Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM

I got this in black and use it every single day. Extremely easy to apply, stays on all day and has a really good pigmentation. With the added plus of being ridiculously cheap, it gives high end brands a run for their money.

on 10/9/2013 4:55:00 PM

The first time I tried this, I LOVED IT. Five dollars, and looks like it has significantly more product than any of the other gel liners I own. Glides on so smoothly, is very lightweight and creamy. However, the last two times I have purchased it, I have found it flakes a bit, but still very smooth and buttery-feeling upon application

on 10/9/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

So glad I finally got my hands on this! They're not available in the UK so I bought this in the US for around $3.

The packaging is similar to MAC's gel liners, in a small glass pot with a screw-on lid, and there is loads of product to get through. It lasts for ages as long as the lid is kept screwed on tight so the product doesn't dry out.

I use a Maybelline gel eye liner brush to apply (one of the free brushes with their gel liner pots). It applies wonderfully smooth in a true black colour and really does just glide on. Once applied it does dry quickly so my browbone is never smudged with product. Even when I'm out in humidity or when I'm sweating it stays put - even when my eyes are watering from allergies it doesn't run or smudge at all.

The negatives? They're not sold in the UK! I bought 3 of them at once so I won't run out soon. The other colours are discontinued and the black is the only one to stay, which is a shame as the formula is perfect.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and easy-to-use gel liner - I'd choose this over all of the high end ones any day.

on 10/5/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think I love this more than my Maybelline one!

This a super black and smooth eyeliner and you get so much for the price (around $3 if I recall correctly).

I did some winged eyeliner one day and it stayed nice and dark all day with no smudging. Even when I was working a Saturday shift at a retail job and I was running around and sweating like crazy. This stuff is amazing.

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I would buy again and again.

on 9/18/2013 10:36:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. I picked it up one day [in black] at Ulta on a whim and have never turned back. I used to use the Maybelline gel liner but it seemed hard and clay-like. The Essence liner is so creamy and glides right on. I have oily lids and this stuff will not budge once it's dry. Right now, I use it almost daily for tightlining with an Elf concealer brush. It's such a strong, deep black.

on 8/31/2013 9:46:00 PM

What a wonderful product! Last so long! Super inexpensive and is just perfect. :) my HG gel eye liner forever.

on 8/31/2013 9:29:00 PM

This eyeliner is really something special. It is the only liner, in any form, that lasts on my waterline. And I mean all day, from when I do my makeup at 7:30 am to when I get home from the gym at 8 pm.
It glides on nicely (I use the Maybelline eye studio gel liner brush) and works well for tightlining too. I wish I could find it in other colors than black!

on 8/22/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. Incredibly black, long lasting, pigmented, smooth, easy to work with and is easy to take off if u have a makeup remover or moisturizer would do too. Overall I love it and it's perfect and cheap so give it a try or u'd be missing out aha only downside is that ur eyeliner brush gets all crusty when it dries and when u take off the eyeliner it's crusty but really no one cares about that and it's no big deal at all aha BUY IT NOW it's awesome. I find it better than the maybelline gel liner because it doesn't transfer to my eyelids (the maybelline I had wasnt waterproof but it still shouldnt transfer) just go buy the essence now :)

on 8/20/2013 10:07:00 PM

Best eyeliner I've used.. it lasts all day, with good pigmentation.

on 8/16/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade "midnight in Paris" aka black. I'm not a big fan of gel eyeliner but I like this one. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply but I can only apply it on 2/3 of my eye because when I apply it on my 1/3 inner corner it will smudge,no matter what! I tried to set it with a black eyeshadow but it will still smudge hence the 4 stars. Maybe because i have watery eyes idk. The price is great,it last a long time. I've had mine for almost a year and still going strong,no drying whatsoever. Yes,I will buy it again and again. I don't see the point of spending $9 &up for a drugstore gel eyeliner,might as well pay the extra bucks and get a high end one. Get this one instead for $3 and your wallet will thank you.