September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by eunoia93

I'm a young, asian girl with warm, yellow undertoned skin (naturally black hair). This a wonderful MLBB for me. It's this super nice warm brown-pink.

I see that a lot of the reviews says it's too brown or not pink enough but that's just not true (not all women are pale-y pinky skin you know!).

Anyway it looks really good on too.. the consistency is creamy and feels light on (like just having lip balm on). It doesn't exaggerate lip lines. It's also really pigmented so you dont have to swipe much to get the full color. Unfortunately it's not very long lasting (but I didn't expect it to be).. that's usually a deal breaker for me but considering the color and finish are so nice and it's not high end price then I can deal with that. Other cons: like all the lip butters and most lipsticks it's pretty transferable, also it's so soft as a bullet that's super easy to smoosh it and mess it up (like I did)... Mine looks like pudding in the tube now but at least I have a lip brush to use with it.

That said, I wouldn't leave it somewhere hot where ti could get too soft and melty and be careful to twist it all the way down before covering it (and up pretty far before using it because it'll get smooshed against the tube otherwise).

Packaging is super cute though! Love the revlon quilted pattern.

I would re-buy this again definitely because there's not a lot of MLBB's for me that I really like.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A little pricey for a drugstore lippy but its the first shade I've come across that is really MLBB on my skin. I haven't found anything else that works as well. I'm an NC 42 in MAC, a Warm Nautral 4.5 in Bobbi and a Desert Sand in Graftobian. My lips are quite pigmented so they are darker than my skin and no other shade I've tried has worked on me so far.

This is the best by far. The only thing is that its not as long lasting - and can easily disappear. So I'd try layering it with another Revlon matte shade to help it along. Unless I find something better, this would definitely get re-purchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by materialface

Shoot me but, I thought this would be more "pink" in color. I love this for the fall/winter time. I am a fan of nude lipsticks with a hint/undertone of pink, which pink truffle is, in my opinion. This is a great everyday color for the office, very appropriate in color, adds sheen and moisture to your lips. my lips are naturally really red, so pink truffle looks more brown on my lips then it would for some other ppl. If you have discoloration on your lips, just do what i do, which is dab some concealer onto your lips to create a blank canvas. a creamy concealer is better so it doesn't dry your lips out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip butter indeed gives a very smooth and comforting feeling when you first glide it upon your lips. It even has a delightfully delicious hint of flavor on it. The shade is absolutely great and I can use it on top of my other lipsticks when I either need to tone strong colors down or add some vamp to some paler shades. The only problem I have with this product is that it tends to dry my lips A LOT to the point of cracking and chapping just a few hours after application. And yes, I've even tried using a lip balm under it but then the results are just the same - great start, disappointing end. I recommend you don't use this one on its own or at least get a powerful moisturizing lip care/balm if you plan to use this for the long run. It's a love/hate relationship for me when it comes to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Today I purchased my 1st Revlon's lip butter in Pink Truffle along with Loreal's Le Balm Tender Mauve. Revlon's lip butter feels a bit more sticky & pigmented, but not overdone & has better staying power in comparison to Loreal's Tender Mauve. Although it is a nice sheen color on my tan skin, it feels too much like a slippery layer of thin gloss that you could get from a jelly balm. The glossy shine stays but the color fades quickly. . *Finally, I like the Revlon lip butter much better for texture, pigmentation & staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Bought this on a whim and so glad it's mine!! The color is a tawny pink matte which suits my light-medium skin perfectly. This is a great everyday lipstick that should be in everyone's beauty arsenal. It feels soft like a balm with a satiny lipstick finish--the most striking MLBB shade I've found and a total HG, I hope Revlon never discontinues their lip butters cuz I'm addicted to them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very subtle MLBB, pink-brown shade (but heavier on the pink than on the brown). As in, it's almost the EXACT same color as my lips, and sheer enough that a birthmark on my lip still shows through until I've given it a few good swipes. I find it to be a nice, subtle, neutral shade for when I want to look nice, but not really dressed-up. It's also a good safe bet for when I don't know what colors will work with a particular outfit - it's so subtle, it goes with everything!

In fact, the subtlety was at first a turn-off for me. I thought it didn't do enough to brighten up my face (I'm normally a red lipstick kinda gal), but I've actually gotten more unsolicited compliments out of Pink Truffle than anything else in my makeup bag! Turns out that it does have a noticeable, if soft, brightening effect, especiallly in sunlight.

Its one flaw is that it fades into pretty much nothing after a few hours, and thus requires a lot of reapplication - its sister, Red Velvet, doesn't last much longer, but it fades into a GORGEOUS red stain (which I like to leave, instead of freshening up, as it looks much more natural and understated), while Pink Truffle basically disappears. Which I guess is expected, given how close it is to my natural lip color even when fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG. As in HG lip product. Ultimate MLBB. This is perfect for school/work and all other everyday occasions when you want to look put together but not too made up. With this I don't need multiple products for my lips like a balm then lipstick and/or gloss. I'll layer a little on if I want more attention on my lips. I don't worry about if my lips will look too matte or too glossy; they look natural and supple. If I ever can't decide what lip color goes with my look: hi, Pink Truffle. I actually know this is versatile and love this so much sometimes I get scared to use it because I don't want it to run out and then I get sad at the thought...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I bought this after reading the reviews and I'm glad I did. It goes on sheer and moisturizing and the color on me is a pinky brown, more brown than pink. I'm looking forward to getting more colors. Also, I can touch up without using a mirror and that's a first for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by r3shma