Maybelline Master Shape

2.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Product is terrible! The wax dries and rips out your natural eyebrows when you try to take it off with makeup remover wipes. The worst eyebrow pencil ever!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The spoolie on the end is genius. The pencil is just too soft and waxy to use as a pencil so I use it as a wax. Once my brows are done I use just a bit of this to hold them in place. It's really not useful for much else but every brow pencil should come with a spoolie. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love the pencil, but hate the packaging. It's hard as hell to sharpen. I had to google how to sharpen the darn thing. Good product, bad packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good grief, what were they thinking when they designed this? I was hoping to use this to carry in my bag for brow touch-ups at work ( my main brow product is MAC's Concrete eyeshadow) . It's a plastic pencil that seems like it should twist up, but it doesn't. Yes, it can be sharpened, but not very well, and without a fine tip, you can't stroke fine lines of color for creating a natural brow. The formula is waxy yet pigmented, and reasonably long wearing, and the color range isn't too bad, but again, that stumpy tip botches the works. At the very least, this should have come with a custom sharpener, since I'm not going to needlessly wear out my MAC sharpener on sharpening plastic. Plastic!

My elderly mother bought this for me because she knows I like to try new products (and bless her she still thinks I'm 14). Maybelline, you made my mom waste her money- shame on you!

I decided to purchase this after using eye shadow as a substitute and not liking how it looked. This is an overall so-so product. It effectively fills in my eyebrows, but it doesn't seem ideal for shaping--it lacks the precision and sharpness that I would prefer. Also, it is plastic so I don't see how I can go about sharpening this. When I use this up, I am definitely going to purchase something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has a weird, waxy texture that makes my brow hairs stick to my skin which I don't like. The texture of it also means that it needs sharpening all the time and so it gets used up really quickly! However, I do like that it has a brush on the end and that the colour Dark Blonde is a good match for me.

The pencil is plastic and next to impossible to sharpen. The plastic flakes away in giant chunks and the "lead" breaks apart and turns into a stubby, unusable shape. It's too waxy, making it hard to work with. Because of the waxy feel, I cannot get it to deposit any color after the initial pass. I used it maybe 4-5 times and tossed it after none of my sharpeners helped. Define-A-Brow is 1 million times better!

How the heck do you sharpen this thing? I had to throw this away 1 week after purchasing because I couldn't sharpen it. What a waste of money?!

Do not buy this if you don't like the fake waxy brow look. This brow pencil was absolutely horrid and too waxy for my liking. Definitely wont be repurchasing

I thought I would end up loving this brow pencil, but I guess not. I purchased this several months ago, and I still have just less than half of it left.

- because this isn't a wooden pencil, it is EXTREMELY difficult to sharpen, even with my handy NARS sharpener.
- once i do get it sharpened, its always a retarded shape and never pointed enough. the formula of the kohl is too creamy because it seems like its mostly wax
- I do love that there is a spooly at the other end, you will definitely need to use it as the wax from this pencil clumps your brow hairs together and FLATTENS them which I can't stand.
- the color range of these pencils is very limited. If you're asian with sparse black hair and you want a LIGHT brown pencil but not necessarily blonde, just light brown, you're out of luck with these pencils. I bought the dark brown pencil and its way too dark for a natural look.
I won't be repurchasing this

Popular Brows Products