July 22, 2014 | 1265 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really surprised with the low rating for this mascara!

I have tried SO many mascaras over the years, from the cheapest to most expensive. This one I would re-buy again and again. It holds the curl in my lashes, adds length and volume and stays all day. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by silvia624

I bought this mascara because I've LOVED the previous lash blasts I've owned, so what better than a 24 hour of worry free awesome looking mascara that makes ur lashes look beautiful and lush, while still looking natural. Yes, it makes ur lashes as amazing as all the other lash blasts, however taking it off. . . I don't mind a mascara that is hard to take off, but not one that would make me lose lashes. . . ? Every time I'd remove my mascara with eye make up remover made for waterproof mascara, though I'd do it gently, at least 1-3 lashes would fall out from each eye. . . !! Nooo!! This happened every time I removed it after wearing the mascara. Just to be sure, a couple days I'd wear my old mascara (waterproof) on one eye, and the 24 hour on the other. sure enough, some lashes on the 24 hour eye would fall out. I did this a couple days, different eyes, etc, same results. I don't think ANY woman wants to wear a mascara where your lashes fall out when removing. No thanks. This is the first review I've ever written just because I dont want others making that same mistake. We invest enough $$ in trying to keep our lashes healthy, strong and ever growing to ever want to put something on that does the opposite.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara looks really dark and long at one coat but really needs two coats to look lush. The brush is perfect for application because it's so full of plastic bristles ready to make your eyes pop.

But...for the love of God, this stuff does not come off. I steer clear of waterproof mascara since it requires so much rubbing to remove that I'd rather spare my already hyper-pigmented eyes from more friction. There's no mention of this being a waterproof mascara anywhere on the packaging though. I've tried Ponds wipes, waterproof eye makeup remover wipes (Maybelline Expert Wear), oil and Dr. Bronners-- in one day and the mascara won. I even cried for a few minutes and had zero breakdown of this mascara.

So though I love the results, I have to bring this back to the store for one of the other Lash Blast varieties.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by TheCruiseMermaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the fact that this mascara doesnt seem to smudge but the brush is absolutely AWFUL and it ends up all over my top lids all the time. And like most people are stating - it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get off ! I've tried everything - the actual 'covergirl makeup remover' and other oil based removers, baby oil, soap and water, and it WILL NOT COME OFF! I have ALWAYS been very protective of my eyes and NEVER rub them so it's very frustrating to 'rub very hard' and the mascara STILL NOT BUDGE! Sadly, I cannot afford to do this to my eyes everyday so I have to never buy it again ........

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara isn't too bad. I wouldn't recommend it but I'll continue using the one I bought. It does thicken the eyelashes but you gotta stroke it through the lashes a couple of times to thin even out the application. Other than that it does stay on pretty well (even through harsh weathers- had to run in a freezing rain storm!) and isn't hell to take off either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kristen1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have to disagree with the negative reviews on this amazing product.

This is the mascara that I use every day, and I even with my sparse asian lashes, they make them look separated and the product literally does stay on throughout the entire day. You can apply more layers to make lashes look more voluminous but without the clumping too! I purchased the colour blue black and I really love the subtle blue-ish tint that kind of see only in the sunlight. The product holds my curl in all day and does not flake AT ALL during the day, even during sweating, or crying.

I will say that when I go swimming with this mascara still on my eyelashes, they do fall completely back down, but still I dont have crumbly things on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by horserider

This mascara seems to work really well, although I haven't ever tried it with more than two coats, and I usually just wear one. The problem that most people seem to have is getting it off. This was a problem for me too, but I've learned that the trick is to just put a large amount of oil on the lashes (coconut oil works well for me, but olive oil is also good). The mascara separates and defines my lashes well, and adds volume nicely, and I think that it maybe adds a tiny bit of length as well. I probably would have given this 5 stars, but since Covergirl is not a brand that has pledged not to test on animals, which is in my opinion an unnecessary step, I took one star off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kiki66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely ADORE all of the Lashblast mascaras...except for this one. To be fair, they aren't joking when they say 24 hours. I'm willing to bet this stuff would stay on for a week if you wanted it to. It's very goopy and thick coming out of the tube, which I thought was strange since none of the other Lashblasts did that. Since there was so much mascara on the wand, it clumped my lashes up like crazy. When it dried my lashes WOULD NOT BUDGE. When I tried to remove it at the end of the day, it took three separate scrubbings with my eye makeup remover, which I have NEVER in my life had to do. Irritated the crap out of my eyes and pulled a few eyelashes out to boot. Such a harsh formula, definitely would not recommend this for anyone with sensitive eyes or sparse lashes. Going out to buy Lashblast Fusion, and throwing this 24 hour crap away!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is by far one of the WORST I have ever tried. It was tossed after one use as that's how bad this stuff was, lol. It's dry, clumpy as all get out, and will give you the worst spider eyelashes. Seriously, it looked like I had 6 big single lashes on my upper eye lid when I was done, lol. Oh, and don't even think of trying to remove it- you can't! this stuff took me 30 minutes of consistent scrubbing and rubbing before it even STARTED to come off. Absolutely terrible mascara, a big NO on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I was really hoping to like this mascara but I'm sorry to report it is no good.

I hate separately packaged brushes, the brush is not in the actual mascara tube in its packaging, but rather you are required to assemble it, which is a waste of time and packaging materials in my opinion. Also, this means the mascara wand is not fully saturated with mascara upon your first application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION: application was difficult because of the brush. the 'bristles' are too short to be able to brush this through your lashes properly. It's half a step up from a flat barrel with no bristles. My eyelashes looked like I had no mascara on, possibly from the fact that the brush was not fully saturated, but also because of the type of brush. Not a fan.

I took a brush from another mascara because there was no way I could go out with my eyelashes looking so thin and dusty. Omg, can you say CLUMPS?? It's not just the brush, the formula also sucks.

BRUSH: I already discussed this above, but I would like to add once again that this applicator barely has any "bristles" and this makes application extremely difficult. It's basically flat with a few raised bumps. It's like braille almost, to give you an idea - but in a more uniform distribution. I don't really understand the goal of this brush. Also, based on the difficulties with using this type of brush, I kept getting mascara marks on my eyelid. This does not happen with all my other mascaras, so that fact is really making me dislike this one.

FORMULA: it was extremely difficult to get any onto the brush, which led me to believe that this was a dry formula. However when I was finally able to get some onto this brush and the other one I used, its very wet and clumpy and gloopy, if you know what I mean. It was just an overall messy application.

In addition, I have not checked the ingredient list to see what's so different about this mascara, but it was extremely difficult to remove. I have an extremely thorough makeup removal routine, which is something most people know about me. I usually use Lancome Huile Douceur or Clinique TTDO to melt off all makeup prior ro rinsing and using a cleanser. This mascara was STUCK onto my eyelashes. It was strange because it's something I am definitely not used to. I have used sooo many different brands and types of mascara, and this gave me more difficulty in removing it than my Lancome Definicils waterproof. I'm not sure what kind of longwear this is designed for, but I don't require it to stick that much. I had to use a separate eye makeup remover after washing my face in order to get it almost all off.

As you may have guessed by now, I will not be repurchasing this ever again. I was extremely disappointed. Of all the mascaras I have tried in my life, the one I can best compare this to is one from those play-makeup kits I had as a kid. I guess with mascara you really get what you pay for, as I have been disappointed quite a few times recently with drugstore brands.