April 17, 2014 | 1672 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really smooth powder. It doesn’t look cakey or wear off easily. When used over luquid foundation it sets foundation for hours. It smells nice, comes in sleek but flimsy packaging. I have already repurchased. Great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to use MAC Blot Powder until I tried this. It's the same translucent finish without the pricey tag. Also, I notice that this lasts a lot longer product-wise. I used to run out of Blot Powder almost every 3 months and I've been using my current compact for about 5. Definately worth giving a try if you like to use a pressed powder to combat oiliness throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use to like using only high end brands on my skin since I'm so acne prone and I can easily break out if I'm not careful about what I'm using. But lately I've realized you can still get skin-friendly products at the drugstore, you just have to be careful about reading the ingredients.
Also, I've been noticing how difficult it is to find a truly translucent powder. I like using translucent powders because I don't wear foundation but I also have to wear some kind of powder because my face is super oily. I was using Laura Mercier's setting powder but that costs $30! I just can't spend that kind of money anymore, with the economy I feel ridiculous. Other than the few like LM's, even if it says translucent it's not, it has some color in it. I understand why, it's to prevent the white chalkiness but LM's just disappears without adding color. Drugstore-wise, there is almost no products that carry translucent powders. This is one of the few that has a true colorless powder and it's comparable to LM's and for a lot cheaper at only $2.75! I bought this back in 2009 in Maui when I needed something cheap because I forgot my compact. And another positive is that the ingredients look pretty harmless and hasn't caused problems with my skin. It does leave the slightest grey cast right after application but that fades in 10 minuets or so, or at least it does with oily skin. Anyone with dry skin might want to opt for the one with color added. A definite find!
PS. I have the loose powder too which I also love and has now replaced my BE mineral veil which has no oil control and sucks! I use the loose first thing in the morning and carry the pressed version in my purse. I think I am going to stick to all drugstore brands from now on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ahhh. I was uber excited to get this product, from the reviews on here, and even before I bought it I started calling it "Heavenly Powder", because it sounded like everything I've wanted and more in a powder... and it is. It's just perfect. It's compressed which means that it's not gonna be goin' everywhere in your purse. It has a handy-dandy mirror. It shuts tightly and won't break. Though the pink sponge monstrosity is something that belongs in your trash can.

EDIT: found something better that helps with oil SO MUCH MORE. It keeps the oil at bay basically all day and it's packaging is better by about 100. It's by Maybelliene (or however you spell it...) and it's called Dream Matte Powder. Check it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I bought this because of the great reviews on MUA, and I'm glad I did. I've repurchased this so many times, and keep one at work because it's so cheap. It's super cheap but works great at setting foundation, keeping shine away, and just overall making my skin look more finished and smooth. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kenka

it was really dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!, mm not a good quality over all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by shelbythezebra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

When I went into CVS, it was my mission to find the cheapest pressed powder available, and when I found this, I was not expecting anything at all, but for three dollars, I bought it anyways. I'm glad that I bought it, because this is a STEAL. The packaging it not good at all, and I'm always afraid that I'll break it, but it has a big mirror and it's good for bringing to school. I use this like blot powder, and it's easy to use halfway thought the day when my nose gets oily. The applicator it comes with is a little pathetic, but i use a brush to apply this, and I only use the applicator when I'm at school, and it does a good job. I wish I knew about this product before I bought $12 neutrogena pressed powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I never use Mac Blot so I cant really tell the different but I like it so far. I bought it for summer time and was very happy with the price. My skin is sensitive but it doesnt break me out. My skin is dark, I bought the translucent one, it looked a bit white on my face first but after about 15 mins it set on my face. It's a good blotting powder and I does a good job what its supposed to be. I dont like the package, I wish I can take it off and put it in a nicer one. And the sponge comes with it is useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

I LOVE this thing! I use it for so many things. Touch ups are great with this. You don't get a caked on look and it blends it really well with your current make up. I would never use it alone since it does go on a bit flaky - I don't know why, but it's easy to work with in my routine. Packaging is crap, but who cares - it's 1.99. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this stuff, you get what you pay for. It's chalky, the applicator is ridiculous, and I think it made me break out. I'm glad I didn't lose very much money, but I recommend that you don't waste your time with this one.