August 21, 2014 | 1578 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Kimberrlyy12

This is not the worst primer but its definitely not in my top 3. The texture of this primer is very thick so it is hard to blend so I end up ALOT of product. The thing that really turns me off about this primer is the finish. When the primer dries, it literally dries your face! It starts flaking in certain parts and gives a white cast. I have tried different foundations from high end to drug store but Im giving up on this primer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I love this primer, my bestie works as a cosmetologist in a drug store so I always get awesome samples or unused testers! That's how I got this, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up - it's a bit pricey.
I love this primer, I find it lasts a long time, goes on really smoothly, and blurs away my pores and fine lines. I don't use it daily, usually only if I have an interview or if I'm going out dancing in a sweaty bar and I know my makeup will be sliding around.
I don't like that the first part of the pump always comes out dry and chunky but meh, that always happens with pump-y thingies.
I do love it though, the colour blends really well into my skin, if I use it underneath eyeshadow I find it really helps the colour stay in place for a long time, and it definitely brightens. If I'm in a hurry an don't have time for foundation or a BB cream a quick pump of this under each eye really helps brighten my dark circles.
I've had the bottle for over a year and it's lasted well, I've recommended it to friends and they've all really liked it as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this product at all. When I would pump some out I would get these chunky pieces within it. Plus it did nothing for me. My nose would still get very oily throughout the day and my makeup didn't last any longer. I threw it in the trash after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I really like this, however it broke me out on my chin. I have tried it so many times after my skin cleared up, from the pretty horrible break outs, but my skin just didn't like it. I noticed that it was only my chin area that had a bad reaction, so now I just use it around my nose and forehead. It's a really nice pore-filling, smoothing primer. It has a matte finish, but it's not oil controlling! It just makes my skin feel really smooth and creates the perfect base for foundation. I can't comment on the longevity and whether it makes my makeup last longer, but I just use it to perfect my skin, as it is supposed to. I wouldn't repurchase it for the fact that it broke me out, but I would recommend it none the less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome primer at a reasonable cost!!

This meets my top three criteria: good, cheap and cute. :D

The good: texture is creamy and smooth. The primer applies easily on the skin without any annoying flaking and the smoothing effect is quickly noticeable. Makes foundation last until the bitter end (of the work day).

The cheap: At approximately $13 in Ulta, this is a fairly reasonable price for a drugstore primer. However!!! If you are a savvy shopper like myself, you can get this little beauty for even less by 1) clipping the Sunday paper Revlon coupon whenever it is available for a savings of $1 or even $2 and 2) pouncing on the 40% off sale Ulta has a few times a year on a few drugstore brands, which usually includes Revlon. Imagine the $$$ saved when combining 1) and 2)!

The cute: pretty pale pink color and no distinguishable scent.

The one con is the container... it pumps a decent amount in the beginning but before the bottle is even halfway through, it starts choking and eventually refuses to dispense, leaving a big amount of primer unused! I had to wrestle the black top off to get to it!

In general though, great buy, especially when combined with the savings!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by elizgibb

This product is pretty nice, i have dry/combination skin and this primer works well to smooth the dry flakes I usually get on my nose. However. This stuff is quite thick and takes a bit if work to spread it around the skin. I feel like I have to use more with this product than with other face primers. I use this both with foundation and on its own and it keeps my face looking great all day. All though its thick and moisturizing, it's not super oily either. Loreal also has a "color correcting primer" that I tried out and really evens out your skin. This particular one is just basically to smooth over your skin. The only problems I have with this is the smell! It smells a bit eggy to me and lasts a bit longer than I'd like. Also the pump seems to clog up quite a bit and little hard bits come out of the nozzle. Other than that its a great product, there's lots in the container and its worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by andy5251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros- makes me skin smooth after application. Nice packaging Cons- the price i paid €18.30 in my boots which its not worth it. My skin is oily around an hour or two later. Overall it does little for my oil control i dnt expect the oil to not come through just maybe less and it does a terrible job of keeping my makeup on three hours later my makeup is gone i dunno where lol

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by CranberryCherry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Compared to the Maybeline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, this product will win! However, after wearing this for 6-7 hours, my skin became very oily. Compared to not wearing any primer, my skin would be 10 times worst. Con is it does not last long for very oily skin like me. Pros are it is smooth and silky after applying this. Also, it is easier to apply foundation or BB cream . I'm planning to try Benefit Porefessional.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

A bit underwhelming. The texture is nice and it glides on the skin really well. The overall effect once I put it on is smoothing and the surface of the skin does look kind of blurred but I'm not sure it has any effect on the duration of the make up. It doesn't really help with smoothing away dry patches either, which is mainly why I bought it for. Bit meh overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

This may be my favorite primer and possibly HG for me. My skin feels perfect and is neither oily or too dry. It seems like the perfect way to start makeup and have it last all day. I use a variety of foundations so I need to see how it performs from one to the next. So far I like it a lot.