Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 5/11/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, yes, and yes! I love this for my inner eye and the bridge of nose! It brightens my eyes perfectly and blends well :) It also works great on my cupid's bow for some extra definition.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging....

on 5/6/2014 8:42:00 PM

I purchased this in Radiant and love it for highlighting! I am about an NW15-20 and I use this on my forehead, nose,smile area, around my nose, under my eyes, and down the bridge of my nose. This bad boy is fantastic I draw an upside down triangle on my forehead a line, down my nose, small upside down triangles under my eyes, and the other places I mentioned. I then use a blending brush for concealer. I find the one from ELF works really well. Mind you I apply all of this over my foundation but before powder. It blends into my skin so seamlessly! It totally highlights and brightens my skin.

It lasts and it is pretty reasonably priced. I have Mister Light and I love this just as much as my HE one! If you purchase this in the Radiant shade I would only recommend it for highlighting because of the slight luminosity and it does not cover spots. Or they will stand out with this particular shade. If you use this for highlighting you will love this! I know I do because it's so easy to use and it works on my fair skin. This is a great pen if you don't want to splurge on the HE one's I for one am glad I have this one as well because it does work very nicely. I keep this one in my daily MU bag so it gets used a lot. If you like pens for illuminating this little gem will treat you right! Recommended:)

on 4/18/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was using Mac Prep + Prime hi-lighter but it looked dry, cakey and settled into fine lines. I got this in nude to cover dark circles and ivory to hi-light. It covers pretty good and no caking and hardly settled into fine lines. It has a nice finish, not matte but not too sparkly. It's also alot cheaper than Mac.

on 4/13/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

i love this concealer, I am 13 and it worked amazingly on my pale skin, it covered up my under eye circles, and it HELPED to cover my spots, although they were not completely covered, but I still love it. I purchased it around a week ago. It has a mutual smell, its texture is thick, but does not look cakey (yay!) I am really into make-up, it is my passion, so this works perfectly! I have the shade 01 ivory. it does not highlight for me, but I believe this is because the shade was too dark for me, even though it still blended perfectly!! LOVE IT! I will be repurchasing it! :)

on 4/6/2014 7:28:00 PM

I bought the pink toned Radiant version as a replacement for my Benefit Erase Paste. It doesn't hold a candle to the Erase Past, obviously, but that's what happens when you spend $6. But I do like this as an inexpensive alternative. I use it as a base concealer, to just cancel out any blue toned under eye circles. Don't even bother with the actual brush, I just dab it on and use a Real Techniques brush to blend it out. I put a yellow skin toned concealer over it. It actually works nice. The formula is fairly thin, so it doesn't crease. Probably will repurchase :)

on 3/18/2014 7:48:00 PM

I'm currently using my second one of this concealer. It's amazing and has great coverage, I use this under my eyes and on my face and blemishes. It's super brightening so you look fresh with no visible shimmer. It has a great consistency and it blends well as long as you do it close to application time. I find it works best when blended with your fingers rather then a sponge or brush. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but I don't think it is do bad that I would stop buying the concealer. Would totally recommend for anyone looking for a good drugstore concealer.

on 3/12/2014 10:49:00 AM

I like the packaging, but this stuff is awful. i have nc30-35 skin and this makes your undereyes grey w/o concealer on the bottom, and if used as a highlighter it just leaves a pink line on your face. I never got the hype. I prefer highlighting with the mac pro long wear.

on 3/5/2014 1:54:00 AM

Dream Lumi is described as concealer, however I believe the true description should be "highlighting concealer".

The true aim for the Dream Lumi in my opinion - is brightening and face highlighting. I believe the shades it comes with are a bit too bright (even for those with pale skin) to be used as a concealer to cover blemishes and spots.

Packaging: it comes in this pencil-concealer shape with a squeezing mechanism in it that pushes the product up through a mini brush at the end. I hate the brush though - it has such stiff and hard bristles (in comparison to my other high-end products of a similar use) that I find if I would actually use it to apply the product, I would scratch my gentle and thin under-eye skin badly.

Texture: Dream Lumi has this actually quite pigmented and thick formulation, one needs a very tiny bit of a product for a needed highlighting effect.

Use: personally I find this product works best to brighten up the under-eye bags (after corrector) to give that well-rested look to the skin, whereas you might not sleep at all. It would be also great when applied to the high points of the face, like cheekbones, cupid's bow, bridge of the nose..so on.

I was debating whether to put Yes/No on re-purchasing this one. I believe the rich pigmentation of the Dream Lumi will make it last for a year if not more. There might be new products to try out on the makeup market, so probably that says Dream Lumi is not a HG product for me! Yet it is very affordable and look great when buffed out carefully. 4/5

For more in-depth reviews on other great makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

on 2/26/2014 6:10:00 PM

! I love the packinjng! I use this for dark circles and blemishes. It covers pretty well but not completely. It didn't seem to crease to bad, as I have a weird line under my eyes. It didn't seem to " brighten " my skin as other had said, but it feels light and not packy. 4/5 for this product. Love it:)

on 2/22/2014 3:37:00 AM

This is amazing at covering my underye circles! I can especially tell the difference it makes on nights where I have little sleep. After swiping this under my eyes and blending with a brush, the dark circles are almost invisible! That's the only area of my face I can use it for, because it's too thin to conceal any real blemishes or pimples. However the lightweight formula makes it perfect for concealing my dark circles.

My only complaint is that sometimes the bottom twisting mechanism doesn't work, and I over-twist it and too much product comes onto the brush. Also I'm unsure about how hygienic the brush is because I don't think I can actually clean it with a cleansing solution or soap/water.