I think this is a decent primer for filling pores, but I don't know if this helps my foundation to last longer since I use TM often.
The tube is convenient with a pump and it lasts for a pretty long time.
I have used up one bottle, but I don't think I would buy it again since i don't consider this to be essential to my makeup routine.
I've tested out so many primers that I think I can create a blog just on foundation primers and call it "Pathways to Pathetic Primers". For the past year, I went without primer because I can't find a decent one. I've tried drugstore, midrange and highend ones. Some were okay but not worth the extra step. My skin is oily, visible pores, reactive, clog prone. The ones that were okay were the ones that did preform decent but either clogged my skin or caused breakouts with continued use. I heard Revlon PhotoReady 001 was a decent one so I decided to pick it up. My thoughts:
1. The feeling of this is light. It isn't as thick as Clarins or L'Oreal. Almost feels like it's not priming anything.
2. I would consider myself a pro at blending out foundation. I'm never one to be streaky or have lines. However, with this primer, I noticed some streaking with my foundation while out in sunlight. I have to get a tissue and firmly buff the foundation into the skin to make it look even.
3. I also experienced a white cast when using this. Even with bronzer buffed over my foundation, I had this very faint white cast all over. It appeared as though I dusted my face with white silica finishing powder. I'm olive skinned so you can easily tell when you overdo a finishing powder! I wasn't wearing any powder yet it looked as I did.
4. This didn't cause any dry patches or make my skin feel uncomfortable.
5. I can still see pores with this primer.
6. My cheeks remained oil free but my Tzone did not which is a disappointment since it is very cold and dry outside. I don't think this would hold up that good in the summer.
7. This doesn't cause any reactions.
I tried this primer and I didn't like it at all. It made my face feel very dry and hard. It did keep my foundation on all day. The texture was similiar to other silicone primers, but it is unlike any primer I have ever used. I stopped using it immediately. I feel like it is a primer from the stone age.
This made my foundation look like I was wearing chalk. Not impressed and will not be using it again - very disappointed.
It works well on my skin as I have an oily skin, it did a great job on controlling the shine on my face. Makeup does stay put for hours longer but it dries them up and make them look cakey. Plus, this gave me breakouts too :(
I honestly don't understand this product. It has a thick and sticky consistency and leaves streaks. I'm NW25 and it makes me look really really pale. It also made my foundation really streaky and difficult to blend and kind of just made everything look unnatural and awkward, especially on my nose. This product could be okay as maybe an eyelid primer since it's so thick but blegh no. It even kind of bundled up on my face into tiny balls of continued awkwardness.
I also hate the fact that every single time i pick it up, even if i've only used it the previous day, the pump has accumulated hard build up of the product that comes out when squirted. Meaning i have to fiddle around and so on and so forth and idk guys, i just dont get it.
It keeps me from getting oily and keeps my makeup on for longer. It casted a white tint and made me look ghostly, but did reduce the redness on my face.
I love this product. This was an HG for me for a long time.
It gives my skin a soft oil free finish throughout the day. I can wear it alone for a natural look or with revlon photoready liquid foundation for a more flawless appearance. It's cheaper compared to other brands but it's promising.
I will continue to repurchase this
Best primer I have ever encountered. I gave up on primers altogether as every single one has just let me down. I began to believe primers were a myth.. or simply didnt work on my skin. Smashbox, Korres, Neutrogena, Too faced, Urban Decay, Mac... Nothing comes close to this one, It blurrs perfectly (I have extremely noticeably large pores), it keeps my makeup in place, and velvety matte for hours .. i actually can feel my foundation adhere to this primer as I apply. But here's the trick: work with this primer in sections. Directly after you apply the primer, work in your foundation and move onto the next section of your face. It is magic.
I was very hopeful because I like the Colorstay foundation.
Unfortunately, I was VERY disappointed! I have to admit, I only used it a few times, but I gave up now and I don't think it'll ever agree with my skin. I used it under different foundations (MAC Fix Plus, Bourjois Flower Perfection, Colorstay, Wake Me Up). My skin would still get very oily and the foundation would literally start melting off my face after a few hours. It made me look cakey too.
I like the packaging though...