November 24, 2014 | 2064 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

To me the important requirement a fdn. does for me is colour matching, I am NC 30-35, I picked medium beige thinking that this maybe a little darker for my winter skintone. Pump, jar, bottle, fragrance is the least I concerned about.
So wrong !! this is about NC 20-25. I never did find any Cover Girl fdn. that matches my neutral/warm me, and this is no exception. However, I find this is very close to those SE Asia BB cream (which I am not fond of either b/c of the grey/whitish cast). But this may work for those who have normal/dry skin with pore issue. Forget the serum gibbo-gabbo either, I still need to saturate my winter skin with moisturier before putting this on.
The reason I picked this up was a display right next to the Outlast Fdn. (which also sucks in colour selection) and so I picked this up, mostly likely I have to get a tan shade to mix in order for colour matching.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

The acne treatment from my dermatologist is making my skin peel. No amount of cream and serum helps my usual foundation. So I purchased this in place of my usual foundation for oily skin. My skin likes it because after cleansing off the makeup, my face does not feel so dehydrated. It last a whole day on my cheek and forehead. It lasted about 3 hours on my oily t-zone which is not bad for this kind of foundation. For quality along, I would have given this a 5.

However, the poor shade selection knock it down to a 3. The shade I purchase is Ivory. It's the lightest shade with pink undertone which peek through the light powder I dusted over it. My face looks like a pink mask above my pale neck. The next shade is way too dark for me. I have had some luck using lighter shades from some department store brands and drugstore brands. As we get older, we don't spend so much time in the sun. And we tend to have a bit more discoloration which may be intensified by pink toned makeup. That's why many of us boomers are switching from a pink toned makeup to neutral/yellow toned makeup as we get older. These companies make these lighter neutral shade because there's a market for it. I think the shade has always been the reason why cover girl was only favored by youngsters. This foundation is apparently attempting to target a wider age group. Yet its shade range does not include a light neutral or light yellow/golden. If Cover Girl can add a few more light neutral or light yellow toned shades, then this foundation would definitely get a higher rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to post a totally new review of this product because I like it so much. This is the best product of its kind out there (the one with the purple cap, like the pic; not the new one). I sometimes use it around the house, w/o any powder, or anything. Just like a treatment. Since I'm oily, it eventually does get shiny, but NOTHING like other tinted moisturizers (even HE). In fact, I'm surprised at how long it keeps looking satiny on my oily skin w/o looking greasy (ew). It has more coverage than any TM I tried, l/e or h/e, (indeed, even more than some foundations) and it really makes my skin look softer. When I want more coverage I just put some powder on it. It's a good light-medium coverage, even for a full-coverage fiend like me. I got this in Buff Beige and it's a 99% perfect match. And so far, it has not broken me out (knock on wood). Just comes to prove you don't have to mortgage the house to get a good product.

To all the ladies who have oily skin, and prefer a tinted moisturizer over fdt., but don't want to give up decent coverage, forget BB creams - unless you're desperate not to be left out of the trend. You'll be much better served by this humble d/s product, and at a much lower price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is officially my top favorite drugstore foundation (second is Revlon's DNA Advantage, also for the peptides and coverage). The reason Cover Girl's Tone Rehab Foundation is number one is because the coverage is a little better than the Revlon foundation, although they are extremely similar in feel and ingredients, such as peptides.

Tone Rehab really is amazing as far as medium to full coverage is concerned. when applied for full coverage this foundation is just as incredible as many high-end foundations, such as MAC Studio Sculpt (my favorite department store foundation, followed by Urban Decay Naked Skin). Tone Rehab covers everything I can think of: pimples, old acne scars, dark circles, blemishes, redness...
plus, it stays put for hours and hours. My shade, Classic Ivory 110, matches my very pale, fair, slightly yellow-toned complexion wonderfully. My skin actually glows a little when I wear this foundation. The feel is velvety and silky smooth, and the consistency is fantastic, holding up in all weather and temperatures and climates. Over time, the ingredients like peptides, glucosamine, niacinamide, and green tea actually do smooth and soften and brighten my thirtysomething skin..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walmart for under $13. While it's true that prices have gone up on all mass market lines, it's also true that high-end foundations are unaffordable for most women. I have tried both high and low end and find that I prefer to have one or two *good* foundations, i.e., MAC or something comparable and lots of others that I can try and experiment with. Some of my greatest finds have been in drug stores lately, so much that I only go to MAC for certain things now.

LOL... back to the review. I got this in Nude Beige and the color is perfect! The packaging is decent, with a pump. You don't need a lot of product to cover your face but it did seem like it needs to be blended quickly because it dries fast. At least, it did on me. As far as the tone rehab piece goes, I will see about that lol then update the review.

The really good part: no irritation! The smell was pleasant enough and like other reviewers said, it fades after the product is on your skin. Honestly I don't see the point of it being scented, IMO fragrance-free is the way to go.

If you are on the fence about trying this, go ahead and give it a try! Most retailers have very forgiving return policies. And the color selection is really good, so much so that it is hard to decide because many look so similar.

CG really stepped up their game IMO with the Olay partnership. These are top quality products at affordable prices.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by yezz07

I bought this foundation a few weeks because of it's smooth texture. Some areas (cheeks, nose and forehead) of my face get really dry during the winter (-20 to 30 degrees) and my other three foundations make my skin look very flaky. Even thought I use a moisturizer for dry skin and primer my face looked flaky. But with this foundation my skin does not look flaky. So far it covers most of my acne scars. I will continue to use this foundation until I find a better option for my dry skin.

Pros:
- Texture
- Package
- Blends Well (I use fingers/brush)
- Dries fast

Cons:
- Perfume smell but does not last long

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by velvetbuurns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great for my very dry skin post Accutane.

This doesn't turn orange and the lightest shade works well for my very fair, cool toned complexion.

This provides moderate coverage. (Definitely not full)

The price is expensive for a drug store brand coming in at $13 at my local Walmart.

Update: I'm beginning to suspect this is what is drying out my skin. I've been trying out a new foundation and yesterday I mixed the two. Rather than forgetting I was wearing foundation, my skin started to feel dry and itchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by juststarry23

I bought this product in the interest of the 2-in-1 concept. I was in love with the product for the first couple of weeks, but eventually I started breaking out. I'm pretty sure it's because there's perfume in it. It also disappears at the end of the day. It looks like I hadn't put anything on.
I still haven't thrown it away though considering it does cover all of my acne scars well, feels like satin, and is quick to apply. I love the packaging it --the pump and you can always see how much is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by collgrtlnd

I've only tried this a few times now, but I love it. I've been trying to find a product that matches my skin tone (extremely pale) while not looking cakey. This does it. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it goes away. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kelseyhopman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday from shoppers for 14.99 because the lady there told me it had great coverage and stay for people with spots they didn't like (aka me and my acne) she tried a swatch on my cheek and I ccouldnt even tell it was there. My cheek felt luxurious. It doesn't look caky, which is a first for me, and since my skin is oily, I set it with some physicians formula and it still didn't look caky. It covered my acne almost fully (its really bad, but its mostly flat out) and when I woke up in the morning my acne was actually better then the previous day when I was wearing my caky concealer. Plus its oil free! When I apply it its really runny and it gets good coverage before it dries in 5 seconds. Here's another thing. It won't travel when its dry, or go darker!