November 22, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at this mascara. I can't believe how well this holds a curl. This gives great separation of lashes, a deep black color, and no clumping at all. I really like this. The only negative I can say is that it is really hard to remove. I end up using a lot of remover and a lot of tugging. I sort of think its worth it for the lash effect though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

This is an amazing mascara if you are having a sad day but don't like waterproof mascara. This lasts better than any waterproof mascara I've tried. It does my claim to be waterproof but I've worn this mascara to weddings, funerals and while watching sad movies and it really stands up to a crying fit! I was extremely impressed!

It is difficult to remove with simple soap and water. I use baby oil. I soak a cotton ball or pad and keep it on my eye for 15 seconds and it comes off pretty easily.

This mascara is more of a wet formula when you first open the tube. The wand is like the regular lash blast. It's a very black formula and builds well on itself. The first time I tested its potential during a wet day I used one coat and it held up perfectly. Then I tried multiple coats and it was still perfect! I really think this is better than any waterproof formula I've tried in the past. Those get dry so quickly I find and that causes them to flake on you.

Overall I'd recommend this mascara if you want something really long lasting, waterproof and smudgeproof. It's the toughest mascara ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only had tried the Lash Blast Fusion in "Water Resistant" which I did not like thanks to its inability to hold a curl but I always wanted to see what all the hype around the Lash Blast Waterproof was. However, after reading the reviews about how difficult it was to remove, I never bought it (plus, where I live it is quite expensive for a drugstore mascara). Then this 24h version appeared and some people seemed to think it was not as difficult to remove as the waterproof version so I decided to try it out. You should know that my lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions.

This mascara is good. The packaging does not say it is waterproof but it holds a curl like other waterproof mascaras and you also can not remove it with water. You must use a special waterproof eye makeup remover (try the one by Nivea, the dual phased one that you have to shake, it is the best one I have found so far) or some kind of oil: mineral, olive, almond, etc. If you do it carefully, you should not have any problems removing this mascara (or have lash fall out), in fact it is true: this Lash Blast 24h is easier to remove than some waterproof mascaras.

Besides holding a curl, this mascara provides decent volume and length. The color is fine too. I do not have problems with it smudging or flaking, so far. I do not hate the brush but I do wish the tip was a bit thinner, so it would be easier to work on the corners of the eyes. I have many years of experience applying mascara so I make the brush work.

Overall, it is a good mascara but I am not impressed. It gives me slightly better results than Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof, which means: it is OK but there is not drama. I still think that other Maybelline waterproof mascaras (Colossal, Falsies, Lash Stiletto, etc.) are much better and they offer a wider selection of brushes and desired effects. I do not think I will repurchase, the two main reasons being that I know better products that cost less and that this brand is not cruelty free.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Doesn't hold curls and not add volumes at all. Really don't like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really surprised with the low rating for this mascara!

I have tried SO many mascaras over the years, from the cheapest to most expensive. This one I would re-buy again and again. It holds the curl in my lashes, adds length and volume and stays all day. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by silvia624

I bought this mascara because I've LOVED the previous lash blasts I've owned, so what better than a 24 hour of worry free awesome looking mascara that makes ur lashes look beautiful and lush, while still looking natural. Yes, it makes ur lashes as amazing as all the other lash blasts, however taking it off. . . I don't mind a mascara that is hard to take off, but not one that would make me lose lashes. . . ? Every time I'd remove my mascara with eye make up remover made for waterproof mascara, though I'd do it gently, at least 1-3 lashes would fall out from each eye. . . !! Nooo!! This happened every time I removed it after wearing the mascara. Just to be sure, a couple days I'd wear my old mascara (waterproof) on one eye, and the 24 hour on the other. sure enough, some lashes on the 24 hour eye would fall out. I did this a couple days, different eyes, etc, same results. I don't think ANY woman wants to wear a mascara where your lashes fall out when removing. No thanks. This is the first review I've ever written just because I dont want others making that same mistake. We invest enough $$ in trying to keep our lashes healthy, strong and ever growing to ever want to put something on that does the opposite.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara looks really dark and long at one coat but really needs two coats to look lush. The brush is perfect for application because it's so full of plastic bristles ready to make your eyes pop.

But...for the love of God, this stuff does not come off. I steer clear of waterproof mascara since it requires so much rubbing to remove that I'd rather spare my already hyper-pigmented eyes from more friction. There's no mention of this being a waterproof mascara anywhere on the packaging though. I've tried Ponds wipes, waterproof eye makeup remover wipes (Maybelline Expert Wear), oil and Dr. Bronners-- in one day and the mascara won. I even cried for a few minutes and had zero breakdown of this mascara.

So though I love the results, I have to bring this back to the store for one of the other Lash Blast varieties.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by TheCruiseMermaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the fact that this mascara doesnt seem to smudge but the brush is absolutely AWFUL and it ends up all over my top lids all the time. And like most people are stating - it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get off ! I've tried everything - the actual 'covergirl makeup remover' and other oil based removers, baby oil, soap and water, and it WILL NOT COME OFF! I have ALWAYS been very protective of my eyes and NEVER rub them so it's very frustrating to 'rub very hard' and the mascara STILL NOT BUDGE! Sadly, I cannot afford to do this to my eyes everyday so I have to never buy it again ........

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara isn't too bad. I wouldn't recommend it but I'll continue using the one I bought. It does thicken the eyelashes but you gotta stroke it through the lashes a couple of times to thin even out the application. Other than that it does stay on pretty well (even through harsh weathers- had to run in a freezing rain storm!) and isn't hell to take off either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kristen1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have to disagree with the negative reviews on this amazing product.

This is the mascara that I use every day, and I even with my sparse asian lashes, they make them look separated and the product literally does stay on throughout the entire day. You can apply more layers to make lashes look more voluminous but without the clumping too! I purchased the colour blue black and I really love the subtle blue-ish tint that kind of see only in the sunlight. The product holds my curl in all day and does not flake AT ALL during the day, even during sweating, or crying.

I will say that when I go swimming with this mascara still on my eyelashes, they do fall completely back down, but still I dont have crumbly things on my face.