perfect (rather for darker types i guess), coverage is medium and I looove the sparks it leaves on your skin. Too bad it is just rather shiny so not very suitable for oily skin like mine. It lasts me around 2 hours only and then my skin is oily, even when I use a mattifying primer and set it all with powder. I wish I had normal skin, because then I would be so obssesed with this and would never change it with any other drugstore foundation. So in conclusion, if you have normal/dry skin this foundation is made for you.

It's easy to apply, gives a radiant,dewy finish because of the shimmer, stays on for about 4-6 hours bearing in mind that I live in a country with very humid weather. I just wish they have more colors for asian skin.

on 7/15/2014 4:40:00 AM

Its so tough for me to form a solid opinion in this foundation. I'm in loooove with how it looks on my skin, It has the perfect shade for my skin tone, the smell is nice, quality packaging and doesnt disturb my sensitive skin and doesnt break me out. BUT it doesnt last on my skin:( No matter what I do I can't get it to last for more than 3-5 hours which just isnt enough. I still wear it because everything else is perfect but I feel like it would be easier to shop around for a different one thats more long lasting:/