November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On and On Bronze: I love this beautiful foolproof shadow!
The colour is fantastic: a gorgeous toasted shimmery cinnamony, coppery, biscuity bronze...
I heard about it on Vivianna does Makeup, she has cool-toned fair skin and dark hair (and very dark eyebrows) too, even though she's about a hundred years younger than me :-)

Some other reviewers have mentioned it looks greyish on their lids, I don't find that, and am actually happy it doesn't look as pinkish as it does on my hand. On me it's sort of taupeish, in a coppery way, and a tiny bit gothic.
It's very flattering and unspeakably easy to smudge on. With fingers. Even for people who have almost no experience with cream eye shadows.
Staying power is very good too, especially when primed properly!
The metallic effect stays put and looks amazing with oodles of soot-black mascara.
Without a primer I find it a bit thin but it can easily be layered with other neutral shades.
Now, if only they made a pewter grey....

Definitely worth 5 lippies: Cheap, long-wearing, beautiful and easily available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by frecklesnroses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are 39-year-old eyes I'm workin' with, so y'know, shimmers are scary to me. I cannot remember what caused me to so brazenly purchase this baby, knowing in advance of its shimmery-ness, but I want to thank several-months-ago-me for doing so.
This is less bronze than it is taupe on me... a cool-ish taupe, even... the kind of nice, cool-ish, dimensional taupe that is magical on warm brown eyes like mine. Love this stuff.
I can smudge and smoke away at a black kohl liner with this stuff, and the effect is just gorgeous.
But, more than that, it has become my default look, just about every day, to just fill my lid from lashline into crease with this, just a bit of ivory highlight on the browbone, and lots of black-black mascara on top lashes only. Very pretty.
No wearing away, no flaking, no creasing, hasn't dried out in the pot yet. Watch it be discontinued by the time I need a new one...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by babezph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it! this is my go to eyeshadow, a quick swipe if this and I'm out the door. lasts a long time too and doesn't smudge or fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by JanaBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love it! Perfect bronzy color, love how it looks on my eyes. Easy to work with, has a good staying power. This is my first color tattoo, but I'm definitely buying more of these!
Just too bad that the range doesn't have a matt color...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

The bad to bronze wast the first color tattoo that I bought and I absolutely love it! The color was amazing and super pigmented and it's consistency is nice. The texture is creamy but not to creamy. And I fell in love with the packaging! I really want to buy it in different shades!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Such an amazing drug store find. It's really an amazing item, epecially for the price. It's a nice gold/bronze without the glitter. It can look a bit silvery/purple sometimes (not sure why). This product lasts all day, which is super exciting. It dosn't smudge. After purchasing the bad on bronze colour I went out and bought pomegranate punk. But that colour dosn't really last as long :/ It smudges a lot easiler and takes longer for it to set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I love most of Maybelline's color tattoos, this one just didn't work for me. It is a beautiful color when you swatch it, very bronze and metallic. But on my light skin tone, it just looked very dark. It isn't a color I would be able to throw on my eyelid and run out the door. Even when I use a very small amount, it just makes my eyes look dark. I think this would work very well for you if you have medium to dark skin tones. I am very sad that it didn't work for me because it is such a beautiful color with such amazing staying power. I will continue to try to find a way to make it work so that I can use up what I have, but I don't plan to repurchase any time soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

my favorite. very easy and multidimensional for a cream shadow. great for ultra lazy days since my eyes are hooded and you don't see much lid anyway. please apply with a flat packing brush for best results. doesn't crease. look fab with a matte outer v too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading many reviews this was the color I was most excited for. Ironically it ended up looking horrendous on me. I've tried giving it multiple chances but I always immediately take it off. The color is just too damn dark yet metallic. No matter how much stuff I put under(primer) or over (eyeshadow, using this as a base) or the amount of product I apply (teeny tiny bit) it never looks blended. I bet I could make it work if it wasn't shiny as hell like foiled eyeshadow. I do like the color tattoos but this one is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 2 other Color Tattoos (and aim to expand my collection) , but Bad To The Bronze is my favourite so far. I respect Maybelline for the fact that the line has such a wide array of colours which are all well-thought-out; vibrant and unique brights, and neutrals with depth and wearability. I am a neutral-eye addict, and this shadow as an allover wash is easily my favourite look to wear and to apply. The colour is gorgeous. I noticed another reviewer mention that it came out less warm when worn as opposed to the swatch, and it is true that applied in thicker layers it tends to come off more grey or taupe and opposed to bronze. (I would still say the title is accurate however, as we normally refer to 'bronze' and more like what copper actually is- this product is a bronze colour if you ask me). When worn as a sheer wash, the warmer tones come to the surface. I love cream eyeshadows and finding one such as this which does not crease or even budge for well over 12 hours is a dream come true. I also noticed that many reviews complain of the product drying out, and mine definitely has done that as well. The general suggestion is some Fix+, but I personally never plan on owning Fix+, so I'm wondering if there's a less painfully priced solution for creaming my Tattoo up again? For now, warming it with my finger prior to application works well.