Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 5/12/2015 6:42:00 PM

I love this concealer and have purchased it many times. I use the fair, and when tanner, put the med over it. The little fluffy tip makes it easy to dab in the corners and keeps it from looking too thick. It stays on all day as well. It's a great emergency tool, if you look tired and need a quick refresh. I would totally recommend it.

on 5/12/2015 9:24:00 AM

I have this in the shade light however I think I need to try it in fair. It looks fine in person but in pictures it makes my undereye look yellow. I have pink undertones. I've never had problems with dark undereyes until recently (blaming that on my toddler and finals). This covers so well! I really like the sponge applicator and it blends out well with the RT sponge. It does crease but I use loose powder to bake it and it stays perfect for over 14 hours. I will buy again but in shades fair and brightener!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this is in the shade light pale. It is by far the best concealer for my under eyes. I always get a crease everytime I use a concealer and this concealer only gives a slightly crease. It is quite long wearing as well so I will repurchase again!

on 5/9/2015 7:24:00 PM

I had initially purchased Brightener and found it to be too pink and light for my NC20 complexion but forced myself to finish it before going out to buy the Light and Medium shade. (Hence the repurchase being marked as yes). In Australia I can only find the shades mentioned and also Fair. I use Light for my under eyes and areas I need to brighten. Medium for around my nose's redness. Medium is roughly an NC23~ but works when I blend everything in.

I like this concealer because it is very light weight yet covers well. My trick to get it to cover well is to apply concealer to the areas you want to conceal. Leave it to set for 30 seconds to set/thicken and then start blending or tapping into your skin.

On days when my dark circles are vey prominent, I whack on some Bobbi Brown corrector before using Light under my eyes. There is very slight creasing but nothing horrid, just where your normal creases are. I do set with a small dusting of powder always.

On to why I like this concealer so much. My nose is this.. Strange, fastidious area of my face where foundation or concealer never tends to sit well. I will usually use concealer around the area because foundation disappears without an hour or so.. Leave me looking stupid - flawless base.. Patchy nose? What!!!!!! No thanksss. Maybelline Fit Me, though good for under the eyes, did this also. So did Maybelline's Lumi Touch. Instant Age however lasts all day around my nose!!!! It sits perfectly on my face and even when the oils break through my T-zone, it wears elegantly! Not a nasty, shiny nose.

The packaging may be a draw back for some - the sponge applicator does get grubby overtime but I find this only happens if there is a build up of excess products. To combat this I use whatever is left on the sponge before winding up more product. One click happily covers both undereye areas and some light highlighting around the face. I clean the lid with alcoholic wipes if it gets to that point. Otherwise there is an option of removing the sponge completely! For personal use, I don't mind the sponge at all, but it does waste a lot of product. My tube lasts about 3 months without the sponge and roughly a month with the sponge.

Just a tip: if you want to wash your sponge. Pry it out with a tweezer, try not to rip it. Then wash it with Daiso's Sponge Detergent. Wait for it to dry and then place back in, using the tweezer to push the sponge back in.

Technically 3.5 stars rating but will update.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Having used this for a while now I quite like it, it covers well, really brightens my eye area and one bottle lasts ages however it does have a few flaws. Firstly I have large pores and it does tend to settle in them and make it's self obvious, secondly I find it doesn't last all day and a touch up is usually required.

For the price though I think its a great little product and I'll be buying another when mine runs out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up because everyone in the blogosphere raves about this product. It's not for me.

First of all, I can't find the proper color for me to use under my eyes. I have quite fair skin with yellow undertones. The light shade is too dark, the fair shade is too pink.

The sponge applicator is a bit gross for my taste. Over time the product just sits there in the sponge and doesn't instill a good sense of hygiene.

Lastly, the product itself feels like it sits on top of my skin. It requires a massive amount of setting in order for it not to move if I accidentally happen to touch my undereye area. This is the only concealer I've tried that I absolutely have to use a brush or sponge (I prefer to use fingers) and obviously the sponge that comes with it isn't capable of blending the product onto my skin. The various reviews out there says this doesn't crease but all it does is crease on me. It's so thin that I don't understand how it doesn't crease. Initially, it appears to cover the dark circles but this stuff is gone halfway through the day.

A big disappointment for me. I much prefer the Fit Me concealer.

on 5/7/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this concealer had good coverage but the consistency is a bit too thin for my taste and It creases so easily. also i didn't like the sponge applicator. I really wanted to like this because so many good reviews but it just didn't work for me.

on 5/7/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the only undereye concealer that has worked for me, and I have tried quite a few. It has a really great texture and a good amount of pigment without looking unnatural. It completely erased my dark circles, which are not that dark, but are definitely noticeable when I don't cover them. I wore it with powder on top while working outside for several hours, and it still looked great afterward. It isn't cakey or dry-looking, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines all that much. I think this is a must-try for those with dark circles.

on 5/6/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have really intense dark circles, so I was pretty impressed when I tried this concealer. I used to use a combination of Revlon Anti-Aging and Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer to conceal and brighten my under eye area, but now I just use this product most of the time. Although it comes in a wide range of colors, it's kind of hard to find the shade that matches you when you're buying it for the first time. I was pretty surprised that fair is too light for me 'cause usually fair is the correct shade for me, but for this product, light is actually the right shade for my under eye area. I now use the shade, fair, as a cream highlighter.
The only downside of this product is its packaging. URGH! I don't like the sponge applicator of it. Sometimes the product doesn't come up after just a few spins, and that leads to two consequences: a) I'll wait for FOREVER for the product to come out, and in this case, only a very small amount of product comes through, or b) I'll just keep turning the applicator for a few (two or three) more spins, then the product inside just comes spilling out. BUT I also think that the applicator might be the reason why this concealer does such a great job. Ugh. It's like a love-hate situation.
The results/finish of this product outweighs the bad of the packaging though, so I'll still repurchase it after I've gone through my current bottle.

on 5/6/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What can i say about this stuff? just great great great.
It brighten up my eyes, can conceal under eye nicely, doesn't crease, not oily, staying power is great. I also use it as eye primer. It does work great as i have very oily lid eye.
No more smudge eye shadow and no need e/s primer anymore.
And i don't mind with packaging. We can just pull off the sponge applicator if we don't like it.
Repurchase? Yes!