October 25, 2014 | 1488 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

I like wearing this BB cream in the spring and fall, when it's neither very hot nor very cold (and dry) in my city. I find it a bit too heavy for summer use (surprising, considering most BB creams are marketed as being lightweight) and too drying for winter use (surprising, considering most BB creams are marketed as being hydrating), but perfect for those in-between times. It provides more than enough coverage to even out my skin tone and even the occasional blemish. I don't see a difference between it and other similar products (BB creams, tinted moisturizers, etc.) in amateur or professional photographs, however.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After wearing this a few times, I started liking it more. However, I think my drugstore Garnier works just as well. It felt nice on my face--not heavy. It seemed to last a long time, but it was a bit patchy by the end of the day. Meh. If you are looking for a product that does not have even medium coverage, why should you spend more than ten dollars?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I am trying this bb cream for the first time after the airline lost my luggage and I had to pick up something quickly at the drug store. I put this on for the first time this morning around 7:30 am and waited until the end of the day to write this review (it's now 5:05 pm).

Overall this is a very high quality bb cream. I am comparing this to my Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish tinted moisturizer, which I've been using for about 6-7 years now. It's the end of the day and 90% of the bb cream is still on my face. There has been slight oxidation but that's ok since it goes on a bit lighter than I wanted it to in the morning. Here is my pro/con list:

Pros -
1. Good Coverage - It's a heavier coverage than my tinted moisturizer and blends seamlessly into my skin. Consequently I needed to use much less concealer and press powder. Only minor touch-ups and a light brush of powder is needed.
2. Hydrating - It feels a little sticky with a gel-like consistency when you first put it on (this surprised me). But after putting this on, it feels like there is gentle layer of protection on your face all day. My skin felt moist and protected all day without being greasy.
3. Feels really light - it really feels like you just put a light layer of lotion on your face. It's very comparable to a tinted moisturizer, which I like.
4. Packaging - The tube is very discreet and compact, fits anywhere.

Cons -
1. Oil control was only successful for about 4 hours after initial application. I had to blot twice during the day, which is not unusual for me.
2. The heavier coverage made my face look like I was wearing slightly more make up than I'm used to (tinted moisturizers are much more sheer and natural looking).

I think that I would buy this again. Now the real test would be to see which one I would use when I get my luggage back. Hope this helps others who are looking for a bb cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is one of the best BB creams I have ever come across. It does cover well and matches very well without turning orange or anything weird. It does not have any sheen or sparkles thankfully (I really can't stand when companies do this). It makes my skin just look slightly luminous and radiant.

It feels very light and almost like a very light lotion. HUGE plus for me. It has spf and many great ingredients. I would definitely buy this again and will be looking forward to summers with it. Now I just use it for simple days in winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading quite a few reviews. I was looking for something that would control oil as well as my favorite L'Oreal BB, and contained a sunscreen. I would say this fits the bill. I have very oily skin. I wear this under a powder foundation for more coverage, and it does control my oils for the whole day; at least a good 10 hours. I don't stay perfectly matte for that whole time, but I get very little shine. The coverage is light, and I find that the fair shade matches my fair skin well and evens out my skin. I really like this, and I would buy it again; I just wish it was a little less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love that this contains SPF 35, plant extracts, anti-aging peptides, and that it covers without looking cakey. The use this with this with the smashbox light primer and set it with mac mineralized skin finish.

It is expensive but I think worth it. The sunscreen in here isn't good enough for a really hot day so be careful and have some more powerful stuff on hand.

love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I have several bb creams in my rotation and even though its not my #1 go to bb cream its definitely worthy of a review. On my oily/combo skin it definitely keeps the oil slick at bay without sucking the life out of my skin. I just apply over my vitamin c serum and I'm set to go. I don't set it with any powder and it diffuses my enlarged pores and evens out my skintone. I don't experience any fading over the course of the day and if I happen to have a minor breakout it does dry out the spots (acne). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by JaedynMaynard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this product that much. It looks amazing when you first put it on but it fades throughout the day even when I wear primer, and it leaves blotches when it fades. It is also really expensive and hard to take off your face with just a makeup wipe. I always end up having to scrub it off to get it completely off. Overall, I wasn't very impressed. Your skin looks flawless when you first put it on, but after, it doesn't look too good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've decided that this stuff is absolutely my HG! Nothing makes my skin look better. I've been looking for something to replace my cakey foundations with, and this seems to fit the bill. My complexion looks so much smoother, and the color is a great match for my peachy, pale, fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Got this in a sephora favorites back as a full size. I tried it that next day and I must say its ok. I like lighter products on my face because I have some acne that comes and goes and I just thought that the bag had enough to justify purchasing this to try. This product is $39 I believe for a full size I paid $38 for a bag with several other products.

So now on to the review

I say this is ok because it did even my tone, got some oils, and felt lightweight.

However, it did not stay shine free for more than 4 hours... and I felt it fade a bit.

So I tried this as a primer under my foundation and I don't like that much at all... looks cakey a bit but I had no time to take it off today because I had work and didn't wanna redo ALLLL my makeup.

I would not repurchase just because its not enough. Too expensive and wasn't worth it to me... Sorry smashbox!!! Not this time...