Queen Helene Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, walnut shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, oatmeal honey, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, kaolin, cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I broke out with this, not sure why. However, this is less abrasive than St. Ives Apriot Scurb. This does have walnut shells in it but it isn't as coarse as the St. Ives. The smell is interesting, it reminds me of a mixture of oatmeal cookies and honey and it is very sweet and strong. The scent stays on the skin until you wash your face again. The scent did bother me a little while I was trying to sleep. I love the texture of this scrub, because it is finely ground, it doesn't feel rough yet does a good job exfoliating. After using this, my skin didn't really feel soft and it sucked out any moisture leaving my combination/oily skin very dry and tight. Also, it left my skin itchy and some patchy red spots on my cheeks. I also got some pimples on my cheeks as well and bumps on my forehead (not clogged pores, they were red and itchy). It is possible I might of had a reaction to something in this. The two lippies are for 1. Affordable for the amount of product you get. 2. The scrub is finely ground that is less rough but still effective.

this stuff is alright. i switched over from St Ives apricot scrub because i heard the apricot scrub was damaging for your skin. after switching over, though, my skin is breaking out a bit. i guess the salycylic acid the apricot scrub had made a difference. this also doesn't exfoliate my skin as well as the apricot scrub did. it used to leave my skin smooth and glowing, but this one does neither. i also can't stand the smell. at first i liked it, thought it was fun and yummy, but it got old by my third use. now i can't stand it. i will use this up, but won't repurchase. i'll go back to my apricot scrub after this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This stuff is amazing! I started using this every morning in place of using my clean and clear advantage cleanser morning and night. Since using this in my morning face routine my skin is glowing! I haven't had any breakout, the redness is gone, and it leaves my skin so smooth. The only complaint I have is the screw top. A flip top would be much better. You get a great amount of the product for the price and it doesn't take much so this tube lasts a good amount of time.

I highly recommend this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I remember using this at my grandmother's house as a kid- without permission, of course. The smell is lightly honeyed, and the texture is like a paste with a microgrit, making it much safer on the skin. Results are not immediately noticeable, but with continued use, skin is more even in tone and texture. It's dirt cheap at Sally's and one of the few scrubs that does not irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

The smell is sweet and natural and makes me want to scrub forever! Although I don't think my skin would like that very much.

It left my skin smooth and didn't irritate my sensitive cheeks at all. AND IT IS CHEAP. HOORAY!

I absolutely love this scrub! I noticed the difference in my skin the first time I used it! It smells delicious, and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It's not too harsh which I also love. The quality is amazing considering how cheap this product is, I am definitely repurchasing!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to this scrub from the St. Ive's Apricot scrub. This scrub is less abrasive and does a great job at exfoliating the face and body. I really hate the scent of this stuff and so does my husband. I wouldn't purchase again, because I'm sensitive to scents.

I like all of the Queen Helene face scrubs But I'm not crazy about the smell of this one. It does smell like oatmeal, but if I had to sum it up I would say it smells like a baby cereal with honey and dirt. But the scrub itself is really good. I have switched to this brand over the St Ives scrubs. But in terms of smell I like the Mint and the Raspberry Pomegranite better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a decent facial scrub & a very good body scrub. Despite the packaging claiming this is 'gentle', I don't really agree. Not only does it contain SLS, but there's also fragrance it in. If you have very sensitive skin it might irritate you. I have pretty sensitive skin on my face and this makes me go a little red. The scrub feels slightly harsh on my skin, so I've got to be careful and rub it in ridiculously slowly. Aside from that, it leaves my face feeling smooth and fresh, without feeling stripped of moisture. I do like it, but only use it once every 2 weeks on my face. I only need a tiny amount to cover my entire face, so the bottle lasts ages.

As for a body exfoliator, I love it. Leaves my body skin feeling lovely and clean, and doesn't feel too harsh. I like to use this before applying self-tanner...leaves me with a smooth canvas to apply my tanner on.

The smell is AMAZING, just like oats and honey.

Overall this is a good scrub. Only costs me 2.69 so it's cheap too. If you have overly sensitive skin I would not recommend this though. If it doesn't work out on your face, you could always use it on your body though :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this scrub not really understanding what the "scrub" was in it.. I had been making my own oatmeal masks so I assumed it was oatmeal or something. It's actually really finely ground walnut shells. I'm kind of wary of physical exfoliants because St. Ives apricot scrub supposedly has jagged edges and tears up your face or something. But this stuff is so finely ground it doesn't actually irritate my skin at all! It smells great, leaves my skin feeling super soft, and is really cheap. Just don't rub it in too hard. This is probably the nicest physical exfoliant I've ever used.