Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'd heard great things about this lip butter and I wanted a my-lips-but-better colour with a berryish tinge, so I got Sugar Plum. It's my first venture into the world of lipstick and I really adore the colour. It's not as purple as it looks in the tube, more of a deep berry-pink. The formula is good, sort of like a tinted lip balm but more pigmented and not as balmy. You can build up as much colour as you want and it has a decent amount of staying power. It gradually fades over a couple of hours but leaves a nice light stain once the product has worn off. It's nice and creamy and not drying, so there's no need to wear a balm underneath. The packaging is cute, I love the coloured cap with the quilted pattern. Unfortunately, the price here is ridiculously expensive -- $24 - $29NZD depending on where you buy it, but I bought mine online for about $15NZD. The real robbery is the amount of product you get for that price, less than an inch. I'll be using it sparingly.
Despite the expensive price and small amount of product, I would still repurchase, just because I love the colour and formula so much.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I struggle to find lipsticks I like as I don't usually want anything too dominating or too much of a hassle to apply for my day to day look. This is a sort of my lips but better, only slightly darker and plummier. I'm an NC25 with quite dark lips. It goes with all my looks and is very versatile. I've worn this loads recently, and for now, my hunt for a perfect day lipstick is over. I've worn this in the evening too and I find the colour (as it wears off) to leave a very fetching stain on my lips. I really like it. Hooray!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Now this is good stuff. Makes my naturally reddish lips look like a better version of their natural color.

Yeah, this color is awesome. Love it, especially for a DS product.

This is a really nice lip product. It's true that the color of the lipstick is misleading, it does not go on nearly as dark as it appears it in the tube, nonetheless it is a really pretty color. It's really close to my natural lip color so I can wear it comfortably knowing it's not too much color on my lip. On me it's a neutral mauve/pink. It's sheer, glossy, and super comfortable. There is NO scent to this that I was able to detect. Love that. Everything about it is great, even when the shine left the color remained on my lips so it wears nice.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite lip butters. It is perfectly pigmented and the formula is moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I am impressed! The formula is very moisturizing and the color goes on beautifully! At first the color is really intimidating because of how dark it is, but once you put it on, the color is a beautiful, slightly plummier color than my lip color. This does not have any shimmers, although it is very glossy. I did take one lippie off because the formula did not last very long. But very happy with the purchase!! :D

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My first Revlon Lip Butter was Gumdrop, a light lilac. I liked it enough to try more.
Sugar Plum was one i tried... and it went back.
Sugar Plum is a medium dark yet sheer, cool red. I like genuinely plum lipsticks -- MAC Musky Amethyst, Kat von D. Oh My Goth -- and plum glosses -- MAC Dark as Night and On Display -- for example. On my lips Sugar Plum was too red and not plummy enough, and i do not wear red lipstick, so it went back.
I now have 6 Lip Butters, and Sugar Plum is not one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a bit of a deceiving color - in the tube it's a dark plum but on my lips it turns out to a pretty bright berry color. Out of the 4 lip butters I picked up, this is my least favorite only because of the misleading color but it's still a wearable color for my skintone. Moisturizing power is decent, nothing to rave about but if you're looking for that dark purple berry color, this isn't the right product.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I own so MANY of these lip butters and this is the latest one I have picked up. I have been using it non stop all week and it has become my staple, easy, plum berry color for the fall/winter. It's perfect for my medium complexion and I adore it. It doesn't last too long, but I don't mind reapplying. It can be built up to an intense plum/berry on me, to a sheer version and is easy to apply even without a mirror!