September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this palette! I reach for this almost daily. I can create quick and easy looks, or more dramatic looks for a night out. Color payoff if great and the colors all coordinate beautifully!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I held off so long buying this! I kept convincing myself I didn't need it because I have loads of eyeshadows already. I'm so glad I finally went for it and found it in stock! I'm not the best with eyeshadow but the smoothness of the eyeshadows really does make all the difference and there really pigmented and gorgeous :) this is a pricey product for me but worth every penny I can't see it running out ever, the only thing I'm worried about now is neglecting my other shadows lol, I wasn't to sure on the naked 1 palette when I looked at it but I like the naked 2 it seems alot stronger and travel friendly and the brush that comes with it is pretty good to.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This is a phenomenal palette. After doing some spring cleaning and purging this year, it really is one of the few eyeshadow palettes I use almost daily. The neutral colors are beautiful and although they are shimmery, I find them neutral enough for both the workplace and graduate school. The colors are nicely pigmented and the shimmer is not obvious and glittery looking, more like a sheen. The colors work well with my NC20 skin tone and blue eyes. Bootycall, Half Baked and YDK are my favorites. My only complaint is that the shades Blackout and Busted are so dark I rarely use them. I love the dual ended application brush and the mirror is nice when I have to apply my makeup quickly on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by michele1145

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really grown to love the #2 palette. While I find the first to be too muddy on me, this one is a perfect color story for both natural as well as more intense looks. I have been reaching for this more and more lately.

One lippie off for price only because there are shades I won't use up like the black shade. I'd much rather have had another neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I purchased this on its release date but only used it 2 or 3 times and hated it. I recently watched one of my fav youtubers who did a look using this palette and I've been in love with it since then. I guess I just needed inspiration on how to use it. My daily look now has been ydk on the lid and chopper in the crease. Loves it. Once I master the outer v I want to smoke it out a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

My no 1 HG palette.

With this palette alone I can create so many looks, and got compliments over them. Creaseless, pigmented, beautifully packaged, very nice double ended brush, reasonable price.

Truly a masterpiece from UD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my long review of the naked 2 pallete, aka my favorite naked palette aka my favorite ES PALETTE!!

Firstly I'm a true nc15 with yellow/beige undertone, medium brown eyes and hair. My favorite of all eyeshadow colors are warm greys and true taupes- so neutral/cool shades (not very cool)- so clearly this palette is right up my alley.

Here is my breakdown of the colors:

Foxy- this color is so boring but it is probably my favorite eyeshadow. I also have it in the naked basics palette and when I'm home i alternate using it from each palette so that I hopefully never run out. This is easily the eyeshadow I use the most.

To me foxy is sort of similar to mac blanc type except blanc type has more neutral pink/beige foxy is way more yellow. Blanc type highlighted the pink in my lids. Foxy cancels it out. It's amazing as you can use it as a base color, highlight or to blend out other shades. Foxy is my go to base color and it is super pigmented and buttery -it blends like a dream.

Half baked- I love this in the n2 palette especially pairing it w verve. If I want an every day shimmer eye I'll put verve all over my lid, then put halfbaked over in the middle. So beautiful.

Bootycall- similar to virgin except more pink toned and more of a frost where virgin to me is more of a shimmer. This is a gorgeous brow or inner corner highlight. It's great for every day and I think more subtle than virgin. This doesn't pull super pink on the skin.

(Chopper I haven't tried)

Tease- a cool plummy taupe and honestly my favorite crease color I've tried to date. It blends flawlessly and makes me look really awake. Its easy blend ability also makes it look like I have more eyeshadow skill than I actually have. It's not too light or too dark. I obviously pair this w foxy for my every day. It's also nice for smoking out the outer v for an every day look. Not dramatic at all.

Snakebite- this is darker and cooler than smog from n1. This transfers lighter than it looks in the pan so it's definitely more user friendly than it seems. I like it for crease or even a quick wash on the lids. I imagine it could also be used as a nice every day liner-- especially for the lower lash line (note to self I am going to do this next)

Suspect- such a pretty neutral taupey beige. This is great for a no-brainier wash on the lids. It is a gorgeous color.

Pistol- I love this color. Especially to pair it with verve. I went through this phase for I was obsessed w platinum shimmer for the eyes. If I take foxy as a base and go over it with pistol-- then take verve and apply it all over (pretty heavy handedly)- then put more verve in inner corners-- holy smokes!! It's the perfect platinum shimmer eyeshadow shade. It's super pigmented. It's a little dramatic (for me) but I love this look and I love that I have the option if I'm traveling to do something dramatic like that while also having all the neutrals in one palette.

Verve- love verve. It doesn't transfer quite so silver on the skin as it looks in the pan, but it can be built up to look more silvery. I tend to use verve as an inner corner highlight on days I want something more dramatic than virgin. I also like it right under my brow line. It is a super pigmented highlight that can also be built up to a very platinum es shade. Verve has the largest nick in it. It's definitely the color I'm running out of the quickest.

YDk- a very pretty copper/bronzey shade and one of the warmer tones in the palette. I like this in the outer v to make an everyday day look appear bolder.

Busted- a cool brown w shimmer but doesn't transfer super shimmery on the lids. I am loving this as a liner right now. Of course I was all about the blackout but this is a little less in your face and user friendly. This is especially exquisite on the lower lash line.

Blackout- easily the blackest eyeshadow I've ever tried. And this might be the blackest one on the market. I also LOVE that it's matte.

This is a fabulous liner for me and honestly using shadow is the ONLY way I can pull off black as a liner. As pigmented as it is it smudges out easily and THANFULLY no fallout!' Which was my biggest fear (nyx black had a lot of fallout for me).

So this is my take on the colors of by far my favorite palette. You can look at my naked palette review as well for reference. Or my update on naked basics

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lipgloose2

I'm in love with this palette! I love all the colors and they look great on my cool skin tone. The shadows are very smooth to apply and they blend wonderfully. I use them with the UD Primer Potion and the shadows last all day. This is hands down the best makeup product I've ever bought! Considering the great quality and how long it lasts, it's definitly worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. It's cooler-toned than the first (which I also own and love.) My favorite shades by far are Booty Call, Tease and Busted. Gorgeous.

The only negative I have is that I have lost 2 eye shadows (nearly three) because the pans popped out and the shadow shattered. Extremely disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by imi11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first Urban Decay product I have purchased, and also the first large eyeshadow palette I have purchased. I liked the idea that it came with a number of shades that were neutral as I am not a brights shade girl.

The shade selection is great because it includes matte, frost and shimmer shades. A perfect combination of shades for all occasions, matte shades for work and shimmer and frost shades for a night out! I use it every day, and my favourite shades are tease, foxy, and snakebite. Although I love them all these are the ones I use most days!

I find the shades last pretty much all day, especially if I am wearing a primer or paintpot, so that impresses me. There is also very little fall out, especially if you don't double dip the brushes (applying colour to both sides of the brush at a time).

I found the price to be pretty good, considering an individual UD shade is around $15-20 AUD and the palette cost me about $60 AUD. I've had the palette for a few months now and i haven't even hit the pan on the shades I use everyday.

I am very glad I invested in this palette, and I think if you are after a netural palette and you like brown shades this is the palette for you. I don't own the other Naked palettes, and I don't think i'd purchase them either mainly because I don't like the shade selection as much as this one.