April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I very much like using cleansing conditioners on my hair as it's color-treated, and my ends get dry and gross very quickly after a cut. This one has a strong, vanilla-y scent which I like but don't love. It's got a very thick texture, which seems typical for this type of product. I didn't find that this did anything different or extra for my hair (though the scent does last). It rinses out well, and it does make my hair feel clean but also conditioned, so it does what it's supposed to do. It's a good inexpensive alternative to other products like this (Wen, for instance), but I prefer the Hair One that can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply. I will likely not repurchase, but it's not a bad product, and it has a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by xErikax890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this CC it made my hair feel soft and clean. I have also tried wen and this is ALOT better and it's cheaper too!! This also has a nice smell and has little to no lather which you might have to get use to. I like that this does not have heavy silicone's which weigh my hair down unlike wen. I really recommend this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say, but wow! I got this for my fine, colored (red) hair. Red fades so quickly, and I needed something gentle. This certainly fits the bill! It does smell strongly like warm vanilla, and the consistency is indeed like an extra thick conditioner. I left a silver dollar dollop of this in my hair for about 20 minutes (because I had the extra time). This left my hair feeling soft, and get this, tangles were easy to brush through. No typical hair breaking off, and no struggling. The brush glided through, the color still looks fresh, and my hair still smells of warm vanilla. I really kinda bought it thinking that it was a gimmick. This is the first product that really seems to live up to its claims in a very long time. The only cons are the price for the amount that you get. Also the stupid pump, because my pump doesn't even work. I have to resort to taking the top off and squeezing some out of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner but I can't buy it here so when I found this at the drugstore I was super happy.
My hair: bleached blonde, very thick, half way down my back, dry ends.
I had to pump out a lot of product to get enough for my whole head.
After rinsing I found my ends were still dry, so I had to use a bunch of leave in conditioner. Just not moisturizing enough on bleached hair.
I really did love the results though, I felt that it balanced out my hair. My scalp felt clean but not dried out.
The only huge con for me was the fragrance. I loved it upon applying, but it was so strong it literally lasted for 2 whole days in my hair. I could not get over it, it was so overwhelming. I wanted a hair care product, not a perfume.
If you are sensitive to fragrance make sure to smell this before you buy it because you will be stuck with it for a while after using, and it can be overwhelming.
Would only repurchase if they made a less potent smelling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by marsbers

I truthfully love this product and doubt that I'll ever use anything else ever again! I hope that loreal doesn't take this product off the market. I have straight, fine hair, oily at the top and dry at the ends. With this product, my hair feels and looks softer, smoother, and healthier than ever. It is no longer oily or dry. I can't express how happy I am with this product! I barely recognize my own hair anymore, it looks fantastic. I've gotten so many compliments since starting this product. Before blowdrying, I use Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion just at the ends, and that adds to the softness and smoothness even more. As others have said, the more you use and the longer you leave it in, the better it works. I use about 15 pumps per wash. I was my hair every morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

I love this product. I use it every other day and I use the regular shampoo/conditioner from this line on the other days. It cleans my hair without drying it out and I love the smell, and it doesn't linger much after my hair is dry. I wish more came out with each pump, but it is a small complaint. I love this whole line, it is my HG shampoo/conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Wasn't for me. I liked the results the 1st time I used it, my hair was soft and clean. The 2nd time, I was left with greasy and weighed-down hair. I decided not to use it for 2 shampoos in a row anymore but it still continued to weigh down my hair, even when I was rotating shampoos. Also, over time it didn't seem to moisturize enough. Eventually I used it up when I was trying the CWC method, where you add conditioner and rinse THEN shampoo and rinse THEN add conditioner again. (Look it up, it's supposed to be good for your hair.) So I managed to finish my bottle of Evercreme by using it as my first step, otherwise I would have just thrown it away. This was my 1st foray into the whole co-wash thing and it didn't work out at all.
As others have noted the product has an amazing scent and sucky packaging. Also it's super-cheap. Tried it because I was curious but obviously I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mpauletteb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't washed my hair with shampoo since 2002. I'm so excited that it's becoming mainstream, and there are products like this available now! I never considered wen because of the price- especially when just using conditioner suited me fine. But that can involve some extra maintenance, like sugar scrubs. I find that this product has eliminated that for me. It gently strips any build up. It does make my hair feel a *tiny* bit like I used shampoo. I try to not use it every time I shower, and always follow up with a regular conditioner although it says not to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by krissabella

Once you get past the strong perfume-y scent this product is great! I have super fine hair that has been damaged. I have been using this for a week now and love it! After the first time my roots were still a little greasy so I'll use a small amount of regular shampoo around the forehead area. This makes my hair so soft and am able to brush through it right away without damaging or breaking my hair anymore. I recommend to let sit on hair and rinse out after at least 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some background on me: I am white with thick, wavy hair. (that I am trying to grow out after having the infamous asymmetrical bob). I believe it to be about 2c/3a. It is not coarse in texture and is actually pretty soft, but very prone to frizz, especially now that I live about a block from the ocean.
In the past few yrs I have toyed with various sulfate free products (DevaCurl, Mixed Chicks, Moroccan Oil), co-washing (with Suave or V05 conditioners), but have never been strictly loyal to these products and constantly find myself going back to regular shampoo. I am constantly trying to find "the" cleansing conditioner to keep me on track.

I bought this on amazon for a good deal, unsniffed. While I dont despise the scent, I dont love it. I love all things vanilla/foody...but this is "spicy" to me, and I can smell it for the next 2 days if I dont wash my hair. Luckily my husband really likes it so he can help me use it up. I like the consistency - its fairly thick but with enough water I have no problem rubbing it in. In my water, it does not lather at all, but I can coat my entire scalp/length without much trouble. I like the pump bottle, because I get so tired of fooling with big ol' tubs of stuff while in the shower. The one thing I have found is that I need to leave it on for a few minutes and allow it to coat my strands. The first time I was very unimpressed but I think I rinsed it out too quick. If I leave the product in, like the directions say, I dont even need another conditioner. I will happily use up my bottle, but will prob not re-purchase bc of the strong scent.