April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this brow pencil, I have the color soft brown which goes well with my dark blonde hair, very waxy consistancy and i'm abit confused on how to sharpen, it should come with a sharpener!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this pencil better than any I've tried. I needed a blonde pencil (hair color: dark blonde) that actually showed up on my thinning eyebrows.
This pencil is the only shade I've found that is actually compatible with my hair color; it has no reddish tones at all.
Once you find the right sharpener (Maybelline should include a sharpener with this pencil) you can easily get the hang of sharpening the point to a length that doesn't break off yet does the job adequately. I hope they do not discontinue this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Ma

Didn't check MUA so I ended up with this. It's too waxy no pigment and is hard to sharpen. Make my brows look pasted together. Skip this hot mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by erickatomato

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I'll admit I did not like it at first due to the fact I didn't know how to sharpen it and it also was very waxy; however, after a period of time it began to grow on me. This product makes your eyebrows look natural and not harsh like other brow pencils do. It also stays on unless of course you wipe your face. The pencil lasts for about a month if you know how to apply it correctly as well a sharpen it. I use a dollar sharpener and it works like a charm so I don't know why people say theirs doesn't work. It doesn't get a sharp tip BUT in my opinion it doesn't even matter. It isn't a waste of money if you know how to apply it. Ignore the negative reviews, I read them and clearly people didn't give this product a chance. BUY IT!! & it's only $7 come on that's a big mac meal at McDonalds NOT THAT EXPENSIVE FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN REUSE.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The color pay off is lacking and the waxy consistency is almost too firm. It does not like to come off and on to my brows. What I do like- the spool brush on the end. I keep it just for the brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what happens when I don't check MUA before buying a product... sigh. This product is the worst. It's near impossible to use the right amount of pressure when applying. Use too little pressure and there's no difference in your brows, even though you can see the pencil wearing down. Use too much pressure and you end up with waxy clumps of color. I agree with everyone else who says the pencil is too waxy and that the blonde shade is actually terra cotta. Maybe this could work for people with full dark brows who want wax to keep their brows in place, but it does not work for filling brows. And, actually, no one should buy this because of the biggest issue of all--it's only good for a few uses. Yep, like others, I thought this was a twist-up, self-sharpening pencil and that I had received a defective one. After reading here, I realized I was supposed to sharpen it myself. The plastic actually sharpened off quite easily, but I couldn't figure out any way to get a useable tip and a ton of the waxy product ended up stuck in my sharpener. Maybelline should be ashamed of itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know not every product works for everyone but come on folks, filling in your eyebrows properly is not rocket science and in my opinion, does not require a high-end product. What it does require is a good shape to start with. Learn to pluck your brows properly or get a professional to do so. No product is going to give you full (natural looking) thick brows if you overpluck or an awesome perfectly shaped arch. Now, on to the product.....I have dyed red hair and have my hair brows also dyed when I get my hair done. I am also over 40 and my brows are beginning to thin. I've used powders and pencils and I like both but I mainly love this pencil because the Auburn shade is a perfect match for my brows. I get my brows done occasionally but I mostly maintain them myself. The brush on the other end of the pencil is also awesome. The trick for me to making a pencil look natural is to gently brush it in. The key is to gently brush it in. I think technique is almost as important as quality products in my opinion. Yes, I know it's hard to believe and perhaps too much work for some folks but you do have to sharpen this pencil yourself...No problems with it being waxy or coming off. I'm on my 2nd pencil of this and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Headline: Maybelline Bags Another Sucker

Why, oh, why didn't I read reviews here before I bought this worthless item. Greasy, waxy, color comes off when you use the spoolie on the other end. The blonde shade I bought should be called terra cotta flower pot because that's the color it came out on my brows. Then I see the how difficult it is to sharpen.

So bad. Avoid at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by eadonclaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand what Maybelline was thinking with this one. The main problem I have with this is the packaging. Basically it's made like a pencil.... but it's plastic and impossible to sharpen?

My experience: First time using this, filled one brow then went to sharpen the tip with a normal sharpener (thinking it must be sharpen-able because it didn't make sense for it not to be.) It fit but was really difficult to turn and would not sharpen evenly. No matter what there would be sharp jagged plastic pieces sticking out. The tip would also break off every time I tried to sharpen it rendering it pointless. After about 10 minutes of struggling with the dang thing I eventually threw it away.

Apparently there's some special sharpener you can get from Maybelline's website just for this "pencil" but it's not even worth it. The product itself is waxy and nothing special. It's really depressing to take something out of the package, use it once, then immediately throw it away. Don't waste your money ladies.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by jewel777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The absolute worst eyebrow pencil I have ever purchased. In no time at all the tip was worn down and it is very difficult to sharpen. Please ladies, DO NOT purchase this. I agree with the person who said it's waxy...very much so! Wish I would have read the reviews before I purchased. Complete waste of money!