October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Must-haves in a shampoo & conditioner:
1. I like to use both in the same brand/type for each wash
2. High shine
3. Moisturizing with no oily feel .
4. Extremely clean feeling (squeak test)
5. A clean rinse out (no residue) .

Over 150 reviews here for this product and all are so varied! Wow. I read about 4 pages of reviews and then washed my hair with the L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner. At $6.00 for 8 oz. I thought was a little high for a DS product, however it was on sale.

About the pump. I get it. It does dispense very little. That said, it's probably to help regulate the amount used. I thought that the 20 pumps sounded like a lot, but it took exactly this many pumps to cover my hair - 10 pumps each for two washes.

I did experience the low lather which is part of the action. It didn't feel weird or anything, but this was probably because I'd already washed my hair, which is super thick, long and wiry. It needs moisture, but I can't over-wash it or I will dry it out. I wash it once a week.

Just like the reviews suggested, I made sure my hair was soaking wet, applied 3-4 pumps per section and rubbed it in well before moving on the to the next section. I rubbed a little extra into the ends for good measure. Rinsed it out, then started again.

One trick I always use is a rubber tipped brush to help distribute conditioner. It helps the conditioner spread out evenly and I find I use less. So I did the same thing this time on the second was. I found I needed a little less product overall.

Washed me, then washed out the product, using first warm, then cool water, just like I always do. I rinsed for a total of 3-4 minutes, then for one more minute for good measure. I could tell right away that my hair was much more moisturized than usual. It had a lot of slip to it and really felt like it did when i give myself a hot oil treatment. Maybe even more so.

It did take longer to dry. I saw the shine come up right away once I blotted my hair dry. I used the Aquiss hair towel to get most of the moisture out. Then I applied my normal heat seal (PM) and a few drops of serum and pressed it out with my flat iron using one pass as usual.

My hair came out with a shine like glass. It's super soft, super shiny, super silky, all the way down to the ends, which are super dry and happen to need a good trim right now. I'm shocked at how well this works and how fast it works.

I'm feeling like this is not a product that I can use every week. I don't know for sure yet, but it seems like I'm going to need to use a clarifying shampoo in-between using this because my scalp needs a full leather to feel clean and fresh. It meets 4 out of my 5 criteria. Still very good.

This method will end up making this product basically a deep conditioner. I'm ok with that. Best of all my scalp is not dried out. I want to see how my hair looks and feels when I go outside in the cold winter tomorrow. That will be the true test.

I will report more as the weeks go by, but I'm fully satisfied with this product for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Strandsky

A while back I became interested in "cleansing conditioners" and did some research on the no poo concept. I liked the idea and shortly after, L'Oreal launched their EverCreme line. I have used their CC exclusively ever since; only my salon uses shampoo on my hair. I wash it daily, wetting through then using 3 pumps for my scalp & another 2 for the ends. I comb thru with a wide-tooth comb & finish up my shower before rinsing. I love the scent and how smooth my hair has become. I even think I'm not loosing as much hair down the drain.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Leighhsjordan

This product disappointed me very much, I was super excited to jump on the no-poo band wagon..... Or at least tippy toe onto it. And then I tried this product which I wouldn't say is expensive but I basically threw 10$ out the window. Which could have been spent in better places. First problem was the pump, which I was excited about, except to cover my head I needed to pump it 15-20 times.... Which is beyond annoying!!! And then for some reason the product smelled really good in the bottle... But once I out it on my head it smelled disgusting!! All of this could have been over looked if the product itself didn't suck.... My hair is insanely dry on the ends and a complete grease mess on my roots, thank god I am not going anywhere today!! So I rate the product as horrible! I don't know how this would work on anyone, and I really wish I could get my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's nice to see the "cleansing conditioner" trend still going mainstream, at a lower price point. This product is definitely a great option if you're a "first timer" to the whole concept of not using shampoo + conditioner every time you wash. I have long, fine, wavy hair which is oily at the roots, dry at the ends, color treated, damaged, and breaks easily. To preserve my color I have tried many sulfate-free products, and various "conditon only wash" solutions like DevaCurl (aka curly girl) and wen by chaz dean. I actually think this EverCreme version is the best one I've tried so far. This product has just enough lather to make you feel like your hair actually got clean, unlike DevaCare low-poo, or wen cucumber mint which both worked wonders on my overall damage, but built up and left my hair feeling oily and weighted down at the top. If you're skeptical about "2 in 1" products, like I am, then don't worry, because this actually does condition enough on its own, so as not to require a followup separate conditioner. I use a large amount of product, rub it in & lather it as best I can on my very wet hair, wait 30 sec and rinse. Then my hair is left feeling soft, detangled, less frizzy, and most importantly clean. It really is a miracle since it has allowed me to eliminate a lot of other products and save time in the shower. It's also a product that tends to work better the more you use it. I've been using it for a few weeks now and the results are as good or better than when I first used it. I only have 2 gripes here: the packaging is bad. The pump gets stuck a lot and hardly dispenses any product so you have to pump it a million times to get the product out. Also, it has a very strong smell. It's not a bad smell, like a heavy rich vanilla (reminds me vaguely of kerastase elixir ultime.) Although the smell doesn't linger in my hair too terribly, I just wish it was lighter or less "perfumy." This can be found at target for $5.99. Highly recommend if you have color, damage, and/or want to save time!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticallyNewbish

Pros- It made my hair soft and it smells really good.
Some negatives that I found and why I won't purchase this again is that is doesn't last very long and it dries out my hair. So I have soft hair but it's dry if that makes sense... It's more like a moisturizing shampoo. I have to use 10+ pumps of the TINY pump to get enough product each wash. It isn't a crap product, it's a good shampoo, but it's not truly a "cleansing conditioner" like they claim. For the steps you have to take also to make it work decently, it isn't really worth it just to shampoo your hair. I also won't repurchase since I'm trying to make a change to buying cruelty free brands and L'oreal is not cruelty free. I know it says on the packaging this product wasn't tested on animals, but the company does so I won't buy from them again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I very much like using cleansing conditioners on my hair as it's color-treated, and my ends get dry and gross very quickly after a cut. This one has a strong, vanilla-y scent which I like but don't love. It's got a very thick texture, which seems typical for this type of product. I didn't find that this did anything different or extra for my hair (though the scent does last). It rinses out well, and it does make my hair feel clean but also conditioned, so it does what it's supposed to do. It's a good inexpensive alternative to other products like this (Wen, for instance), but I prefer the Hair One that can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply. I will likely not repurchase, but it's not a bad product, and it has a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by xErikax890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this CC it made my hair feel soft and clean. I have also tried wen and this is ALOT better and it's cheaper too!! This also has a nice smell and has little to no lather which you might have to get use to. I like that this does not have heavy silicone's which weigh my hair down unlike wen. I really recommend this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say, but wow! I got this for my fine, colored (red) hair. Red fades so quickly, and I needed something gentle. This certainly fits the bill! It does smell strongly like warm vanilla, and the consistency is indeed like an extra thick conditioner. I left a silver dollar dollop of this in my hair for about 20 minutes (because I had the extra time). This left my hair feeling soft, and get this, tangles were easy to brush through. No typical hair breaking off, and no struggling. The brush glided through, the color still looks fresh, and my hair still smells of warm vanilla. I really kinda bought it thinking that it was a gimmick. This is the first product that really seems to live up to its claims in a very long time. The only cons are the price for the amount that you get. Also the stupid pump, because my pump doesn't even work. I have to resort to taking the top off and squeezing some out of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner but I can't buy it here so when I found this at the drugstore I was super happy.
My hair: bleached blonde, very thick, half way down my back, dry ends.
I had to pump out a lot of product to get enough for my whole head.
After rinsing I found my ends were still dry, so I had to use a bunch of leave in conditioner. Just not moisturizing enough on bleached hair.
I really did love the results though, I felt that it balanced out my hair. My scalp felt clean but not dried out.
The only huge con for me was the fragrance. I loved it upon applying, but it was so strong it literally lasted for 2 whole days in my hair. I could not get over it, it was so overwhelming. I wanted a hair care product, not a perfume.
If you are sensitive to fragrance make sure to smell this before you buy it because you will be stuck with it for a while after using, and it can be overwhelming.
Would only repurchase if they made a less potent smelling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by marsbers

I truthfully love this product and doubt that I'll ever use anything else ever again! I hope that loreal doesn't take this product off the market. I have straight, fine hair, oily at the top and dry at the ends. With this product, my hair feels and looks softer, smoother, and healthier than ever. It is no longer oily or dry. I can't express how happy I am with this product! I barely recognize my own hair anymore, it looks fantastic. I've gotten so many compliments since starting this product. Before blowdrying, I use Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion just at the ends, and that adds to the softness and smoothness even more. As others have said, the more you use and the longer you leave it in, the better it works. I use about 15 pumps per wash. I was my hair every morning.