April 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by tickledpink2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didnt like it at all. Clumped out each morning. Did nothing for my oily skin also didnt like that my makeup didnt glide on after using this. Prefer elf over this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Ntnnx

One of the best primers I've used! I considered buying the smashbox primer but I'm so happy I tried this one first! I'm very oily around my T-zone and I mainly use the primer to control the oil production on my nose. This product really helps my skin to stay matte! I use the primer with the Revlon Photoready foundation and Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup and it works wonders! By the end of the day my skin is still even and matte! Highly recommend this product! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by blondesnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a 2 for 1 pack with the Photoready Airbrush foundation and I LOVE it!! My foundation stayed on all day and made me look flawless. However, my only issue is that I am 3/4 of the way done it and even though there is still a LOT of product left, it is very hard to pump out, and sometimes I can't get anything out at all. Lame. I also don't think I'd repurchase unless it was in the 2 for 1 pack because its pretty much $20 for that little thing of product alone. Disappointing in the end because I loved it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by munashex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely packing pocket pinching price. It slides on great but when you first pump it out there's always a hard residue left over. Foundation doesn't last any longer but face does feel silky!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lexielovesmakeup95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I am so happy I found this! I have a really hard time with foundation, I don't really know why (maybe because I have dryer skin) but it usually looks cakey on me and its usually very difficult for me to blend it out so it looks natural (even with good quality foundations like MUFE HD). This stuff made blending my foundation SO much easier. To test out how it worked I just put it on one side of my face and applied foundation on both sides of my face and the side with this primer under it looked SO much more natural and not cakey! I love also how its cheap, and I like how its lightweight, it doesn't feel heavy or annoying or gross on your skin or anything like that. I think its also helped make my foundation stay on longer, but to be honest I'm not as sure about that yet so I think I'm going to try it out a few more times and then add onto this review about what I notice about how well it helps my foundation stay on longer.

For things not that good about this foundation, its supposed to be like color correcting or something, but its really not at all. I've had this for a couple weeks and I just found out from reading about it online that its supposed to be color correcting, but it really isn't at all. Also it smells weird, which is annoying. Also sometimes dried product gets stuck in the pump (oh I forgot to mention that I really like the pump and the packaging!), but its really not that big of a deal like i feel like some people are saying it is. You can easily just take the dry product out.

Anyways, I really really love this stuff and I really think y'all should try it. Its been a lifesaver for me sense its usually so hard for me to get my foundation looking nice and natural. I don't know why it does that for me since I've read other reviews and I don't think many other people have said that it helps with this, but for me it really does. I don't usually use primers honestly, I used to think they were kind of a little pointless, but this stuff totes isn't pointless. This stuff is one of my new faves and I really really really love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by cailys

This woks okay. It is pretty good as just a primer, but has almost no color correcting properties. It is a little on the pricy side for drugstore brands, although you do get a decent amount of product. My biggest issue is the SMELL. It has a very strong, plasticky odor that takes a good five minutes to go away after application. So while this is an okay primer, there are products I like more in the same price range.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by brieasaur

I'll be honest, I haven't really experimented a lot with different primers. I did some research and just figured that this one was good and sure enough, it's done the job.

Like the others said, it's perfect at hiding huge pores and controlling oil. It also doesn't make your skin feel weird, it's actually a nice feeling, like you're smooth and ready to go. I wouldn't wear it alone because I have acne scarring that needs to be covered up and it doesn't do anything to hide them. What's really impressed me though is how much longer my foundation stays on with it. That's why I've stuck to it and would buy it again, it turned maybe 3-4 hours into all day. Plus, I love bottles with pumps even though this one gets a little crusty if not cleaned up.

Overall, I think it's good stuff for the price, how easy it is to apply and simply for the fact that it really doesn't have any negatives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this solely for mattifying and oil control, both of which it does quite nicely. I don't wear foundation, but needed something to help smooth things out and keep the oilies under control because powder wasn't cutting it anymore. This gives me a nice polished look when only applied to my oily areas (forehead, around nose, chin), but if applied all over it takes the life out of my skin and just isn't flattering. I would say it keeps me shine-free for up to four hours which is quite miraculous since it only takes about 30 minutes before I'm shiny otherwise. Great price as well...I will buy again.

Update 06/27/13: Knocked down a lippy as it does nothing to control oil now that the weather is hot and humid. If anything it is making things worse. I will keep it around for winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful, worked great for the first few weeks and then it started coming out of the bottle feeling tacky. When I applied it to my skin, I had little dried up flecks of the primer all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by denns

Absolutely fantastic primer that really does a good job at making my foundation last throughout the day. I have a lot of trouble with the longevity of most foundations, regardless of how "long wearing" they claim to be. My skin isn't really oily per se, but my foundation still tends to kind of disintegrate on my skin throughout the day and come off in patchy spots around the 5-6 hour mark. When I use this after moisturizing and before applying my foundation, I notice it extends the wear time to about 8-9 hours before I begin noticing my makeup breaking down (it's about 11 or 12 hours before its gone almost completely though - still fantastic wear time!).

The consistency of this primer really reminds me of Urban Decay's Complexion Primer Potion - it has just enough of that silicone feeling to fill in pores and make your face feel smooth, but not too much (I'm looking at you, Smashbox, Benefit and Monistat) to make you feel like you've lubed up your face with dimethicone. It has a slightly "grippy' feeling to it as well (not sticky) that really holds on to foundation and helps it cling to your face.

The only thing I don't love is that the pump will get a little clogged with dried product if you don't use it every day. But with daily use, this isn't a problem. I do like the pump for sanitary purposes, but a squeeze tube might be a little more convenient. However, the pump is excellent and you can pump out however much product you want - it doesn't force a certain amount out each time (are you listening, Stay Don't Stray?).

I have combo skin with a little bit of oil in the t-zone and some dryness near my chin and on the sides of my nose. This primer keeps me mattified without looking flat and does not emphasize dry patches! It's definitely a winner and I'll repurchase when I run out.