Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 5/30/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have started using this BB cream instead of their HD foundation. Great coverage, moderate to heavy. Applies smoothly and does not settle in fine lines. I wear fair...so porcelain gals will find this too dark. When set with powder and setting spray it last/wears all day. I use this BB or MAC's BB cream and I find both are comparable.

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

on 5/18/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am surprised of the good reviews from the oily skin friends here. I tried the light medium shade. When I applied some of the product on the back of my hand, the shade looked fine and it did not look too shinny or feel too greasy. I bought the product thinking this is going to the end of my search for HG. Well, far from it. This product is too greasy. Just the opposite of what is claimed on the box, it did not control oil, it produced more oil. The shade was way too pinkish and when it oxidized a couple of hours after application, it looked even reddish. I have tried a lot of high end products but the quality of this product is so poor that even WetnWild tinted moisturizer at the price of $2 is superior to this. Not recommended!

on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream moisturizes my dry skin without turning it into an oil slick like Bobbi Brown BB cream did. It's long lasting and the Medium/Light shade is perfect for my Sephora 3Y08 skin. The tube is great for traveling.

on 4/29/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream. It has some great qualities:
-does a fabulous job at blending into my face
-disguises pores and fine lines
-wonderful light-reflecting properties
-high SPF

However, I found the colour to be too pink (I was using Fair) and the finish never looked natural. I always looked 'made-up,' and I prefer a more natural finish. Also found it to make me very shiny, despite my skin being on the dry side.

on 4/24/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This BB cream is great. I tend to have oily skin and if i use any other foundation itll either turn cakey or oxidize... I like this one, its light and refreshing. But its so expensive and there isnt really THAT much in one tube. I noticed that they changed the packaging a bit lately.

on 4/19/2014 7:06:00 PM

While it isn't SUPER moisturizing, this bb has a nice non-dewy finish, and did not break me out (Bonus!!!). medium coverage, high $$$ - it was about 40 bucks. use a moisturizer under it and you'll be fine.
P.S the fair/light shade works perfect for me, complete match!

on 4/12/2014 4:32:00 PM

I fell in love with this product the first time I tried it. I had a tried a couple BB creams prior to this one and this one in comparison was like a step above the rest. It was less dewy yet still moisturizing. But alas, after using this product for months my love for this product has diminished. I have come to the conclusion that although it does provide a less dewy finish than other BB creams that I've tried in the past and although it looks very natural it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be. In fact it accentuates any dry flake that pops up and they are popping up everywhere with this product. I prefer a BB cream that I can pop up sans moisturizer, primer, etc. because as a busy mom on-the-go I want something that evens me out and gives me that little extra boost. My face is very dry and this product doesn't help at all. Therefore, I will use this up and won't be repurchasing. On a side note, I did purchase the trial size (a cute little squeeze tube) and later received another trial size from my mom. These two little trials have lasted about 6 months with everyday use and there's still tons left!

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

on 4/4/2014 2:33:00 PM

Pricey, but worth it!!

I first tried this product in a Try Me kit with travel sizes of the BB cream in Light, Halo powder in Light and their basic primer. I love the way my skin looks when using the combination of the BB Cream and the Halo powder.

I have a light to fair complexion with some redness, and while this covers it well - it doesn't have a heavy feel. I have no problem blending this product; I use a slightly dampened Beauty Blender, and blend out the dots on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

This, along with the Halo, brightens my skin (now that I am older I am losing that youthful glow :( ). It keeps my skin shine free, all day, and the coverage lasts until I remove it. The redness doesn't show through!!

I love this product so much, that I broke bad and purchased the full sizes (BB Cream - $39 and Halo - $59) along with another Try Me kit so I have them when I travel. Using the Ulta Platinum points, discounts, etc. it is still incredibly expensive, but a little better. The trial size has lasted almost 2 months so far, so you do get what you pay for!