Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 5/27/2013 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first lipbutter and I have to say that I really like it. Yes, this color does have quite a bit of gold glitter but it reminds me of the Maybelline Wet Shine diamonds lippies that were out in the early 2000's. I really loved those and maybe I'm wierd, who knows. Anyway, this wears for a few hours on me very comfortably and that's really saying something for I'm a bad lip-licker. If my lips don't feel really moist I will start to lick them and I always keep balm on for this reason. The color is a very pretty peachy pink that I could see going with alot of different makeup looks. Overall I love it and I'm definitely going to try more colors!

on 5/26/2013 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was very sheer on my lips. There was absolutely no color pay-off, just shimmer and clear gloss. Swatched you can even see it is sheer, but I recieved a sample of this in the Target beauty bag and it was not as sheer as the real deal and there wasn't shimmer. I did notice that this particular color was moisturizing on the lips; maybe because of the lack of tint? Regardless, I exchanged it for Sweet Tart which is a bit more drying, but it is much more pigmented.

on 5/26/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If this didn't contain so much shimmer, it would be a lovely colour and another lovely lip butter. Unfortunately, the excess shimmer ruins it for me.

on 5/25/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I loved a lot of the lip butters but the glitter in this one is too much for me. Cherry tart also has some glitter but that was more like fine shimmer. This is just chunky glitter. This makes my lips look frosty if I try to build up the color. I could wear other lip butters even if my lips were a bit chapped and it would still look good, but the glitter in this would get caught on any cracks and look gross. Too bad, it's a pretty everyday color.

on 5/24/2013 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm trying quite hard to love this shade, but..... I hate it! The peach color doesn't appear that much. I think it contains too much glitter in it so when you're wearing it your lips will look, umm, kinda luminous?
So when I apply it on my lips, it will look like I'm not wearing any colored lipstick, just glitter. Ugh.

on 5/16/2013 2:45:00 PM

First and foremost, I am a HUGEEE fan of the revlon lip butters. Love their quality and packaging in general and the colour range is nothing short of gd. However, there are some shades that I just cnt get myself to love. Peach parfait sadly is one of them. (the other being strawberry shortcake). I really really really love the base colour of this shade, such a pretty peach-rose. However, I should have known better than to get it just for the base colour (non-glitter fan here). I would not have mind this shade if there was even lesser glitter but the huge amount of gold glitter in here makes the texture a tad too gritty for me. I tried my best to make it work for me but sad to say this is just a no-go for me. I prefer it on others than on me. However, the lip butters are still no doubt my fav lipsticks ard!

on 4/30/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I"ve had this since the butters came out so more than a year and i still have tons of it left to use. it's just WAY to glittery for me and the glitter particles are gritty...IT's comfortable on the lips but i just use it as a highlighter now in the middle of my lip.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this one and 'macaroon'. Though I am happy with the quality I get from macaroon and the decent colour pay-off, Peach Parfait gives me absolutely nothing to my natural lip colour. I could essentially get the same result from putting on a cheap clear lipgloss. Very disappointed, especially as Emma Stone's add is pretty misleading. Also the amount you get in the package is ridiculous compared to other lipsticks which are cheaper! I don't think I'll be buying these again in a hurry...

on 4/20/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So I think it has been established that this shade looks absolutely NOTHING like what Emma Stone had on in the lip butter ad, which to me was annoying and misleading. Moving on to the product itself, I wasn't very impressed with Peach Parfait in comparison to other lip butters like Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart firstly because of the gritty glitter/shimmer and secondly because it doesn't really add a whole lot to my natural lip color and when I applied it quite heavily, it didn't look very flattering.

on 4/7/2013 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love the colorburst line of lip butters. This color looks great on pale complexions. I use it when I am using a peach blush and it pulls the look together. Just wish it had longer staying power.